What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
FACT: During the 19th century rule, Kashmir was a popular tourist destination due to its climate. The railway to Rawalpindi, and a road thence to Srinagar made access to the valley easier. When the temperature in Srinagar rose at the beginning of June, the residents migrated to Gulmarg, which was a fashionable hill station during British rule. This great influx of visitors resulted in a corresponding diminution of game for the sportsmen. Special game preservation rules were introduced, and nullahs were let out for stated periods with a restriction on the number of head to be shot. Rawalakot was another popular destination.While tourism in the area fell off with the start of separatist violence in the late 1980s, the BBC reported in 2005 that tourists had begun returning due to a decrease in attacks.

One of the most famous tourist spots in India is the Amarnath cave, which is considered to be one of the holiest shrines in Hinduism. While the cave is regularly visited by pilgrims making offerings, it has been a target for attacks by Islamic militants.

(Taken from Wiki)

this shows the whole ideology of syncretism ! religion for kashmiris is a personal affair. they dont make it political.....its the culture inhibited in them that dominates their lyfstyle.....thats kashmiriat for u.....:cheers:

@thread starter, u pleaded for no trolling but the kasmir word is itself a troll invitation.

@thread starter, u pleaded for no trolling but the kasmir word is itself a troll invitation.

thats what i tried to do differently...... now its totally dependent on ur smartness, if u dont troll even on this subject.....

and mods are always there.....i have specified the desired rules for this thread to the mods.....anyone deviating from the agenda shud be deleted......thats mad's job !

i think as it should be decide by people of kashmir

first bring international body in both side of kashmir . after 6 months of establish this body announce a referendum which should be 100% free . and let them select one of three options.

pakistan
india
freedom

and vote should be cast by every kashmiri .pool should be 3 days and every day 8 hours .

and then count it by same international body.

if they decide to be free of both which is expected by me let them free. if they select india let pakistan has to give azad kashmir to india and if they decide pakistan india should give control to pak .finish this matter forever. no more war or problims and then we can reduce our forces numbers slowly . use defense money for development of us . we are poor enough really enough.

i think as it should be decide by people of kashmir

first bring international body in both side of kashmir . after 6 months of establish this body announce a referendum which should be 100% free . and let them select one of three options.

pakistan
india
freedom

and vote should be cast by every kashmiri .pool should be 3 days and every day 8 hours .

and then count it by same international body.

if they decide to be free of both which is expected by me let them free. if they select india let pakistan has to give azad kashmir to india and if they decide pakistan india should give control to pak .finish this matter forever. no more war or problims and then we can reduce our forces numbers slowly . use defense money for development of us . we are poor enough really enough.

dude...that cud have been possible 60 yrs back.....

but i personally feel that todays kashmir has begotten into the agenda of india and pakistan.......

i mean, what happened in 1948 - 1965 (till arrest of sheikh abdullah).....and in 1989.....from militancy to kashmiri pandit cleansing.....

kashmir is no more the kashmir of its people !

their style of thinking, ideology has taken a paradigm shift.....

i hate to say it but kashmiriat has taken a revised version.....

now kashmir is divided into pro muslim and pro hindu sects.....completely diviated from idea of syncretism ! unfortunately....

Thats what Farukh Abdulla always says to indian polity and pkistani one too ! infact the idea of syncretism was very much alive during 1947...... thanks to aur chacha nehruji !

now if u went for a plebesite now..it wud be even disasterous......

a 1948 repeat in kashmir ! :(

infact india and pakistan for personal gains have pushed kashmir to such a high extent that no plebiscite is practically possible.....

Last edited:
dude...that cud have been possible 60 yrs back.....

but i personally feel that todays kashmir has begotten into the agenda of india and pakistan.......

i mean, what happened in 1948 - 1965 (till arrest of sheikh abdullah).....and in 1989.....from militancy to kashmiri pandit cleansing.....

kashmir is no more the kashmir of its people !

their style of thinking, ideology has taken a paradigm shift.....

i hate to say it but kashmiriat has taken a revised version.....

now kashmir is divided into pro muslim and pro hindu sects.....completely diviated from idea of syncretism ! unfortunately....

Thats what Farukh Abdulla always says to indian polity and pkistani one too ! infact the idea of syncretism was very much alive during 1947...... thanks to aur chacha nehruji !

first i am not dude :no:

scened whats the way of democracy and civil way to select some options ??????? we are living in 2010 if you think pakistan and india agree with each other and we can keep Kashmirs aside you are wrong. there is no peaceful way else pool . if you have any other way please shear i will change my thought if thats work.

now here i want to put my 1st question !

owing to the current situation.....its not possible for kashmir to get independence....

i am not talking bout ideological stuff but practical stuff.....its out of question.....

so the question arises is, what in hell shud be done to bring those kashmiris out of mess !

i personllay feel is accept status quo.....

one reason kashmir want independence is coz its fed up of being sandwich between india and pakistan......

lets loosen that sandwich....lets soften our stand......lets keep what we have and be happy......indians arent against kashmiris if they are cooperative.....secularism is our way of life and its seen in politics too......

same as giljit-baltistan shud be under ur control......

and lest not have borders between ur and our kashmir......as proposed by musharraf ! best solution.....

first i am not dude :no:

scened whats the way of democracy and civil way to select some options ??????? we are living in 2010 if you think pakistan and india agree with each other and we can keep Kashmirs aside you are wrong. there is no peaceful way else pool . if you have any other way please shear i will change my thought if thats work.

the only possible sol. i guess is to accept LOC as international border bcoz india will never agree on plebesite.

no dude......no international border.....thats not in favour of interests of kashmiris ! its like building a wall in middle of ur drawing room just coz neighbours on either side are harrassing !

the only possible sol. i guess is to accept LOC as international border bcoz india will never agree on plebesite.

this is unacceptable for kashmiris they will never stop protests . at this time LOC is same as border or much more then border so whats new for them in this?

no dude......no international border.....thats not in favour of interests of kashmiris ! its like building a wall in middle of ur drawing room just coz neighbours on either side are harrassing !

punjabis & bengalis have suffered that in 1947 but now all is settled down, this will to settle down.

infact we have no other option than leaving the kashmir rhetoric.....

we both tend to fuget that in our egoistic jingoism.....we are harming a third person.

but 1 point of mine....

we shudnt be caring bout optimim solution....but shud target the MOST FEASIBLE solution.....

lets stop our rhetoric of age old ideology......

fuget kashmir

punjabis & bengalis have suffered that in 1947 but now all is settled down, this will to settle down.

that was another way sir. kashmir is become at that point were we cant go back one step . its our real problem we make this issue as do and die. stupid criminal leaders use this issue for vote bank and make public emotional on kashmir.

Back
Top Bottom