What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Have to disagree.......the pandits are our brothers and have just as much right as muslim-buddhist-sikh kashmiris to live in there own land.

Cannot agree with you more

Get your facts right.......if we wanted to force people into islam dont you think we would have converted all the hindus in india during the reign of the muslims?
The kashmiris that converted where all living there and where hindus.......so the logic becauce they converted they cant be kashmiri is stupid.

Nowhere did he imply that converted can’t be Kashmiries

Better if you leave kashmir to the kashmris and go back to india where you came from........where not indian and will never be indian.

In India, every state is ruled by its own governments, which are democratically elected. Kashmir is no different. Like many countries, India is not defined by particular language, ethnicity or race.

The Kashmiri pundits migrated towards Jammu only because Pakistani based militants started tragetting them. Otherwise velly Kashmirs have no problems with the Pandits who share the same ancestry, culture, language and lifestyle. Infact even in the recent protests no Yatri to the Amarnath shrine was hurt and even the sepratists welcomed Hindu pilgrims in the valley to visit Amarnath shrine.

As a Kashmiri muslim friend of mine says, Kashmiryat is incomplete without the Pandits.

dabong1;1008284]Get your facts right.......if we wanted to force people into islam dont you think we would have converted all the hindus in india during the reign of the muslims?

Get your own facts right. Remember names like Maharana Pratap, chatrapati Shivaji, Bajirao Peshwa. These people protected indian hindus to a great extent. Muslim invaders tried their best to convert, to destroy hindu temples, but Hindus were not wearing bangles and stood their ground. However, some unfortunate people living in remote places could not be protected.

However, after donating a piece of land to muslims who wanted a seperate country in 1947, which they named something like "pakistan", nobody can disown any part of present india to hindus anywhere in india.

Better if you leave kashmir to the kashmris and go back to india where you came from........where not indian and will never be indian.

Kashmir belongs to india and every indian and by this logic I am a Kashmiri and I will see to it that every insect entering into india illegally will be immediately sent to where he belongs, hell.

Ha ha ha, did you notice how the pakistani posters quickly changed their post contents (SOCOM, AZADPAKISTAN.)

Good they realized their mistakes.:cheers:

Get your facts right.......if we wanted to force people into islam dont you think we would have converted all the hindus in india during the reign of the muslims?
The kashmiris that converted where all living there and where hindus.......so the logic becauce they converted they cant be kashmiri is stupid.
Sir with all respect must say, what you are providing is LOGIC not a FACT.
FACT is that mughal rule was famous for brutality and forcefull mass conversion of Hindus ( in millions ).
So GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.
Making 3000 posts on forum doesnt make a man a learned one.

FACT is that mughal rule was famous for brutality and forcefull mass conversion of Hindus ( in millions ).
So GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

Pakistan including parts of Kashmir were apart of the second Islamic Caliphate. Current Pakistani territory has always been since the inception of Islam a majority Musilm area. The Mughals who forced conversion of Hindus were mostly in present day Indian territory.

Pakistan including parts of Kashmir were apart of the second Islamic Caliphate. Current Pakistani territory has always been since the inception of Islam a majority Musilm area. The Mughals who forced conversion of Hindus were mostly in present day Indian territory.
So you accept that those MUSLIMS who migrated to pakistan after 1947 were once HINDU. :woot::pop:

Get your own facts right. Remember names like Maharana Pratap, chatrapati Shivaji, Bajirao Peshwa. These people protected indian hindus to a great extent. Muslim invaders tried their best to convert, to destroy hindu temples, but Hindus were not wearing bangles and stood their ground.

So thats why the muslims ruled india for a thousand years.

However, some unfortunate people living in remote places could not be protected.

The areas you could not "protect" was the whole of india.

However, after donating a piece of land to muslims who wanted a seperate country in 1947, which they named something like "pakistan", nobody can disown any part of present india to hindus anywhere in india.

You did not donate anything....we took it!

Kashmir belongs to india and every indian and by this logic I am a Kashmiri and I will see to it that every insect entering into india illegally will be immediately sent to where he belongs, hell.

The only insect entering kashmir is the indian occupation forces.

So you accept that those MUSLIMS who migrated to pakistan after 1947 were once HINDU. :woot::pop:

Off course we do.......like christians where jews and pagan romans before the became christians.

And the people that became muslims where not just hindus but buddhist also........what was left of the buddhist anyway after the mass killing by hindu kings.

So GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

Just show your total lack of knowledge about islam.......you cant be forced into islam.........simple logic says the muslims ruled for a long time in india and if they wanted they could have forced every hindu to accept islam but they did not.....thats why there still hindus in india.

I hope you know that hindus where involved and held high postions in the mughal empire.

Just show your total lack of knowledge about islam.......you cant be forced into islam.........simple logic says the muslims ruled for a long time in india and if they wanted they could have forced every hindu to accept islam but they did not.....thats why there still hindus in india.

