What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Not only Kashmiris but Nepalis also observed Indian Independnt day as protest day.

Nepalis have also demanded of the Indians to free their land which was occupied by India.

What about Bangladeshi,Srilankan,Burmese,Butanse ppl??
Any informations on these chaps??
Do they want their land back from india or not??

Sorry forgot to add our big brother china...Any news of protests in Beijing or Shaghai over the status of AP.

Last edited:
The UN resolution DOES NOT include independence. It was removed on Pakistan's insistence at that time.

What is ironic is that there is a 70% chance that the policemen arresting these dozens of paid people waving Pakistani flags is a muslim as well.

I'm sure many honorable pakistani members will not believe me but the number of pro-pakistani kashmiri is miniscule. I would agree that pro-Independence is a sizeable group as well as but no where in the majority if you look at J&K as a whole. This is a fact.

But even if you want a plebescite by ADDING that independace option, how can you conduct it if militants keep killing innocent civilians? All pro-independace groups loathe militants because they have killed innocent people and raped women.

Just as an example, I quote a fierce pro-independace leader Sardar Qayyum Khan

Sardar has said that militants were ‘maligning’ Islam in the name of ‘jihad’; and that ‘the weapons of mass destruction might fall into their hands and completely derail the ongoing peace process’. Very bravely and forcefully he said the following, according to the UNI report of 23 September 2005: "There is no jihad in Jammu and Kashmir. Terrorists are tools in the hands of vested interests. Jihad is waged to protect destitutes and the downtrodden and not to kill women and children. The purpose of jihad in Jammu and Kashmir has been defeated," Mr Khan told media persons at a reception hosted by the Kashmiri community here last night.

He said violence will not resolve the complex Kashmir issue and the terrorists were a threat to peace in South Asia. "Guns have no place in Jammu and Kashmir. And the blood of innocent people must not be spilled," he added. The *** leader said the worst impact of the violence in the State was the mass exodus of Kashmiri Pandits which severely damaged the secular fabric of the Kashmiri society. "The gun spared nobody. It has killed people from all communities," Mr Khan, who was here to attend an Intra Kashmir conference, said.
http://antisystemic.org/satribune/www.satribune.com/archives/200509/P1_shab.htm

Even with the heightened threat of terrorists saying that they would kill people celebrating Independence day, a large crowd (much bigger than the dozens who came out with Pakistani flags) turned out.

There are plenty of I-day reports in Indian channels for Kashmir, (btw ladakh and jammu also have sizeable muslim populations as well). But Here is a Chinese source, just in case Indian source would be considered propaganda
Indian Independence Day function held in India-controlled Kashmir amid tight security_English_Xinhua

Kirti salute for Valley Muslim

MUZAFFAR RAINA

Srinagar, Aug. 14: Soldier Shabir Ahmad Malik has given Kashmir a rare honour in his death — he has become the first Muslim from the state to receive the country’s second-highest peacetime gallantry award for fighting militants.

Shabir has been posthumously conferred the Kirti Chakra, the peacetime equivalent of Maha Vir Chakra and second only to Ashok Chakra, for his role in a five-day encounter in Kupwara this March which left 17 militants and eight soldiers dead.

The award is expected to help the army, not a preferred option for many Kashmiris, draw more local youths to its ranks, though there has been growing interest of late.

“This is a big honour for Kashmir and the army. He is the first Kashmiri Muslim to receive such a big army award,” defence spokesperson Lt Colonel J.S. Brar said.

An officer in the Srinagar-based 15 Corps said the only Kashmiri to have got a similar honour, third-highest gallantry award Shaurya Chakra, was Hameed Charra. He had also died fighting militants in 2007.

Almost the entire village had thronged 23-year-old Shabir’s home to pay their respects after his death — a mass outpouring of emotions that had so far been reserved for “martyr” militants.

Today, the scenes played out again. “I tried to keep it (the news of Shabir’s honour) a secret but the moment people learnt about it, they started converging at my home,” Shabir’s brother Ghulam Mohammad Malik said.

Malik had kept the news, given to him yesterday, close to his heart on the army’s instructions. “I did not break the news even to my mother because she is very emotional. She broke down when she learnt about it,” he said.

