What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I dont agree with your statement since i am also from kashmir and living in the Azad Kashmir. There are lots of areas in Azad Kashmir where people are kashmiri speaking such as Neelam Valley, Muzaffarabaad and Bagh. In all these distiricts there are a lot of kashmiri speaking people living and saying that kashmiri speaking people are only living in the indian occupied kashmir will b wrong. As far as barter trade of territory is concerned i totally disagree with your stance, as these areas which are already with Pakistan are a stretegic line of defence for Pakistan, because of high altittute moutain ranges which protect Pakistan from any mililitary aggression from Indian side. Kashmir is a big piecee of land and many languages are spoken here includding Kashmiri, Pahari, Hindko, Gojri etc so it has a diverse culture, however most of the population consist of Muslims.

Which part of Azad are you from? I'm from Mirpur by the way:)

Also found this video & some pics the other day. I'll post pics later:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on ! It makes my blood boil to see these guys who are doing our dirty work run up against stone throwing mobs without the basic of protective gear. Yesterday there was a video of a mob beating a policeman brutally. The guy didn't have a single piece of protective gear on except for his helmet. We regularly see images of the SPG showing off their toys, guess it helps if you are providing show & pomp for the PM & other assorted VIP's but these poor guys get sent to handle riots with just a stick. How much can it take to issue these guys with protective equipment & non lethal weapons? Can't we as a country of 1.2 billion afford some basic protection to a few thousand riot police? Chances are that a unprotected policeman may feel danger to his person enough to use deadly force where one who was better protected may have waited out the protesters.

It's funny how much you guys moan over one policeman, when hundreds, if not thousands of Kashmiris have got the **** beaten out of them, yes I saw the video aswell, so do not say I don't know what I'm talking about. I like it how you turn a blind eye to the suffering of Kashmiris but not one of your own.

PROTIP: Do not deny that Indian Forces have not commited brutality in Kashmir.

I simply do not understand the sense of sending in these thullas covered in what looks like a padded rajai, a WWII helmet with a steel grill visor, and a lathio in hand man. Against guys chucking rocks at them.

There has to be a middle ground between lathis and throwing rocks back (today's newspaper had a photo of some thulls gathered around a wheelbarrow collecting brick pieces to chuck back!) and the use of live ammunition as a last ditch measure.

The security forces need much better body armour. Nothing fancy, but why not basic sports quality hard guards at least? Like elbow and forearm, knee and shin, hip and thigh, back, as well as motocross style upper body armor with shoulder and chest protector integrated as well? It would not cost more than 5000 bucks at most. Can't we spend that much on each policeman?

Secondly, the world over riot police have guns that fire non-lethal rubber bullets. Why not fire those at the stone pelters? Yes you could lose an eye or a testicle, but I find it hard to imagine rallies with green flags in Sopore or Anantnag over a young man minus one testicle. And it would give other young men something to think about before they accept their daily wages for stoning on hire.

Thirdly, as way back as the early 90s the Indian Army MP has had these electrical prods and tasers. Crude but very effective. And once hit, you develop this sudden overpowering lifelong urge not to experience it again! After all, there's something spectaculary un-heroic and un-inspiring about a "pro-freedom insurgent" going into grotesque tonic-clonic paroxysms on the ground as his bladder and anal sphincters lose all tone and violently expel their contents involuntarily.

:tup:

Cheers, Doc

The Indian Army already has this stuff and the whole world know's how they use it against innocent Kashmiris. It's also nice how your supporting the abuse of human rights.

This report is BS all over. It's funny how you guys kill a kid then blame the protests on some seperatist organizations. Ever thought how stone throwing could be worth lakh's?

Reactions: asq
This report is BS all over. It's funny how you guys kill a kid then blame the protests on some seperatist organizations. Ever thought how stone throwing could be worth lakh's?

Why can't It be worth lacs. After all ISI can provide money for its evil desire.

Its time loc is accepted as actual border.The only other option on the table is an offensive approach harming both nations

As i said before will say it again India is no Democray and it is using world siding with it due to totally wrong assumptions about Pakistan.

