What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
this is unacceptable for kashmiris they will never stop protests . at this time LOC is same as border or much more then border so whats new for them in this?

i am being practical on this issue, do u think that india will agree on plebisite. i suggested LOC as permanent border bcoz it will be ok with both india & pakistan. & if u say what will be the wish of kashmiris then out of three (ind,pak,kashmiris)one has to make compromise on that & u know india & pak will never compromise on this issue.

sorry sir if i made some error..... i have no acquaintance to u....

do PM me ur introduction...will be highly obliged to introduce myself !:cheers:

its ok i will so happy if you call me imran bro bhai or even imran but i dont like this word:)

first we finish this issue then i will PM you and make you my friend:D

For starters I have heard this word, so many times but does not understand it.
What is KASHMIRIAT?
What are it's Characteristics?

i am being practical on this issue, do u think that india will agree on plebisite. i suggested LOC as permanent border bcoz it will be ok with both india & pakistan. & if u say what will be the wish of kashmiris then out of three (ind,pak,kashmiris)one has to make compromise on that & u know india & pak will never compromise on this issue.

sir before we decide this we have to give more power to kashmiris have to finish matter with armed groups they will never let it happen easy . what if pakistan india agree on LOC as border but armed struggle and blame game will never over 7lakh troops stay in kashmir and daily exchange of firing at LOC . we are not going to finish this matter on papers only we have to done it once forever.

sir before we decide this we have to give more power to kashmiris have to finish matter with armed groups they will never let it happen easy . what if pakistan india agree on LOC as border but armed struggle and blame game will never over 7lakh troops stay in kashmir and daily exchange of firing at LOC . we are not going to finish this matter on papers only we have to done it once forever.

if & whenever kashmir issue will be solved one party out of three have to suffer. why don't u suggest a sol. which will be acceptable to all three parties.

if & whenever kashmir issue will be solved one party out of three have to suffer. why don't u suggest a sol. which will be acceptable to all three parties.

i dont wanna see one party suffer sir. any my solution is up in my first post sir

Kashmiriyat is the ethno-national and social consciousness and cultural values of the Kashmiri people.

Kashmiriyat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks, I could have done google search myself. What I meant was how does it impact daily life in Kashmir.

The only thing I understood was they like to be secular, in other words. But if that is what is about Kashmir, then what they are doing now is not even close to what they stand for.

i dont wanna see one party suffer sir. any my solution is up in my first post sir

sir,as far as sol. in ur post is concerned, then i want to say that no country in this world wants to loose even 1 inch of it's territory & if plesibite is done then india will loose big chunk of kashmir. that will not be acceptle for indians, bcoz loosing kashmir will mean defeat from pakistan.

sir,as far as sol. in ur post is concerned, then i want to say that no country in this world wants to loose even 1 inch of it's territory & if plesibite is done then india will loose big chunk of kashmir. that will not be acceptle for indians, bcoz loosing kashmir will mean defeat from pakistan.

we are not thinking abut lose sir its victory of peace in s.asia.we have not much choices . both nations has to think we cant move in 1st world unless we solve our problems.making an agreement its easy but on ground there is alot of factors . we have to address them also if we keep them as they are the agreement will be fail within 1 year.

HK is prison, its people prisoners: APHC - GEO.tv

12-10-2010_75594_l.gif

ISLAMABAD: All Parties Hurriyat Conference (APHC) said that held Kashmir (HK) had turned into a huge prison where everyone is under arrest.

Addressing a news conference here, leaders of APHC said that the government of India has enacted a series of black laws in Kashmir. These laws facilitate human rights violations. Shoot to kill at discretion has been granted to the Indian forces with complete protection against prosecution.

Mentioning statistics, the leaders said that from January 1989 till 07 December 2010: 93,535 Kashmiri men women and children have been killed, 6,981 Custodial killings, 118,792 Civilians arrested and 107,396 Orphaned.

