What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I don't think anywhere in my post can you find even one such a reference - so I think this post rather unfair.

Pakistan, you are exactly right, has failed in it's original promise, but this is not a solution to India's problem - Bhooka Naanga Hindustan, Jan se Pyara Pakistan

Look, I'm not suggesting you are not entitled to your position, but I do ask that you at least create a cogent argument and present a position that deals with the problem at hand, which is Bhooka Naanga.

By all means say Pakistan and it's founders are the fountain of evil, it may be emotionally satisfying - but it still leaves you with the Bhooka Naanga problem, doesn't it ? So why not deal with that problem?

You have to actually travel to India to see how many are indeed "Bhookha Nanga" in India, and how many of those remaining "Bhookha Nanga" are getting food and clothes with each passing year.

BTW, at least those chanting this slogan in Kashmir, neither look bhookha nor nanga to me. Which takes me to the 2nd part _Jaan se pyaara Pakistan. As I said, one really have to love Pakistan more than his Life to actually live there. Kabhi bhi Jaan ja sakti hai.

And if those kashmiri really love pakistan that much, why dont they just leave, and why not you open the border for them and give them pakistani citizenship? afterall they love pakistan more than their lives, they surely can let go of the land for this love. What u say?

Nobody is forced to learn Hindi.I am from West Bengal.I had my schooling there.I never had Hindi as any of my papers in my school.But my school did provide Hindi as an option.We were free to choose our option.
I had English as my first language and Bengali as my second language.
So is the case everywhere else.You are free to choose your language.

We do live in an open society where people decide what language they want to speak....
Yes, we are not forced to learn hindi anywhere. During my college days we had options to choose either hindi, malayalam, latin, french or arabic as second language(in university of kerala).Since i could't digest the malayalam literature and grammar during my school days i opted for hindi which was much easier to learn and to score more marks (Syllabus wise) than my own language.

You have to actually travel to India to see how many are indeed "Bhookha Nanga" in India, and how many of those remaining "Bhookha Nanga" are getting food and clothes with each passing year.

BTW, at least those chanting this slogan in Kashmir, neither look bhookha nor nanga to me. Which takes me to the 2nd part _Jaan se pyaara Pakistan. As I said, one really have to love Pakistan more than his Life to actually live there. Kabhi bhi Jaan ja sakti hai.

And if those kashmiri really love pakistan that much, why dont they just leave, and why not you open the border for them and give them pakistani citizenship? afterall they love pakistan more than their lives, they surely can let go of the land for this love. What u say?

So the sequence of love goes like this in the decreasing order

Land
Pakistan
Life

Land is dearer than Pakistan, else separatists would have left and gone to Pakistan
Pakistan is dearer than Life, if a take the slogan on face value ;)

Is it me or is there something wrong with the priorities of these folks..

^^quote from footmarks--Which takes me to the 2nd part _Jaan se pyaara Pakistan. As I said, one really have to love Pakistan more than his Life to actually live there. Kabhi bhi Jaan ja sakti hai.

well said my friend....

That's tripe -- India is not a collection of states to be held in captivity. Can Inida be India abnd hold a state captive?? Think that one over, don't give one liners full of emotion - actually think about it, can it be democratic and "secular" holding the only Muslim majority state captive?? Today the world is buying your line because there is the Islamist bugaboo around, but they won't be around for much loinger not in the way they have been - and then?

Indians are much more rational then Pakistanis in matters related to Kashmir. If you calculate the collateral damage Kashmir has caused to each of the country, you get the answer.

Yes you are correct to say that the world including majority of Kashmiries are no longer going to buy the cliché ‘Muslim majority state’. It is time for Pakistan to change its position

The case of kashmir is unique because it is the unfinished business of 47. It's unfortunate and it's painful, no one is denying that and it must be especially painful that after making such dramatic movement in creating lives of dignity that the India recalled is Bhooka and Naanga - all that is understood, but please don't give me worn out, unconsidered pathetic positions - All India will unravel - it's great for scaring people into supporting a particular line -- look the US did it and look at what it got them, is this even the America we admired?

