What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Basically anything we do in Kashmir is bad. Even if an Indian soldier helps an old woman cross the street, many people will find that 'propaganda'

Yes, indian army are not saints. And yes, there have bee individuals who have shamed our army by harassing, raping or killing innocent kashmiris. But that doesn't mean the indian army is a brutal force. But many adamantly refuse to see the army's positive side.

Basically anything we do in Kashmir is bad. Even if an Indian soldier helps an old woman cross the street, many people will find that 'propaganda'

Yes, indian army are not saints. And yes, there have bee individuals who have shamed our army by harassing, raping or killing innocent kashmiris. But that doesn't mean the indian army is a brutal force. But many adamantly refuse to see the army's positive side.

Oh no no no..........I mean women raped, innocent people killed......its not the Armies fault, its the Kashmirir people, its their fault...obviously, because the murderers are Indians, and Indians do no wrong........OK, you all happy now....lets move on.

Pakistan and its denial problem. Need I say more. :azn:

Look whom I replied to.

You mentioned Pakistan which means you generalized all Pakistanis, so you weren't replying to just one individual.

So next time before you come up with above kind of ridiculous generalizing statements, do see the mirror and see the problem of denial by India and Indians.

You do realize its published in unknown Indian NEWS PAPER

In April 2008, the Indian Readership Survey (IRS) Round I determined DNA’s readership to be 676,000 ranking DNA 8th amongst the Top Ten English Dailies in India. DNA, Mumbai is the second most read English broadsheet in the city of Mumbai

According to the National Readership Study (NRS 2006) findings released in August 2006, DNA’s readership in Mumbai city is 5,18,000. Meanwhile, the readership figures released by NRS 2006 show DNA had the largest increase (29%) for any general English newspaper in Mumbai, and indicates that DNA was by far the fastest growing newspaper in that city, giving it the second largest circulation among Mumbai newspapers.

On February 11, 2007, DNA announced that its paid circulation has crossed 400,000 in Mumbai. It had crossed 300,000 in October 2006. In May 2006, DNA authorized Ernst & Young to certify its circulation figures.[6] E & Y submitted its report in July, putting its paid circulation at 270,000.

before saying something stupid think twice :sick:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_(newspaper)

In April 2008, the Indian Readership Survey (IRS) Round I determined DNA’s readership to be 676,000 ranking DNA 8th amongst the Top Ten English Dailies in India. DNA, Mumbai is the second most read English broadsheet in the city of Mumbai

According to the National Readership Study (NRS 2006) findings released in August 2006, DNA’s readership in Mumbai city is 5,18,000. Meanwhile, the readership figures released by NRS 2006 show DNA had the largest increase (29%) for any general English newspaper in Mumbai, and indicates that DNA was by far the fastest growing newspaper in that city, giving it the second largest circulation among Mumbai newspapers.

On February 11, 2007, DNA announced that its paid circulation has crossed 400,000 in Mumbai. It had crossed 300,000 in October 2006. In May 2006, DNA authorized Ernst & Young to certify its circulation figures.[6] E & Y submitted its report in July, putting its paid circulation at 270,000.

before saying something stupid think twice :sick:

DNA (newspaper) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

same web site this is what it says about the newspaper.

Present Editions
DNA is currently published from Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Jaipur. DNA has stopped publishing from Surat.

[edit] Future Editions
The Major Metro Cities of India such as New Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Lucknow and Bhopal are also targeted for the futured edition of DNA News Paper.

so its not even a national paper:rofl:

DNA provides a supplement called "YA!young adults" in Bombay and parts of Pune. It is mainly targeted towards kids from as young as 4 years to 18, but it is also read by many parents and people who are almost 50 years old. It is published by editor Anuradha Sengupta and publishes on every Sunday.

It gives lots of information about happenings around Bombay, camps, bookshops, international worries such as global warming,contests, games and puzzles, comics, jokes, recipes, children's worries like bullying and heavy homework etc,did-you-knows, and children's contributions such as poems,essays,articles on their life, letters to the editor, drawings etc. The editor also publishes a letter of her own thoughts towards the children who have written to her.

