What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Who went off topic???...

people are asking for source of claim, we are just posting it.

Thread is about Kashmir... Do what you were doing yesterday. Defend and discuss your occupation of IOK.

Protest shutdown brings Kashmir valley to standstill

A protest shutdown has paralysed normal life for a fourth successive day in Indian-administered Kashmir.

The strike has been called in protest at the recent killing of unarmed civilians by police and paramilitary troops.

Five towns - Sopore, Anantnag, Mattan, Kulgam and Koimoh - and some areas of Srinagar have been placed under curfew.

At least 11 civilians died in clashes with security forces in Indian-administered Kashmir in June.

Many of the deaths have been blamed on the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).

On Wednesday Chief Minister Omar Abdullah defended the security forces, saying they could not be expected constantly to show restraint when they were so often pelted with stones.

'Quit Kashmir'

Shops, schools and colleges in the Muslim-majority Kashmir valley are shut on the fourth day of the curfew, the BBC's Altaf Hussain in Srinagar reports.

Work in government offices has also been affected.

In Srinagar's old city all roads leading to the Pathar Masjid (Stone Mosque) have been sealed after separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani called upon women to march there.

Mr Geelani launched a "Quit Kashmir campaign" last Friday. Contingents of women police personnel have been deployed to prevent the march.

The killings of civilian protesters, most of them teenagers, have angered many in the valley.

One newspaper headline described 2010 as the "year of teenage killings" in Kashmir.

Even the pro-India People's Democratic Party (PDP) has accused the government of declaring war on its own people, our correspondent reports.

Hundreds of thousands of troops are based in Kashmir to fight a two-decade insurgency against Indian rule.

Protest shutdown brings Kashmir valley to standstill
:)

Ok Indians don't go cheap. Even you have to. We can also post disgusting and disturbing news from your country also. But it will be off topic.

So stick with the topic and talk about IOK and your illegitimate occupation.

Thanks.

There is nothing called IOK but i am read about P O K and your illegal occupation
:sniper:

Alright then come liberate Pakistani Kashmiris lol.

First confirm liberate to whom Pakistani or Indian(kashmiri) ???

All Kashmiris seeking to join with Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir by violent means should be accommodated by the Indian government. They should be deported to Pakistan. Those Kashmiris seeking to engage in peaceful talks on any issue should be encouraged to do so. In the meantime, perhaps more tax incentives should be given to corporates to invest in the region together with an assurance by the government that if Kashmir is ever given independence or any parts of Kashmir is ceded to Pakistan then the corporates will be financially indemnified by the government. The level of industry in the area is way too low and only aggravates the people further. The issue is simply that Kashmiri graduates and job seekers have very limited opportunities in their hometowns. Kashmiri mainstream way of life is still agriculture and farming. Poverty and financial restraints will result in resentment which will be directed towards the establishment. On the one hand the Indian government insists that Kashmir is a part of India and is no different from any other state of India. On the other hand it has laws which restricts the rest of India from acquiring property in Kashmir and does sweet nothing in promoting Kashmir as a commercial investment area despite maintaining such a huge military presence in the region. This sends out a conflicting signal to its people that government regards Kashmir as a temporary state of India which will inevitably either become an independent state or be ceded to Pakistan? No wonder the Kashmiris rise up from time to time demanding that they be given some form of finality in their future.

I will tell you clearly. I do not want to hide behind diplomacy.
The maximum amount of fight around the world happens over land, girl and wealth.
So land is important, no matter who considers what we are not giving Kashmir, plain and simple. If it is right or wrong I do not care. India was also invaded so many times in past which was not right either.

So as per your logic Iraq was attacked for land or girls or wealth, no man U.S. clearly said they wanted Sadam out.

How naive that you live in the world that existed 1000 years ago. what you believe is no more precticed becuase the fact is that many have WMD,s and U.N. will not allow this to go on.

Cupish. Dude.

i believe they initially wanted weapons of mass destruction, and to avenge Iraq's so-called links with 9/11

both of which were proven incorrect and non-existent

Me too.. i'm kashmiri from IOK, Srinagar.
As far as being " Kashmiri" is concerned, i believe Kashmiri is only those who live within Kashmir valley(which is called kashmir division administratively in IOK). Kashmir valley is entirely on the indian side of the border, and unfortunately whatever 'kashmir ' is in pakistan is not kashmir at all. You can see kashmir valley as a plain stretch of land in google earth, surrounded by mountains on all sides. Srinagar city is in the center of this valley, and it peripherals consist the outlying districts, baramullah, anantnag(islamabad), ganderbal, Kupwarah, pulwamah, Budgam. THe rest of the districts are somehow also kashmir, but ethnic kashmiris dont live there. Jammu and Kashmir as a country does not exist according to me, since we have nothing in common with the rest of the districts. So my political opinions regarding the kashmir issue, is acession to pakistan of Kashmir valley only, while india should be let to keep the rest of the erstwhile state. It serves pakistans interests well, since pakistan's main concern is water, which is almost entirely alleviated by Kashmir valley being part of pakistan. India also does not want a hostile polulation, which is mainly based in kashmir valley, there should be a simple peaceful barter of territory.

I dont agree with your statement since i am also from kashmir and living in the Azad Kashmir. There are lots of areas in Azad Kashmir where people are kashmiri speaking such as Neelam Valley, Muzaffarabaad and Bagh. In all these distiricts there are a lot of kashmiri speaking people living and saying that kashmiri speaking people are only living in the indian occupied kashmir will b wrong. As far as barter trade of territory is concerned i totally disagree with your stance, as these areas which are already with Pakistan are a stretegic line of defence for Pakistan, because of high altittute moutain ranges which protect Pakistan from any mililitary aggression from Indian side. Kashmir is a big piecee of land and many languages are spoken here includding Kashmiri, Pahari, Hindko, Gojri etc so it has a diverse culture, however most of the population consist of Muslims.

Mirpuris and Punchhis are what they are i.e Mirpuri and Punchhi NOT KASHMIRI .
The language , food , dress all are different , DIFFERENT .
So dont claim what is not your heritage . Leave it for the Kashmris of the valley and Doda Kishtwar .
The Kashmiri speaking migrants who have migrated to Pak during partition and later since the insurgency ( only a trickle ) can claim to be Kashmiri not the Mirpuris and Punchhis . Same can be said of the Kashmiri descendants of families who moved to Punjab during British Raj although they dont retain the language anymore and speak Punjabi .
The people in Gilgit-Baltistan have different languages though they are more ethnically and linguistically closer to Kashmiris than Mirpuris and Punchhis !
Only Neelum Valley exactly oppposite Kupwara can be said to have people of Kashmiri extraction :argh:

Yes KASHMIRIS have 'nothing' in common with different 'Indian' ethnicities just like there is nothing common between a Punjabi or Sindhi or Pashtun or Baloch with The Kashmiri !
Language , Cuisine , Dress , Customs NOTHING . Though a late Sindhi ex-foreign minister had claimed at UN that Kashmir is more a PART OF PAK than it can ever be a part of INDIA .

Besides , Kashmiris have harboured seperatist tendencies since the partition is well known to you and us . Irrespective of what you claim , the moment Kashmiris step out of the valley in search of better oppurtunities , education , work they get to see and mix with 'Indians' . Plenty of them in Pune , Mumbai , Hyderabad and Delhi being treated as equal as ANY INDIAN WILL TREAT A FELLOW INDIAN .
The 'Indian' muslims have never had a soft corner for the Kashmiri seperatist tendencies neither they have any special sense of affinity towards the Kashmiri community so go and sell your peanuts elsewhere or come to Pune during september once the universities there begin with their Fall Semester and count the Kashmiri students living in absolute freedom with a dream of better future in India .

Getting better education in the India is a right of Kashmiris of your side, but that doesnt mean there are good career opportunites for them. Since India is dominated by the Hindus and there are fewer opportunities for muslims and specially for kashmiris. And no true kashmiri will be happy living with india due to a simple reason that their brothers and sisters are being killed by your forces. They will never like to stay with india any more rather in their processions they always carry Pakistan's flag despite of strict reaction by coward forces of India. You are killing innocent youth of Kashmir, but the day is coming when people of kashmir will get their right of self determination and that day they will decide to live with their home land which is Pakistan.

Getting better education in the India is a right of Kashmiris of your side, but that doesnt mean there are good career opportunites for them. Since India is dominated by the Hindus and there are fewer opportunities for muslims and specially for kashmiris. And no true kashmiri will be happy living with india due to a simple reason that their brothers and sisters are being killed by your forces. They will never like to stay with india any more rather in their processions they always carry Pakistan's flag despite of strict reaction by coward forces of India. You are killing innocent youth of Kashmir, but the day is coming when people of kashmir will get their right of self determination and that day they will decide to live with their home land which is Pakistan.

The day which you are waiting for, will never come.