The case Kashmir is finished the moment the King signed the instrument of accession. As for UN resolutions they are defunct and have expired. It is time to remove them from the UN Charter. This is going to do good for both to India and more to Pakistan

As for the ‘Bhooka and Naange’, it is another cliché. It is cliché’ which most Pakistanis use an excuse for its short comings . Anyway,I presume you are in UK, is not world admiring India?

So, yes, painful yes, got to be done, and I am saying this because in the end, whether Jihadi or something else captive Kashmiri want out -- but there is something I am really suprised by, none of our Indian interlocutors have said OK, lets see how they like you -- what do you think the response from Pakistan might be?? What has been their track record in assimilating provinces and extending rights and shouldering responsibilities??

Can you say the same thing of your government position; it has changed a lot since your country was formed. Musharraf solution is one such example

You know, A long time ago, i too read a poem but which was exactly a vitriolic criticism of Pakistani people (the elected leaders in particular).
yeh galyoun ke aawara baikaar kuttay,
ke bakhsha gaya jin ko zouq-e-gadai,
zamanay ki phitkaar sarmaya unka,
jahaan bhar ki dhutkaar inn ki kamaai

na araam shab ko, na rahat sawairay
ghalazat mei ghar, naaliyoun mei basairay
jo bigrhain tou ikk doosray se larhadou
zara aik roti ka tukrha dikha dou
yeh harr aik ki thokrain khaanay walay
yeh faaqoun se uktaa ke marr janay walay

yeh mazloom makhlooque garr sarr uthaey
tou insaan sabb sarr-kashi bhool jaey
yeh chahein tou dunya ko apna banalein
yeh aaqaoun ki haddiyan takk chabalein
koi inko ehsas-e-zillat dila de
koi inki soui hui dumm hilaa de...

And the Kashmiris would rather live with Kutteys than Bhookey-Nange !!! Strange Logic !!!

The Kashmiris, heck even the Pakistanis are yet to decide whether the Kashmiris want to live with Bhooke Nangey ya Faiz Ahmed Faiz ke Kuttey !!!

It is the most typical of Indian defences whenever they are losing an argument start dishing out bigoted offensive comments against a nation to derail threads and get them closed. Thread will under go some moderation, but will not close. Meanwhile I'd request people to not feed the trolls.

For the Kuttay comment, I'd like to remind you what Bulley Shah once said:

Raati jaagay sheikh sada mein
You keep awake at night and consider yourself pious

Tey raati jagan kuttay tain thee uttay
But (Bulleya) even dogs stay awake the whole night,they are better than you!

Dar malik da mool na chadhtay, pawain sau sau pawnday juttay, tain thee uttay
They do not leave the door of the master, even if beaten, they are better than you!

Rukhi sukhi roti khandain, attay jagray tai suttay, tain thee uttay
They eat the leftovers and stale food, they are better than you!

Chal way miyan Bulleya, chal yaar (Kashmiris) mana lay
Come on Bulleya, let's go and pacify Him (Kashmiris)

Nahin tay baazi lay gaye kuttay, tain thee uttay
Otherwise the dogs steal the game, they are better than you!

It is the most typical of Indian defences whenever they are losing an argument start dishing out bigoted offensive comments against a nation to derail threads and get them closed. Thread will under go some moderation, but will not close. Meanwhile I'd request people to not feed the trolls.

For the Kuttay comment, I'd like to remind you what Bulley Shah once said:

Faiz Ahmed Faiz talks about the elite class in Pakistan. This has nothing to do with India. It is a pure revolutionary piece where he wants his people to stand up against corrupt class. That '*****' is the corrupt class--

Faiz Ahmed Faiz talks about the elite class in Pakistan. This has nothing to do with India. It is a pure revolutionary piece where he wants his people to stand up against corrupt class. That '*****' is the corrupt class--
Of course, its a beautiful poem, I'm just commenting upon its perverted (ab)use.

