What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
:cool:Singh is a nice guy yaar, I hope he comes up with something that Kashmiris can’t nullify!

GreaterKashmir Protesters target Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus

One PAK resident injured
Altaf Baba
Lastupdate at : Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:05:01 IST
Smaller Default Larger

Srinagar: The fortnightly Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus today came under attack from angry protesters at Srinagar-Muzaffarabad Road near Pattan, damaging the vehicle and injuring one guest from Pakistan-Administered Kashmir (PAK).

According to reports, as the bus was moving with some passengers to the other side of Kashmir from Srinagar to Muzaffarbad, it came under stone pelting from protesters near Pattan-Palhalan. Several window panes of the bus were smashed. Police and paramilitary forces resorted to cane charging on the crowd and rescued the passengers, who were then shifted from the place in police vehicles to some other destination.

SSP Varmul, Mansoor Ahmed Untoo, while speaking to Greater Kashmir, confirmed that one person hailing from Pakistan-administered Kashmir (PAK) was injured during the incident. His identity could not be immediately known.

He said all the passengers have been shifted to safety.

Last edited:
Let people live in peace and let live for GOD's sake... india seems to be follwing israel's foot steps as they do with the palestine's. Let these people decide what they want and leave them in peace otherwise sooner or later you will pay for it and then cry...

See, those who do not Like India, are not compelled to Live in India, Indian Law Permits them to move out and Seek a place which gives them eternal happiness If Not In India.... But Burning Indian flag and Other stuffs In Indian soil, Well Its against the law and He can/should face serious Punishment

OK here is an editorial from a leading daily apper in Srinagar. PMs statement are being taken positively so now both stateand centre govt. should take these steps to their logical conclusions.

Walk the talk now Lastupdate:- Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com
At long last, after the loss of 51 lives, New Delhi has begun to take a more serious look at Kashmir. And for once the noises made sound refreshingly right and geared to at least touch the cord in Kashmir. We have come a long way from the apathetic description of the situation by the Home Secretary G K Pillai, who let alone evincing some regret over the deaths of teenagers even gratuitously contested the age of a nine year old victim. Now Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has set the record straight by an unequivocal expression of pain over the killings in Kashmir and Ladakh. What is more, Prime Minister has also bravely acknowledged the prevailing ground reality in Kashmir. He has granted there is genuine anger, sentiment and aspiration. He also came closest to acknowledging Kashmir as a dispute by underlining the 63 year old complex historical baggage that needs to be dealt with. Prime Minister, in no uncertain terms, stressed the need for a larger
political solution. He also talked about the dialogue with Pakistan, its challenges and achievements in the form of many Confidence Building Measures including cross-LoC trade and movement of people. However, while talking about a political solution, Prime Minister didn't go the desired distance. To a good measure, he left the talk of a future solution open-ended, stopping short of explaining its contours and giving a political roadmap. He did though mention autonomy for Kashmir within the bounds of constitution and called for evolving a broader political consensus on the issue. Prime Minister also announced setting up of an expert group under the chairmanship of noted economist Dr C Rangarajan to formulate a jobs plan for the state involving public and private sectors. The committee shall have Infosys chief N R Naryanmurthy, economist Tarun Das and Kashmiri industrialist Shakeel Qalander as its members, while one more member would be nominated by the state government. Although mention of this expert group evoked some sense of de javu, it didn't detract from the general political narrative of the speech. The speech no doubt has created a feel-good atmosphere. Prime Minister may not have broken a great new political ground, or announced any radical departure from New Delhi's stance but he has certainly made an effort to re-adjust the tone and tenor, recognize there is a serious problem and promise a political solution. The challenge, however, is a follow-up action. And this fundamentally would mean to move forward in the spirit of the speech. And of course, not to narrow down the focus once the situation returns to normal. This will once again break the faith which this speech might have gone a little way to repair. For while Prime Minister's belated speech is a good beginning, there is a long road that has to be traveled. The speech needs to be followed up with a serious dialogue, a sustained engagement that is not the traditional dialogue of the deaf. And for that to happen New Delhi needs to deal with the raw political reality in Kashmir and not take recourse to addressing the demands which are not made. This more than solving anything creates fresh problems. Issue is if New Delhi is not going to understand or acknowledge the sentiments or hard political reality in Kashmir, how are Kashmiris going to understand and appreciate New Delhi's concerns about a particular solution. Situation so far has been that while there are cries for Azadi in Valley, New Delhi interprets it as little more than an economic grievance. As a result, redressal has always been in economic terms. But this approach, as the present unrest amply underlines has gotten us nowhere. After years of engagement there is no connect at all. It will need much more beyond feel-good speeches and re-assuring words to find a way out of the dead-end New Delhi's old policies have created in Kashmir.

Lol a hit and run strategy is somewhat lame, why don’t you just stay there and face the music?

j/k

?BBC Urdu? - ?????? - ??????: ????? ?????? ?? ???????

100812064146_kashmir_force_un_helemet.28.jpg

Indian Army using UN equipments in Kashmir and this is the true face of indian army in kashmir....

they want to show that they are UN peace keeping force and actually they kill innocents with this double face....