Getting better education in the India is a right of Kashmiris of your side, but that doesnt mean there are good career opportunites for them.

yes, they have the right and they are getting it...atleast more than your side...and about carrer opportunity..sorry..you know nothing...they have more brighter future than in your side..cause we have work for them..job opportunities..and we know where you stand..

a very small example....
a kashmiri in Indian administration...

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_srinagar-doc-becomes-first-kashmiri-to-top-ias_1380054

Since India is dominated by the Hindus and there are fewer opportunities for muslims and specially for kashmiris.

are you crazy ?? do you even know at what positions muslims are in India ?? lol..they have been at postion,which any muslim in the world would envy..sorry no examples here...serach it..or see some bollywood movies or the list of Indian ministers or even presidents..

And no true kashmiri will be happy living with india due to a simple reason that their brothers and sisters are being killed by your forces. They will never like to stay with india any more rather in their processions they always carry Pakistan's flag despite of strict reaction by coward forces of India. You are killing innocent youth of Kashmir, but the day is coming when people of kashmir will get their right of self determination and that day they will decide to live with their home land which is Pakistan.

fortunately..you are wrong my friend....they are staying with us and they are safe with us...the procession that you aretalking about,should be 1000 times bigger to say that every kashmiri wants India to go...BTW..just look at your last sentence..that says it all..see ya. :wave:

Me too.. i'm kashmiri from IOK, Srinagar.
As far as being " Kashmiri" is concerned, i believe Kashmiri is only those who live within Kashmir valley(which is called kashmir division administratively in IOK). Kashmir valley is entirely on the indian side of the border, and unfortunately whatever 'kashmir ' is in pakistan is not kashmir at all. You can see kashmir valley as a plain stretch of land in google earth, surrounded by mountains on all sides. Srinagar city is in the center of this valley, and it peripherals consist the outlying districts, baramullah, anantnag(islamabad), ganderbal, Kupwarah, pulwamah, Budgam. THe rest of the districts are somehow also kashmir, but ethnic kashmiris dont live there. Jammu and Kashmir as a country does not exist according to me, since we have nothing in common with the rest of the districts. So my political opinions regarding the kashmir issue, is acession to pakistan of Kashmir valley only, while india should be let to keep the rest of the erstwhile state. It serves pakistans interests well, since pakistan's main concern is water, which is almost entirely alleviated by Kashmir valley being part of pakistan. India also does not want a hostile polulation, which is mainly based in kashmir valley, there should be a simple peaceful barter of territory.

First Of all let me state Im also from kashmir my ancestors also settled there over a centuary ago, and liek you talha if you are a syed you ureself coudl not have been a permenent resdient of kashmir generation to genration.

Who the hell are you to say what is kashmiri and what is not and which region is and which is not, azad kashmir is kashmir only difference is it was liberated through struggle, or it would have also tasted the horrible yoke and animal behaviour of piss pot drinking indians, raping innocent women dress as freedom fighters to harm the true cause of the freedom fighters and try and mass immigrate hindus to the area just as jews did in palestine, because the vast majority population of kashmir is muslim.

In azad kashmere many people speak kashmiri we have large rathore and bhutt communities that migrated from ocupied kashmere and many where always in that region ample more immigrated from ocupied kashmere , due to persecuation who now love in total peace. I have relatives that side and gave up alot of land to move to azad kashmere just so that they could live in peace. You see here they dont need to pass a army check post every few hundred yards they live in complete peace, nor the fear of drunken hindus bursting into your house and looking like vultures at you and the honour of your family. WE have so much in common with pakistanies, Infact I am pakistani kashmere is like a district for me, Pakistan and kashmere should be togethere, we share bloodlines culture, faith, history , all sorts of ties with kashmere more then india which is only a place for hindus and minorities are just bucthered. Hence the name HINDUSTAN.

In azad kashmere you will hardly notice or think you are sperate to pakistan , but in indian ocupied kashmere its all like living in a war zone, poor people arnt even allowed free elections. And why should kashmris seperate from pakistan, we are all one ummah, one nation one faith and have cultural simmilarities , wherease in india they just loot and kill innocent people in kashmere region and make there bogus propaganda bollywood movies, and such a partition is of no use whatsoever.

I love Pakistan, pak sar zameen it is the achievment of the blood of shuhadah, the karamat of awliya, the duas of mothers , the scarifices of sons lying under tanks. The hope of millions and the divine blessing bestowed upon us by God, LOve this Pakistan, Watan ki mitti gawah rehnah

Back
Top Bottom