What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
So what does? How come they don't speak urdu or hindi, everybody else does.

Wrong assumption.Everybody don't speak Hindi or Urdu in India.Hindi is obviously the most spoken language in India.But that does not count everybody.

Refer to my previous post.

Are u forgetting the Gujjrat (Muslim Killings), Babri Mosque and resently your Indian Actress (Shabana Uzmi) said on the media that she was not allowed to purchase a Flat in Mumbai just because she was muslim, the Related department refused to her.

What related department? Get your facts right. No official department can openly discriminate. These were private individuals refusing to sell their properties.

So what does? How come they don't speak urdu or hindi, everybody else does.

You are insisting on reinforcing ignorance. Who is/are everybody else? And why do you think that the South Indians should know/speak Hindi /Urdu ?

Last edited:
Isn't it better to start a separate thread for state-wise introduction rather than doing it in a thread which is unrelated???

No, it not about statewise introduction. It is attempt to show some delusional people who never lived in democratic, secular country, who never seen the rising sun after a dark night and who always think everyone in India is divided like themselves. That from whereever we come from , we were, are and will always be an Indian.

Kashmir to Kanyakumari India is ONE !!

Phool Hai Anek Kintu Mala Phir Ek Hai .. :D

I dont support the Idea of a single language for all in a country like India. Though I am from North India (Uttarakhand) and speak Hindi (Traditionally Kumauni dialect, which is way too different from Hindi, but still related) , I dont see any reason why everybody should learn it forcefully. We live in an open society, people should themselves decide what language they want to speak. Its a mode of communication, so north Indians living in South India gradually learn south Indian languages and vice versa for south Indians living in North.

I dont support the Idea of a single language for all in a country like India. Though I am from North India (Uttarakhand) and speak Hindi (Traditionally Kumauni dialect, which is way too different from Hindi, but still related) , I dont see any reason why everybody should learn it forcefully. We live in an open society, people should themselves decide what language they want to speak. Its a mode of communication, so north Indians living in South India gradually learn south Indian languages and vice versa for south Indians living in North.

Why not have ENGLISH as a link language? Whether we acknowledge it or not, ENGLISH is gaining foot hold in India. All the business communications are done in English. North Indians can stick to Hindi in their belt while South Indians their respective language in their states. But Bollywood is doing a tremendous job in educating southern masses on Hindi. Personally, I am from Vijayawada, AP, I speak Hindi just as well as my mother tongue Telugu. Most of my friends may not be able to speak in Hindi out of shy, they surely understands it. English could fill in the gap.

Why not have ENGLISH as a link language? Whether we acknowledge it or not, ENGLISH is gaining foot hold in India. All the business communications are done in English. North Indians can stick to Hindi in their belt while South Indians their respective language in their states. But Bollywood is doing a tremendous job in educating southern masses on Hindi. Personally, I am from Vijayawada, AP, I speak Hindi just as well as my mother tongue Telugu. Most of my friends may not be able to speak in Hindi out of shy, they surely understands it. English could fill in the gap.

As I said, we may choose any language we feel comfortable with. The idea is to be able to communicate efficiently. English is a language most of the urban population can speak, but rural India dont.
And yes, i agree, thanx to bollywood, most of the Indians can understand & speak most common words of Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, english & of course, Hindi.

You are insisting on reinforcing ignorance. Who is/are everybody else? And why do you think that the South Indians should know/speak Hindi /Urdu ?

Easy, easy - I just asked you a simple question -- seems to me that you would all agree that Indians speak English, regardless of whether you live in the South North East or West, so why such hostility to speaking Urdu or Hindi?

Nobody is forced to learn Hindi.I am from West Bengal.I had my schooling there.I never had Hindi as any of my papers in my school.But my school did provide Hindi as an option.We were free to choose our option.
I had English as my first language and Bengali as my second language.
So is the case everywhere else.You are free to choose your language.

We do live in an open society where people decide what language they want to speak....

Easy, easy - I just asked you a simple question -- seems to me that you would all agree that Indians speak English, regardless of whether you live in the South North East or West, so why such hostility to speaking Urdu or Hindi?

I think I see where you wanna take this discussion, do you wanna start another thread, we don't want all of your posts getting deleted for being "off topic".

Thanks

FYI, nobody speak Hindi or Urdu in India, atleast not in its pure form. So if you ever come to India, dont expect someone will say "Miya tashreef rakhiye" (Urdu) of "Kripaya aasan grahan karein" (Hindi). rather a straight - "Seat le lijiye" or "o ji Baitho ji" or a mix of different languages depending upon which part of India you are in.

Well Thanks - as per coltsfans warning I better stick to Bhooka Nanga Hindustan, Jan se Pyara Pakistan -- I wonder if the south Indian types understand this slogan being raised by the captive Kashmiri?

Well Thanks - as per coltsfans warning I better stick to Bhooka Nanga Hindustan, Jan se Pyara Pakistan -- I wonder if the south Indian types understand this slogan being raised by the captive Kashmiri?

Thanks. The translation of the slogan in English is already listed on thread topic.

:rofl: I wonder whether the "Real" Kashmiris understand it or it is just used by Pakistan trained Jihadi terrorists and their puppets living illegally in Kashmir.

If you had read my post carefully you would have seen that I mentioned that the Tamil separatism died out . Whether that would raise its head in future is a speculation and yours is as good as mine . My post was reality check to the mocking attitude adopted by Indian members who said that they had never heard of Tamil separatism.I pointed that rather than revealing anything else it reveals their lack of knowledge of their countries current history . It is strange that you think that you burst some kind of bubble ...It suggests your inability to comprehend simple English .

my friend i don't think the thread starter was talking about the history of india in the past or what might happen in 50 years down the road. my earlier & the subsequent response was to his false statement saying the Tamil movement, which is ever ready to bomb civilians to make their point. my whole argument was based on this point. either you are ignorant to the facts on the ground or you are conveniently ignoring the facts because it may not serve your purpose..

Back
Top Bottom