:pakistan: Kashmir is Pakistan :sniper:

Some corrections here, there is a strong pro-independnace sentiment in the valley that does not agree with Geelani. Infact, even in the recent protests the radical elements in his own faction were quite angry with him. He was even kicked out out of Jamaat Islami for his hardline attitude.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Unheeded, hawk calls for peace
He recalled how a recent call by Pakistan-based Hizb-ul Mujahideen leader Syed Salahuddin for restraint had been greeted with rage by youths in Sopore and Baramulla in north Kashmir. In both places, effigies of Salahuddin were publicly burnt. by boys shouting slogans to the effect that the Kashmiri people did not have to “seek directions from Pakistan” on how to conduct their freedom struggle.

Even as Geelani spoke today, Kashmir saw sporadic violence, though on a lowered scale. Thousands defied curfew in Pampore and Khrew in south Kashmir, where nine persons have died during the present unrest. Police said a vehicle of the Indian Reserve Police’s 9th battalion was damaged in Pampore and another security vehicle was set afire in the Qamarwari neighbourhood of downtown Srinagar.

In Shopian, a police spokesperson said, a mob set ablaze two buildings of the Forest Protection Force in addition to a police Gypsy.

Shortly after his appeal Geelani was face to face with an irate crowd at the cremation of Iqbal Ahmed Khan in the Chhanpora locality of Srinagar. They were visibly upset over Geelani's stand and shouted slogans like "saudebaazi nahin chalegi" (you can't indulge in political trading). Geelani's personal followers threw a ring around him and prevented an uglier scene but the separatis spearhead was disallowed his wish to lead Iqbal's final prayers.

Just one line (from one of my earlier post) to sum it up all:

Whether u like it or not A second partition based on religion is not happening in the subcontinent.Period.

If anybody is tired of being ruled by "infidels" they can very well pack their bags and migrate to the land of the pure.

But re-drawing maps ---> NO

Karthic Sri,

Was India willing to have it partitioned on the basis of religion the first time it happened? Plus your argument is "We won't do" doesn't help in addressing the problems on ground. Kashmiris are out on rage, Moists are out with their guns drawn and your sensible argument is "Weather you like or not".. I wonder if you would do all the because Pakistan liked or not?

Kashmirs are not asking to divide India "again". It was never a part of India and this is the basis of case put in United Nation, by India itself. Hope you would get foundations of the issue right this time.

Some corrections here, there is a strong pro-independnace sentiment in the valley that does not agree with Geelani. Infact, even in the recent protests the radical elements in his own faction were quite angry with him. He was even kicked out out of Jamaat Islami for his hardline attitude.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Unheeded, hawk calls for peace

hmmm again jsut indian source????? watch your words this is not a way to say kicked out to any leader .........He still represents the majority in Kashmir.....:pakistan:

See, those who do not Like India, are not compelled to Live in India, Indian Law Permits them to move out and Seek a place which gives them eternal happiness If Not In India.... But Burning Indian flag and Other stuffs In Indian soil, Well Its against the law and He can/should face serious Punishment

So you are fundamentally agreeing that Kashmirs do not want to live in India. I am happy some Indian fellows are starting to realize and admit reality on ground.

And a correction, Kashmiris do not subscribe to the "law" you are referring to. That law is law of India and Kashmiris are not Indian.

We support Independence for Kashmir, only India is against it.

Maybe some Pakistanis do, but GoP offcial position is not for independnace. Infact, it was on GoP insistence that the independance option was removed from the plebescite option.

Hit and Run ..u forgot to post the last part of the transcript...i ll do the favour of posting it.

Gellani : And fine BTW can u please ask the ISI on my behalf wat happened to the last month salary of mine.? I still not see it credited to my bank account.

The other dude: Sure saab...will i not do this to a fellow Pakistani..?.Please hold the line for a few minutes.

(Goes on another line to ISI,talks and comes after 10 mins.)

The other dude: Saab they r saying that ur appraisal has been done and it has been found below expectations..They want u to "do more".But keeping in mind ur age and the amount that is to be given to the stone pelters they are right away crediting 75 % of the salary into State Bank of India.

I hope the ATM is open .

Gellani: Oh is it...Ok I will work with renewed energy and produce good results (young martyrs) this month.

The ATM is closed..but dont worry my boys can crack it open with their stones. :lol:

Any way nice speaking to u dude....kuda hafis.

The other dude: Take care saab.

Farooq hopes for normalcy in Kashmir-Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

BHOPAL: Union minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah today expressed hope that the situation in Kashmir will improve and normalcy would be restored soon in the bruised valley.

"Kashmir won't go anywhere. The situation was worse in 1989 than what it is now. But things changed and normalcy returned to the valley. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's recent peace steps will improve the situation there," the former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister told reporters here after inaugurating a solar energy system in Van Vihar Zoo.

Asked whether a sense of anger and alienation in Kashmir triggered off violence and unrest in the valley, Abdullah said there were many reasons for it.

"There are many factors. Some agencies want to destabilise the government in Kashmir and others want to secede from India," he said.

The Valley was rocked by violence following the death of a teenager on June 11 after allegedly being hit by a teargas shell at Gani stadium near Rajouri Kadal. After that street protests continued in the Valley which claimed 52 lives.

So you are fundamentally agreeing that Kashmirs do not want to live in India. I am happy some Indian fellows are starting to realize and admit reality on ground.

And a correction, Kashmiris do not subscribe to the "law" you are referring to. That law is law of India and Kashmiris are not Indian.

Let me know where have I mentioned the word kashmir or kashmiri?? It is common to every one in India..... and Who care what you say about kashmir, we Consider it as an Integral part of India....

I do not expect you to have the same vision aswell:D

Back
Top Bottom