Spokesperson Brar said Shabir died while trying to save a wounded colleague. “One of his buddies got injured and he was shifting him to safety when he was shot at. He continued fighting bravely, killed two militants and took the injured soldier to safety.”

Other honours

Ten CISF men who died fighting the Maoist raid on the Nalco plant in Orissa’s Damanjodi in April this year have been awarded the President’s Police Medal for Gallantry.

An ITBP constable who lost an eye battling the Taliban while guarding an Afghanistan highway being built by India will receive the Shaurya Chakra, the highest peacetime gallantry award after Ashok Chakra and Kirti Chakra. Two of his colleagues killed in the operation will be conferred the honour posthumously.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Kirti salute for Valley Muslim

There are plenty of I-day reports in Indian channels for Kashmir, (btw ladakh and jammu also have sizeable muslim populations as well). But Here is a Chinese source, just in case Indian source would be considered propaganda
Indian Independence Day function held in India-controlled Kashmir amid tight security_English_Xinhua

:rofl: and the reports are about the functions arranged by Indian installed government and Indian army not by common Kashmiri people.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

What about Bangladeshi,Srilankan,Burmese,Butanse ppl??
Any informations on these chaps??
Do they want their land back from india or not??

Sorry forgot to add our big brother china...Any news of protests in Beijing or Shaghai over the status of AP.

The Nepali protest is a fact and realy. Go and check the media.

I feel the only way for India to control Kashmir is the way Chinese control Xinjiang..
Summarily execute all the separatists. The Hurriyat people are too pampered. They are openly doing anti-India activities within Indian territory without fear of any repercurssions. Just machines gun down these Pakistani flag waving people. No country can tolerate such activities. There will be cries from human rights groups for some time.. and then everything will go to normal.
If a bullet is fired from a village/town.. just carpet bomb that village/town. Re-settle patriotic Indians in Kashmir, like the Han Chinese do in Xinjiang. Instead, the Kashmiri pundits are driven out of their ancestral homelands. The situation has to be reversed. India has to become more aggressive. Learn from the Chinese how they control Xinjiang and Tibet.
India should not be too worried about Pakistan. Just treat it with indifference. Pakistan will be doing anti-India activities, no matter what is the situation in Kashmir. I think India can handle whatever worst Pakistan can throw at India. Pakistan has tried everything to grab Kashmir, and failed. Today India is stronger militarily, politically and economically than it was ever was in last 60 years.

Hello my fake-chinese friend,

India already executes and rapes the Kashmirs (who are LOCAL inhabitants). Whereas in Xinjiang the Uyghirs are foreigners who made their home in the land ALONG with many other ethnic groups. These minorities get preferential treatment, whereas the Kashmirs receive shaft-treatment from the GOI.

I'm sorry but you are lying through your teeth again. Someone asked to show "proof" Hindus lie constantly -- here it is: "If a bullet is fired from a village/town.. just carpet bomb that village/town. Re-settle patriotic Indians in Kashmir, like the Han Chinese do in Xinjiang."

Bharat is battling a uphill battle. Again the source of your problem is your out-of-control over-population, which is getting worse by the day. It threatens ALL neighbors of India because GOI's "solution" is to annex land (rather than addressing the cause of the problem). :hitwall: Please, this is not the solution. All countries in the world, especially large sparse ones can offer help by accepting a few million+ refugees each. :police:

My suggestion to all nations, including China & India is to educate people on use of (1) birth-control pills & (2) condoms. Furthermore, make these two available at highly-subsidized prices so even the poorest of poor can afford them. :china::usflag::pakistan::welcome: Over-population is a problem of Europe which they exported. This is not a Indo-centric problem, or a African-centric problem, we all are affected. Even nations like Japan which has reverse issue of declining population is affected. Now Japan's 127 million VS ~6.5 billion. If in future Japan is 60 million VS 10 billion world, then Japan is a target for invasion and their global influence diminishes accordingly. :eek:

The Nepali protest is a fact and realy. Go and check the media.

We have free borders with Nepal and Nepali men work in our army.

Its doesnt matter much if some self motivated groups protests.

Tell me if there was any protest from the govt of Nepal on any land dispute ??...Sorry, i dont think so.

of course, there are many Muslims in the Indian army, who thinks they are first Indian, before Muslims.

Last edited:
:rofl: and the reports are about the functions arranged by Indian installed government and Indian army not by common Kashmiri people.