I hope you know that hindus where involved and held high postions in the mughal empire.

Your posts themselves show the religious bigot u are, just because a people of certain religion ruled the part u still want them to be in rule , so that u can call them dhimmis , get them arrested under laws by which no proof is required by saying they abused ur religion and after converting them say that nobody can be converted forcefully.

The thing is people like u hate India because u think that Hindus who were under ur rule have broken free and u want to bring the long last kingdom back. But ur wet dreams will never be fullfilled . I am sick of this 1000 year rule boast every time to satisfy oneself's prejudice and racist ideology. Just try to do what ur so called glorified crusaders did now, u will join them even before u know.

Thank god Muslims of this country don't think like u, i can go on to say they are the best in the world. But people like u :sick:

This is the Hindu etymology for Kashmir.

The Nilamata Purana describes the Valley’s origin from the waters; का Ka (“water”) + शिमिरि Shimir (“to desiccate”), hence, Kaashmir denotes “a land desiccated from water”. An alternate nominal origin theory proposes that Kaashmir is a contraction of either Kashyap-mira or Kashyapmir or Kashyapmeru, denoting the “sea of Kashyapa” and the “mountain of Kashyapa”, eponyms of Kashyapa, the sage credited with having drained the primordial Satisar lake that occupied the Kaashmir valley before he reclaimed it from the water. Considering the Valley an embodiment of the goddess Uma, the Nilamata Purana gives it the place-name Kaashmira, from which derives the contemporary Kashmir place-name. Nonetheless, the Kaashmiris colloquially use the place-name Kashir, which is phonetically derived from Kaashmir, as noted in the Aurel Stein introduction to the Rajatarangini metrical chronicle.

By the way, I would like to know the meaning of word "Kashmir" and 'Himalaya" in islam.

I will request a Pakistani poster to give a brief history going as far back as possible of Pakistani city Peshawar.

PS: I do not want to hurt the sentiments of Indian muslims who are as dear to me as any of hindus. I am of the opinion that no community in india should be blamed for what happened hundreds and thousands of years ago. I consider today's indian muslims a part of nationhood called India and way of life called Hindu. If any of my posts have hurt the sentiments of any of Indian muslim, I apologise with folded hands.

Last edited:
So you accept that those MUSLIMS who migrated to pakistan after 1947 were once HINDU

The non-Muslim converted to Islam in South Asia since 7th century. They may have followed any myriad of religions and cults that existed in South Asia at that time. All Muslim that migrated to Pakistan were Muslims for many centuries. Hinduism is amalgamation of religions and cults that existed in South Asia before and after the invasion Vedic Aryans from Eurasia. There were also millions of homeless Kashmiri Muslims in Pakistan that escaped Indian invasion of Kashmir.

Kashmiri Pandits and Guru Teg Bahadur

The Delhi Emperor, Aurangzeb cherished the ambition of converting India into a land of Islam. This philosophy was also pleaded by Shaikh Ahmad Sirhindi (1569–1624), leader of the Naqashbandi School, to counter the liberal policies of Akbar's reign.

According to Sikh tradition, the Emperor's experiment was first carried out in Kashmir. The viceroy of Kashmir, Iftikar Khan (1671–1675) carried out the policy vigorously and set about converting non-Muslims by force[2][3].

A group of Kashmiri Pandits (Kashmiri Hindu Brahmins), Sikh tradition narrates, approached Guru Tegh Bahadur and asked for help. They, on the advice of the Guru, told the Mughal authorities that they would willingly embrace Islam if Guru Tegh Bahadur, did the same[2][3].

Orders of the arrest of the Guru were issued by Aurangzeb, who was in present day North West Frontier Province of Pakistan subduing Pushtun rebellion. The Guru was arrested at a place called Malikhpur near Anandpur after he had departed from Anandpur for Delhi. Before departing he nominated his son, Gobind Rai (Guru Gobind Singh) as the next Sikh Guru.

He was arrested, along with some of his followers, Bhai Dayala, Bhai Mati Das and Bhai Sati Das by Nur Muhammad Khan of the Rupnagar police post at the village Malikhpur Rangharan, in Ghanaula Parganah, and sent to Sirhind the following day. The Faujdar (Governor) of Sirhind, Dilawar Khan, ordered him to be detained in Bassi Pathana and reported the news to Delhi. His arrest was made in July 1675 and he was kept in custody for over three months. He was then cast in an iron cage and taken to Delhi in November 1675.

The Guru was put in chains and ordered to be tortured until he would accept Islam. When he could not be persuaded to abandon his faith to save himself from persecution, he was asked to perform some miracles to prove his divinity. On his refusal, Guru Tegh Bahadur was beheaded in public at Chandni Chowk on 11 November 1675. Guru Ji is also known as "Hind Di Chadar" i.e. "the shield of India", suggesting that to save Hinduism, Guru Ji gave his life.

Back
Top Bottom