For starters I have heard this word, so many times but does not understand it.
What is KASHMIRIAT?
What are it's Characteristics?

not giving a long explanation.....i wud do it in 1 sentence.....

kashmiriat is actually secularism in true sense......indian secularism is still not utopian in true sense......we have our loop holes.....

Kashmiriat is syncretism defined ! now u shud know what exactly syncretism is !

thats 1 of the reasons kashmiri ppl decided to be with india after 1947....but dont misunderstand it with mearging with india.....thats what we indians think......

Actually, kashmiris were left with either ALLYING with india or pakistan to save itself from ant further invasion. independence without any strong army wasnt to be a reality.....

so kashmiris decided to ally with india as idea of india was same as idea of kashmiriat......ie. syncretism and secularism.

RSS or at that time HINDU SABHA, were just a distant minority as frankly they are till now and also as far as i have understood my country.....they will never be the majority....no doubt we are 80% hindus, but we are from culture and values SYNCRETIC !

Last edited:
thanks, I could have done google search myself. What I meant was how does it impact daily life in Kashmir.

The only thing I understood was they like to be secular, in other words. But if that is what is about Kashmir, then what they are doing now is not even close to what they stand for.

thats so true.....u have hit the nail......

its very true that todays kashmiri youth is getting into the ugly clutches of fundamentalism.......not completely though but things are worse than ever before.....

and thats exactly the reason plebiscite shud never happen...... COZ THAT WILL DESTROY THE KASHMIRIAT once and for all......

plebiscite is the BEST solution but unfortunately not a feasible one ..... and we indians and pakistanis have to bear the blame for doing this to kashmir.....

now if u talk bout a feasible solution then as i said earlier...... let the borders belong to india and pakistan respectively.......thats strategic and no india and pakistan wud leave it.

but for kashmiris it shud be borderless......

I strongly suggest for indian army to at max be at the borders....

they have no business inside kashmiri land.....

BUT thats only feasible if pakistan stop its proxy war in name of complete kashmir...be at the border.ie LOC....no issues with it...fulfill ur strategic needs...no problem.....but for heavens sake both ind and pak, just loosen the rope guyz......its only choking the innocent kashmiris !

Last edited:

he he ! dude, u have figured out this whole saga just and just as an egotistic war ?

u need to know a lot then.....

indian annexure of kashmir has been in the most strategic interests of it.

india rite from 1947 has tried to make its borders strategically superior. now thats natural for any country..strategically strong borders always give u an upper hand against any misadventure of the future.

plz understand, we indians have been only invaded for past 1000+ years and all invasions have been from north west india. its natural of any independent country to save its so hard earned independence in the future and thats what indians did......

They focused on strong navy to safe guard its such a long coastline....

its strengthened its borders in north.......

Just have a look....all of indian borders are strategically superior to its neighbour.....

in case of china, india tried to do it by gaining control of the unoccupied heights in todays aksai chin.

infact aksai chin has always been such territory which no human was interested........completely cold and snowing....nothing to eat, etc etc.

even in british map of 1947, things werent clear where does he border towards china extend to...there were no satellite images at that time.....hence we see disputes......but not to mention arunachal pradesh ppl have completely accepted it as part of india. there is no dispute on that side.....chinese are completely unjustified in their claim in arunachal side....

but for aksai chin, u can always raise ur claim...... its still very much uninhabitated. so those who think aksai chin is or was part of kashmir then i cant support this claim coz there were hardly any so called kashmiris living in that region ever..... some reason why 1962 happened.......shudnt blame chinese for it.....we were for a reason responsible and thats coz of our SUPERIOR BORDER ACQUISITION theory.

so the bottomline is..... GIVE LOC to india and pakistan.....GIVE KASHMIR TO KASHMIRIS !

Last edited:
frankly once for all...i wud like JANA to come into this discussion..nothing better than a journalist to discuss things......lets see her version !

Back
Top Bottom