It was Kashmiri elected government, and the people in the parade is J&K police which is 70% muslim. The function was held in Kashmir, which is 90% muslim, The crowds that you can see in the stadium are attending the government organized function ofcourse, but it is organised by a government that they elected.

We have free borders with Nepal and Nepali men work in our army.

Its doesnt matter much if some self motivated groups protests.

Tell me if there was any protest from the govt of Nepal on any land dispute ??...Sorry, i dont think so.

Govt of Nepal has been having problems time and again due to Indian interference. Idians have been involved in even that Royal revolt in Nepali kingdom earlier.

So do not tell me if Nepali govt had protested or not but the fact is that India is holding Nepali territory as well and the Nepali people did protest today on the Indian Independence day.

It doesnt matter if their govt said anything or not. We are talking about public sentiments.

How is it for India to decide whether the people who own that land should live there or not. India's occupation is illegitimate, and then killing innocent people of the Kashmir state is murderous.

It was Kashmiri elected government, and the people in the parade is J&K police which is 70% muslim. The function was held in Kashmir, which is 90% muslim, The crowds that you can see in the stadium are attending the government organized function ofcourse, but it is organised by a government that they elected.

The parade was not participated by Kashmiris. If you hold a parade at Gun point in Muslim Majority disputed area and call it a success then it is just laughable.

The Police in Indian Held Kashmir is a bunch of paid employees who can not do much but to obey their employer. The few thousands paid Police do not represent Kashmiris.

The govt in Indian Occupied Kashmir has always been an installed Govt not an elected one.

If it was will of the Kashmiris they would not have observed it as a black day and they would not have burnt Indian fllag nor they would have hoisted Pakistani flag.

And stop parroting Muslim majority or Muslim minority Kashmir because Kashmir struggle has never been on religious lines.

They are Kashmiris and they are an independent state which has been occupied by Indian murderous Army.

Govt of Nepal has been having problems time and again due to Indian interference. Idians have been involved in even that Royal revolt in Nepali kingdom earlier.

So do not tell me if Nepali govt had protested or not but the fact is that India is holding Nepali territory as well and the Nepali people did protest today on the Indian Independence day.

It doesnt matter if their govt said anything or not. We are talking about public sentiments.

No it does matter a lot whether its Nepali govt or not.
Its the cliche of public sentiment that is vague and unimportant in international relations...so i guess enough about Nepali protests.

You cannot find more freedom anywhere than you find in India, even in USA.
Freedom in India is not regulated but understood and accepted by people themselves.
There are Christian preachers who take huge parades to spread their faith, tell me where it happens.
India in where millions were killed out of religious tensions and you often hears, bombing. Still Muslims and Hindus live together.
Nowhere in the world can you find such harmony. It is only India.

:usflag::coffee::cheers:

How is it for India to decide whether the people who own that land should live there or not. India's occupation is illegitimate, and then killing innocent people of the Kashmir state is murderous.

if they dont want to live there they can sell the land and can go to pakistan.....but the land belongs to india:p:lol:

No it does matter a lot whether its Nepali govt or not.
Its the cliche of public sentiment that is vague and unimportant in international relations...so i guess enough about Nepali protests.

yeh same cliche within India ;)

Tribals, Maoists hoist black flags in Lalgarh on Indian Independence Day

PTI 15 August 2009, 09:22pm IST

MIDNAPORE: Tribals led by Maoists held protests with black flags at various places in Lalgarh in West Midnapore district on Independence Day on Saturday inspite of presence of central forces and the police.

Villagers of Lalgarh, Salbani, Goaltore, Belpahari, Binpur stayed away from Independence Day celebrations and took out processions led by Maoists in various areas with black flags.

Over 5,000 tribals including women, armed with traditional weapons also gathered at Madhupur, a Peoples Committee Against Police Atrocities stronghold, near Salbani and hoisted a black flag, the police said.

Superintendent of Police, West Midnapore, Manoj Verma said the police were inquiring about the hoisiting of black flags.
The West Bengal government has already admitted that the anti-Maoist operations by the central and police forces, launched with much fanfare on June 19 were a failure.
Another phase of the operations, however, would begin shortly, it has been announced.

Tribals, Maoists hoist black flags in Lalgarh - India - NEWS - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom