What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The question is who are majority in India? Hindus are not homogeneous group but an amalgam of thousands of conflicting sects, people with believe in one, many or no god(s). How do you know that your version of Hindus constitute the majority of Indian population. If we go by the result of recent elections, then you're horribly wrong at your claim.

Hindus are not a homogeneous group from inside but compared to what is happening in the world (Pan-Arabism,Pan Turkism,Euro,Mesocur etc).People are grouping together to handle problems,The culture of hinduism goes a long way and there were differences of opinion to Central authority at all times.

my boy, its not a bicycle. its a question of the wishes of tens of thousands of people who's right of freedom was robbed off them.

desipte Indian efforts the truth is out and the sacrificies of the Kashmiri people , their constant marches their rejection of Indian occupation is evident that they just dont want to be under Indian rule.

this is exactly what the people of subcontinent did back in 1857 against the mightiest empire the world had ever seen. it may appear that all the efforts and sacrifices were wasted away and the British Empire brutally crushed the rebalian but the seed was sowed which resulted in the formation of two indipendent states.

Indians might be smug about their military and economic power they may be smug about the world's selfish bullies to be on their side but the fact remains that the Indian state is working against the history..
the forced opperession has always failed in the past and will fail this time too.

It did work,that is how Muslims came to India.

Charge Nehru with sedition, Arundhati tells Delhi

By Jawed Naqvi

Sunday, 28 Nov, 2010

NEW DELHI, Nov 27: A Delhi court ordered police on Saturday to file charges against a Kashmiri resistance leader and his Indian supporters who have been accused by the national media of sedition.

However, writer activist Arundhati Roy, one of the alleged participants in a recent ‘anti-national’ seminar, said police should first file sedition charges against Jawaharlal Nehru because the country’s first prime minister believed the Kashmir dispute could only be settled by the people of Kashmir.

Delhi’s Metropolitan Magistrate Navita Kumari Bagga directed the police to lodge an FIR against hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Ms Roy and five others on the charge of sedition for their alleged anti-India speeches.

Ms Bagga, under pressure from rightwing Hindu petitioners, slammed the police for their prolonged inaction and ‘weird’ reply that no offence was made out against Mr Geelani and Ms Roy, whose speeches had triggered a nationwide controversy.

Ms Roy said it was a frivolous case which had sought to shift the focus away from the raging financial scandals that have rocked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s government. Leading media personalities, some of them questioning her patriotism, were caught in the net of a damaging probe.

In a press statement, Ms Roy listed a number of occasions when India’s first prime minister had described the Kashmir dispute in a manner which would offend most Indians today. She urged the police to file an FIR against Mr Nehru posthumously.

According to Ms Roy, in his statement in the Indian Constituent Assembly on 25th November, 1947, Mr Nehru said:

“In order to establish our bona fide, we have suggested that when the people are given the chance to decide their future, this should be done under the supervision of an impartial tribunal such as the United Nations Organisation. The issue in Kashmir is whether violence and naked force should decide the future or the will of the people”.

In his statement in the Indian Parliament on 7th August, 1952, according to Ms Roy, Mr Nehru said:

“Kashmir is very close to our minds and hearts and if by some decree or adverse fortune, ceases to be a part of India, it will be a wrench and a pain and torment for us. If, however, the people of Kashmir do not wish to remain with us, let them go by all means. We will not keep them against their will, however painful it may be to us. I want to stress that it is only the people of Kashmir who can decide the future of Kashmir…

However sad we may feel about leaving we are not going to stay against the wishes of the people. We are not going to impose ourselves on them on the point of the bayonet”.

Ms Roy said the Indian government was clearly violating Mr Nehru’s pledge by seeking to bludgeon the people of Kashmir into submission.

DAWN.COM | Front Page | Charge Nehru with sedition, Arundhati tells Delhi

Yeah yeah **** Nehru,**** Gandhi,**** whoever.

The country is above everyone else,in the past present or future.

The insolent ***** is throwing tantrums now,**** i wish people just ignored her completely.

Common Abir we all know what Subramanian is saying, so let me be blunt :

All of this 'minority' (note that I'm a Jain, but I don't get special privileges :confused:) politics started with the Congress and the goddamn Shah Bano case. Implement the Uniform Civil Code, remove Hajj subsidies and I'll stop whining about Congress/Pseudo Secularism

Not sure what Congress and their stupid policies have to do with secularism? Why do you think I'd support the things you mentioned and how those things make various fundamentalism as shown by hard-liners of BJP valid?

Like Joe said, had we followed the law of the land, we'd have neither had to face Shahbanu case nor Babri demolition.

Which results are you talking about?

Election results in last decade or so, that shows that the right wing fraction of BJP don't have majority following them. BJP had to project the moderate facade of Vajpayee to come to power. Advani had to travel to Pakistan and praise Jinnah to restore his tarnished image after Babri. Need I say more?

Abir said:
Not sure what Congress and their stupid policies have to do with secularism? Why do you think I'd support the things you mentioned and how those things make various fundamentalism as shown by hard-liners of BJP?

Like Joe said, have we followed the law of the land, we'd have neither had to face Shahbanu case nor Babri demolition.

I was pointing to Subramanian's point:
Subramanian said:
Every country in the world works by the feeling of the majority except India.

What he really wanted to say:

Subramanian said:
Only India works by the feeling of the 'minority'

Hindus are not a homogeneous group from inside but compared to what is happening in the world (Pan-Arabism,Pan Turkism,Euro,Mesocur etc).People are grouping together to handle problems,The culture of hinduism goes a long way and there were differences of opinion to Central authority at all times.

It all depends on your and mine perception of problem, isn't it? As a country can't run by perception of various people, so we need legal framework to run the country. In the end, once again, follow and uphold the laws of the land.

Election results in last decade or so, that shows that the right wing fraction of BJP don't have majority following them. BJP had to project the moderate facade of Vajpayee to come to power. Advani had to travel to Pakistan and praise Jinnah to restore his tarnished image after Babri. Need I say more?

This analysis is totally wrong,most of the results have been because of coalitions,anti incumbency reflecting in central results,weakening of third front,large scale mal practices even in EVMs and the biggest statistic of all is the bad voter turn out of less than 70%.

You are talking as if the BJP and Congress are two people who went head on in an arm wrestling match up.

And i feel the BJP lost because they were not hardliner enough and that weaned away their upper middle class and urban voters.

It all depends on your and my perception of problem, isn't it? As a country can't run by perception of various people, so we need legal framework to run the country. In the end, once again, follow and uphold the laws of the land.

i completely agree with you,make relevant laws and follow them to the hilt instead of mocking the whole show.

but whats the connection of this with what i wrote?

Advani and his cronies right now are the biggest mismanagers ever.

BJP is screwed up now after the loss of Pramod Mahajan,Yashwant Sinha,Arun Shourie,Jaswant Singh.

This is hardly what a Sangh guy wants to see.

I was pointing to Subramanian's point:

What he really wanted to say:

There is some truth in appeasing the minority. But to be fair, minorities themselves are affected more by the vote bank politics which upholds the mad mullahs rather than educated ilk, than majority. It's another matter that not many in minority speaking out against it.

i completely agree with you,make relevant laws and follow them to the hilt instead of mocking the whole show.

but whats the connection of this with what i wrote?

I didn't read the whole thread, but reading last few posts, it seemed Joe was making a point about following the laws of the land.

And i feel the BJP lost because they were not hardliner enough and that weaned away their upper middle class and urban voters.

That would be a brilliant analysis if they had actually voted for some one more hardline. Voting for the Congress cannot be a substitute according to your analysis, can it?

The BJP lost because it no longer connects with those who would have been its natural constituency. 2010 is not 1991 & the claim of Muslims being appeased no longer rings true. The effects of liberalisation has shown up that bit. (the Muslims lack of education really hit them hard). The new mantra is economic, no longer religious. The BJP is left singing a tune that fewer & fewer people are interested in.

Advani and his cronies right now are the biggest mismanagers ever.

BJP is screwed up now after the loss of Pramod Mahajan,Yashwant Sinha,Arun Shourie,Jaswant Singh.

