What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
There is a difference between Separatists and Fools (I wont call her a traitor,She is not worth it.)

The separatists are not doing what they are to get any international acclaim/awards/brownie points etc.

They have some valid issues that needs to be addressed withing the ambits of the Indian constitution.

Now coming to Mrs.Suzanne Roy,the only ambition that she has is to be in the attention and to get publicity (no problem if its negative or positive) as long as it is is publicity.

She never addresses to the Indian masses....rather to the elite,hyper-educated,ultra-liberals sitting in Manhattan and discussing nothing worthwile,yet can give Prizes to whomever they feel is upholding Humanity.

I suggest you go through this thread.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/78284-algebra-infinite-fundamentalism.html
Separatists want to separate, they don't give a damn about the Indian constitution. Indian constitution is as important as the daily comic strip in the papers.

Main thing is simple, once the population you are calling your own does not acknowledge you as their own, your rules stop being applied onto them.

If you don't want to fight on Kashmir and want to discuss things, then you have to start with the assumption that the Indian constitution is inapplicable to the Kashmir issue and only the wishes of the masses are what counts

Naa don't agree with your post,
Come to Europe, criticize your own country, you will get rewards in return

And that exactly is what she wants - Nobel Peace Prize - for being the upholder of Humanity in India.

Labelling her a Traitor? ------- oh well that only happens in India and Indian subcontinent!

Arey bhaai..we are all from the Indian sub-continent..they why u guys praising her?

Naa don't agree with your post,
Come to Europe, criticize your own country, you will get rewards in return

Labelling her a Traitor? ------- oh well that only happens in India and Indian subcontinent!

I have not heard from her mouth any sympathy for the soldiers who get killed at the hands of the terrorists.

Whats nonsense that lady is talking abt Kashmir?

Why the hell is the Indian media and government even entertaining this bull$hit from her?

Just ignore her. That's it.

She is not a traitor. She is a fame seeking person who likes to be in the limelight all the time.

Some people find its good to glorify her and describe her as truth seeker for the words she has spoken, but will revert back the decision if she by any chance says something stupid against them.

Strange the human mind. Is n't it? :lol:

Separatists want to separate, they don't give a damn about the Indian constitution. Indian constitution is as important as the daily comic strip in the papers.

Main thing is simple, once the population you are calling your own does not acknowledge you as their own, your rules stop being applied onto them.

If you don't want to fight on Kashmir and want to discuss things, then you have to start with the assumption that the Indian constitution is inapplicable to the Kashmir issue and only the wishes of the masses are what counts

^^ Offtopic.

I am not speaking as to what perception Kashmiri Muslims have for the Indian constitution.

They have some grouses(right or wrong) and they protest for that.They dont protest just because they can get some awards on an international fora

But Arundatti does exactly for that and therein lies the diffference

Last edited:
Why not try all the Azaadi calling protesting Kashmiris for treason too then? Why just her? Because she's famous?

How many times do I need to remind people that 'Freedom of Expression' of Kashmiri people is different than 'Freedom of Expression' of rest of India. For more detail read-up article 370 from wikipedia.

Gahh after a while it gets annoying repeating the same argument again and again!

Its now fashion in India, for the people like Roy to sit across TV panels, interviews and comment about 'every-issue-in-india'. Yes, 'every-issue-in-India'. The trend started with the NBA Medha Patkar (she participates in every procession anywhere in India. This has become her full time profession) and now everyone has become expert the guardian of humanity.

Beauty of Roy is that she at the most issues statements and nothing, before hopping over to next issue and in reality she doesnt give damn about Kashmiris (or maoists, tribals etc). She goes with media flow, whatever hot topic is.

Atmost, she is an ignorable entity

one soln is
give us zardari,we can use him management schools.
take the AR ,she can play a good role in pakistan while negotiating with ttp

Peshwa

I think you missed the point. It doesn't matter what Indians do or what not. What matter and what positive about this news is that after all the years of ranting about the Indian integrity with Kashmir some Indians have started to talk about Azadi and solution of Kashmir issue outside Indian constitution.

Nobody is saying that Indian parliament is going made the amendments in the constitution tomorrow or day after tomorrow. What's necessary is that at least some Indians have started to smell the coffee. :)

Of course Areesh.....but this isnt new, this has always existed....

This is a given.....In a multi faceted country like India, there are people with a whole spectrum of views....some that are possibly against the unity of the nation....
I mean take the Khalistanis, NE speratists etc.... Arundhati Roy being the prime example of a prominent Indian with differing views than the majority...

But the point is that these people do not represent the majority....and thats the key and beauty of a democracy.... the shaping of people's ideas and thoughts has a huge impact on the foreign policy as well as politics.....India's Kashmir policy is a reflection of Indian sentiments towards Kashmir.....

Now let me say something that you probably will not like hearing....

Most Indians I feel have become desnsitized to the Kashmiri struggle mostly due to the political aspect of the situation....ie. Pakistans involvement.....I strongly feel that a lot of people sympathize with Kashmiris...but because Pakistan is a party to this conflict, it makes it hard for Indians to do anything to appease Pakistan...

Harsh but True....

All this hate will go once people start to sit down and think. And for the fans of Arundhati... don't worry nothing will happen to her. It is just that some people are pissed at her. Enough people support her voicing of views if not the views as such.
Hey if some Indian is able to show Kashmiris that we sympathize with them, then thats an achievement.

I have not heard from her mouth any sympathy for the soldiers who get killed at the hands of the terrorists.

Whats nonsense that lady is talking abt Kashmir?

Why the hell is the Indian media and government even entertaining this bull$hit from her?

Just ignore her. That's it.

take a chill pill
she has the guts to criticize the own side
that’s something really remarkable

Indians always say they don’t care what the world say about their treatment of Kashmiris. now its very citizens are criticising and you cant digest it?

Its not bullshit if it doesn’t suit your side. Your attitude is the first step towards the decline the absolute dismissal of reality and snubbing the criticism is what leads to the fall of empires in history.

Back
Top Bottom