Nice showcase you have got there. Just like your country wasted no time to install Abdul Kalam as president to save its secular image after the Muslim massacre. Your force is occupying Kashmir's land and we are sleeping? :lol:

if u think BJP installed Shri Abdul Kalam (the most loved president aka common people's favourite) to save india's secular image then my dear friend even GOD cant help u...:pop::pop::pop:

Nice showcase you have got there. Just like your country wasted no time to install Abdul Kalam as president to save its secular image after the Muslim massacre. Your force is occupying Kashmir's land and we are sleeping? :lol:

It is quiet boring to listen to Indians telling me about getting killed in my cities. In last 60+ years only past decade has been so and that too because of foreign funded terrorists who are being taken care off.

I wonder where i would be if my state government and my CM and police chief was hell bent on killing me and my family. Damn sounds scary to me. :devil:

You just cant help yourself my friend. Freedom movement in Gilgir Baltistan :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let them decide their fate as i have said before don't need to be their daddy.

The Muslim head count in Indian army is scrutinized by several several independent sources. Google yourself.

We are more than happy that we are not part of a system where the system itself kills the minorities.

I have no interest in your democracy. The only point is that you comfortably do not apply your democratic principles in Kashmir and still claim to be worlds biggest democracy. This is called hypocrisy. use a dictionary.

You guys wont be able to come with a sane argument when it comes to Kashmir. The reality is that the status of 700,000 Indian army is that of an occupying force and Kashmir is disputed territory with no international border.

You please don't talk about Azad kashmir. You wont see more anti-Indian population anywhere:sniper:. We are not doing a single thing there that could be interpreted as we are occupying it.

You people are making yourself look like fools talking about Gilgit and Azad Kashmir. Go check the protests, deaths and human rights violation and the $$ you put in Kashmir to occupy it and the size of your army. Truth is bitter.

in front of whom??
pakistan!!!
sir you need to wake up and wash u r face !!!

Anti-India rally held in Kashmir

khan20100910163317403.jpg

Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, center right, and Yasin Malik, center left, raise their hands during a protest in Srinagar on Sept. 10, 2010.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:49PM

Thousands of people have once again taken to the streets in Indian-administered Kashmir to protest civilian killings in the disputed Himalayan region.

Led by the leaders of the two major pro-independence movements, the anti-India rally was held outside the Jamia mosque in Srinagar on Friday.

Mirwaiz Umar Farooq -- a Muslim cleric and an influential moderate separatist -- along with Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik vowed to take the ongoing movement to its logical end.

Kashmiri protesters threw stones at paramilitary forces and shouted anti-Indian slogans in several towns across the Muslim-majority Kashmir valley.

The region's influential separatist politicians have led numerous rallies in the disputed valley over the past weeks.

They have threatened to continue protests until India declares Kashmir an "international dispute" and releases all political prisoners.

Demonstrators have been taking to the streets to protest against the government on an almost daily basis for months.

Indian forces have been struggling to contain the angry demonstrations, which first erupted after a student was killed by police in June.

Around 70 protesters and bystanders have been killed over the past three months.

PressTV - Anti-India rally held in Kashmir

It will stop the day Pak and these marginalised seperatists realise that they cannot have 'everything'

They demand that India withdraw forces
They demand that India withdraw AFSPA
They demand that India investigate human rights' violation
They demand that India grant them independence
They demand that India hold a plebiscite
and what not?

Do they seriously think that they are a cry baby and India will propitiate them every time they raise a hue and cry about this issue and that?

Well, It's not...never...going to be a solution where one party gives everything and other party/parties takes everything.

It has to be a solution of compromise.

And hence, this will 'stop' the day Pak and these seperatists 'realise' that they will also have to give something and hence compromise.

It's quite unfair to demand only India to give everything without getting anything in return. Quite simply, not going to happen no matter how much bloodshed there is.

Back
Top Bottom