Assumptions usualy do not last long and long and time is near when the truth shall come out glaring at you.

And what might those assumptions be, oh wise one? Please enlighten us to the true facts. Ground realities do prove otherwise.

About U.N and its resolution will be implemented against all those who refuse it, be u or Israel, time is on the side of oppressed and occupied.

Now i have read the resolution and it say all forces to be withdrawn and just for your info Liaqat ali Khan the first Prime minster of Pakistn did with draw foeces from srinangar airport to the point where LOC is waiting for India to respond in kind for implementation of the resolution further.

You just contradicted yourself. You have neither read nor are able to comprehend the language of UN resolution no: 47. Period.

About Liaqat Ali Khan withdrawing forces, dude, your forces were KICKED OUT of Srinagar!! They couldnt even make it to the airport. And you talk of a withdrawl? Seriously? Lol.

This statement of yours reminds me of outrageous claims by "Baghdad Bob"
Quotes by Baghdad Bob: of which yours sounds similar to this one!!
"They're not even [within] 100 miles [of Baghdad]. They are not in any place. They hold no place in Iraq. This is an illusion ... they are trying to sell to the others an illusion."

Rest of your post can definitely be qualified as:

2074232148_bfb6b022ea.jpg

Rant.gif

And what might those assumptions be, oh wise one? Please enlighten us to the true facts. Ground realities do prove otherwise.

You just contradicted yourself. You have neither read nor are able to comprehend the language of UN resolution no: 47. Period.

About Liaqat Ali Khan withdrawing forces, dude, your forces were KICKED OUT of Srinagar!! They couldnt even make it to the airport. And you talk of a withdrawl? Seriously? Lol.

This statement of yours reminds me of outrageous claims by "Baghdad Bob"
Quotes by Baghdad Bob: of which yours sounds similar to this one!!

Rest of your post can definitely be qualified as:

2074232148_bfb6b022ea.jpg

Rant.gif

I guess u like to believe in hero like Dr. Spock

Dude it is only in tv series he exists, he is not a real charactor, man o man u as a sikh realy need to learn about the truthfullness and of opressions, are/were to defend the opressed and the downtroden.

Now u talk about Srinagar, man o man u are so with Indian/hindu version of events that u wont even bother to think.

I am surprised that out of all the people u continue to tow the line fed to u by Hindus, who never say anything straight forward and alwys twist matters to suit them, this forum is the proof of it.

just like beghdad Bob u believe what ever is fed to you by India as he did what ever was fed to him by Sadam.

So it is no use talking to you u r towing Indian line through and through.

Last edited:
Why can't It be worth lacs. After all ISI can provide money for its evil desire.

Here we go gain, blame game begins, only on Pakdef. i would be banned to say thing of that kind on Rak-shak.

I guess u like to believe in hero like Dr. Spock

Dude it is only in tv series he exists, he is not a real charactor, man o man u as a sikh realy need to learn about the truthfullness and of opressions, are/were to defend the opressed and the downtroden.

Now u talk about Srinagar, man o man u are so with Indian/hindu version of events that u wont even bother to think.

I am surprised that out of all the people u continue to tow the line fed to u by Hindus, who never say anything straight forward and alwys twist matters to suit them, this forum is the proof of it.

just like beghdad Bob u believe what ever is fed to you by India.ashe did what ever was fed to nim by Sadam.

So it is no use talking to you u r towing Indian line through and through.

Same thing can be said about you.

Dude, if u have nothing to add to this discssion, only using my words to refute me, than u should not be on this frum.

I added you did not understood. By the way as long as I am following forum rules I should be fine.

You should look at the finiancial situation of Pakistan, the budget's then make such claims. Frankly, I do not think the ISI would have that kind of money to pay such wages to stone throwers nor would they pay such a big amount considering Kashmir's wages (the point in my previous post you missed out completely).

All I'm hearing is :blah:ISI:blah:India's problems:blah:ISI:blah:

All Kashmiris seeking to join with Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir by violent means should be accommodated by the Indian government. They should be deported to Pakistan.

So you want to expel the Kashmiris from their very own land ?

Back
Top Bottom