YOU no you are right this sounds like a International level NEWSPAPER i should think twice about this you got me dude i am just speech less.

did you read about the part where it says even children can contribute to the paper i guess that explains the fantcy news posted as a Topic.:azn::rofl:

Essel Group is a group of companies headed by Subhash Chandra based in Mumbai, Maharashtra [1]. The companies under the group are:

Media
Zee Entertainment Enterprises
Zee News
DNA (newspaper)

Yeah i see it even becomes more crdible now that zee news name is attached to it.

Last edited:
You do realize its published in unknown Indian NEWS PAPER

Okay Sir.. you dont have trust.. Next time your freedom fighter .."IF" ( big IF) returns from valley 'Alive'.. Please ask them to confirm the same.. Problem solved

And Sir you are not sure for this newspaper's credibility.. then let me tell you this is JV of Dainik Bhaskar Group (Covering 9 states) and Essel group ( same group owns Zee channels, essel world and Indian Cricket League)...

well....very gud question....answer is india doesn\'t want to free kashmir,thats it........
if u ask why then the answer is,india is a large country with multiethnic society,different languages ,cultures,more then 2 dozen of states(so we,as a country r not united by region,religion or race but by the ideology of unity in diversity).....if delhi bows to d demands of some puny terrorists in one state.... then within a month there will be same demands frm 5 others....just look at NE states n telengana issue....
so d issue of kashmir is not that simple to solve....as i see kashmir will be with india......

but then again if indo-pak relations improve(when,how...difficult to say),,then may be both d nations will take step towards peace in the valley.....
dude see you got something like 700000 troops there, thats even bigger then the size of pakistan army...

you say apart from just a few 'people' majority wants to be with india.... plus i doubt india has such a major problem in any of its other states... plus you guys have already agreed that you will let the kashmiris decide... and according to your statistics india will be favorite by a large margin... atleast that will stop the 'insurgency' and shut pakistan up once and for all!!!

please tell me is this "FREE" & "SECULAR" thing noticed in places like gujrat? can an azaan be said in gujrat can the QURBANI be done on the streets of gujrat?

is LoC the only place in india where the army believes in secularism?????

are the orissa christans free to practise their faith?

Well if you have been following the UNHCR and HRW reports. Its GoP that is blamed for shifting its populations into the historical J&K state and not India.

The last census was done in 1998 and that didn't include Northern Areas or Pakistani Kashmir. Here is the 1998 demographic summary.
Population Census Organization, Government of Pakistan

Before we can do that, we have to have zero or close to zero intimidation by militant groups based in Pakistan. GoI has time and again intimated that they are willing to talk and sort out issues with separatists. But these people are intimated by militants. Cse in point the attack on Qureshi, a recent attack on a Kashmir Congress party leader and attack by Geelani activists on Yasin Malik.

The question of "why doesn't India do a plebiscite?" applied to Pakistan as well. Even more so because the Norther Areas had no political rights until last year.
i am sorry havent been following the UNHCR and HRW reports, can you be kind enough to give me a reference?

dude the 'nothern areas' you talk about were a part of NWFP... seriously man, you guys do a lot of research but still miss basic googling... here is the link for 1998 census

The total population of 2.973 million according to the Population Census of 1998 is estimated to be 3.271 million in 2002. Almost 100% population is Muslim. Out of the total population, 87.5% are living in rural areas while 12.5% are urban residents.

About Kashmir

buddy!!!! GoI will always keep on saying that insurgency is there, if india was ever serious in solving this issue it wasnt that hard. The conflicts were going on when Un was trying ot hold a referendum in east timor. these conflicts will go on, its time india should stop being a cry baby n take up some responsibility!!!

both countries will go into this plebiscite together, pakistan has always been willing, its india who needs to show interest. and as for northern areas you dont have to worry about them buddy... there is no separatist movement or fights going on!!!! lets focus on the main topic!!

At least the pakistani public-politicians-army can see that you will not move an inch on kashmir as long there is a sword not hanging over your head......you going have to bleed to stay in kashmir and where going to make you bleed.

They are bombs going of in Pakistan almost everyday. Why dont you first put a bandage on your own wounds and then talk about bleeding others.

Blowing up of infrastructure in Kashmir is hurting the daily life of Kashmiris.....Is that the aim???

Back
Top Bottom