This is hardly what a Sangh guy wants to see.

Interesting that none of the four were sangh favorites & except for Mahajan, had no connection to the RSS at all.

Have you heard of the rapists' defence? "It wouldn't have been rape if she'd just cooperated!" So a matter in the courts becomes something that people take action on arbitrarily, with the aid and abetment of the local provincial government? And you come into a Pakistani forum and tell them that they are no-goodniks who can't do anything about people promoting illegal camps and training terrorists, and collaborating with sympathetic elements in the administration?

Wrong analogy ! Having *** with your wife is not rape. Ayodhya was always a sacred land of Hindus and it would have been great if the Muslim organisations could have donated that land.

Also another important factor leading to the demolition was the widespread sentiment at that time about the minority-pandering that was going un-abashedly going on at that time starting with the Shah Bano case and it was seen as an assertion of Hindu indentity. You may give 1000 things to the contrary but it was exactly that.

That's right. 85% of the population was attacked by the rest. Oh, I forgot to exclude the Christians and the Sikhs, from the rest.

When 1 Hindu is being attacked by 10 Muslims or 10 Christians it is the Hindu who is 10% of the rest.That 85% matters nilch at that place.

And Mr. being 85% is not our mistake. I have seen this ridiculous logic elsewhere as well.You guys are 80% so you can compromise,you can do this,you can do that.....

Why should we compromise just because we are large in number ?? World over it is the minorities who adapt themselves to live with the majority and I dont know why in India alone the majority has to try to live with the minority.

You are beginning to sound like the guys who kill Christian women and children in their homes for blasphemy.

Totally irrelevant and BTW I dont need your esteemed opinion.

And this is the same government, the same Congress, you were referring to in your other posts? All of a sudden, they are truthful, reliable and full of integrity. I must introduce you to Captain Jack Sparrow.

What is relevance here ?? Then by your logic if the unabashedly pro-minority Congress itself says only 790 lives then it surely must be well below that.

Yes, they do exist - so what is it that the Parivar likes to do? X does something in place Y; right, let's get the bastard. Let's burn alive A, in place B. And don't forget the kids, they'll grow up to be missionaries too.

Here 'A' was not burnt --- 'X' itself was burnt.

And if it gives you any solace,Dara Singh is in Jail.

The Maoists have already gone on record having killed Lakshmananda for his anti-people record of preaching hate and dividing people on communal lines. In case you haven't noticed, the Maoists, given their predilection for violence, are not particularly communal. In fact, the contrary; they execute any religious preachers in their territories. Funny how they thought Lakshmananda was a bigot and preacher of hate worth killing, but not Staines.

And Maoists are not anti-communal. They are anti-Hindu.

And if they are the supposedly atheist followers of Mao why should they demand a Mosque for Muslims in Ayodhya.

And the bolded part was exactly what I wanted to say --- the Christian Evangelists are hand in glove with the Maoists and these Maoist scums act like mercenaris for the bloody money these evangelists get from abroad.

Face it -- The Fanatic evangelists found the Swami as a thorn in their flesh and as an obstacle in their 'Harvest'. Khatam Karo. Bas.

And it is totally and utterly hypocritical of you to cry for Staines when chuckling at the death of Swamy and labelling him as bigot.

As far as the riots themselves go, the trouble is that you and other Sangh fanatics and bigots never bother to go into the background, the sociology and the anthropology of the situation.

I don't want to expose the whole dreadful situation on a foreign web-site. But if you look up the history of the culture of the Konds, who are now called Kandha by Sanskritising elements, and their history of human sacrifice, and the arms' length relationship they had with caste Hindu society, intermediated by the Pans, today called the Panas, a lot of things will fall into place.

You will find that the majority of the anti-Christian rioters were human-sacrificing, cattle-killing Konds, 'converted' through a programme of 'aggressive missionary' activity by the VHP, and set against their previous intermediating tribe, the Panas, among whom there were many converted Christians. It was converted-Hindu Kond against converted-Christian Pana; apparently, the converted-Christian Konds were affected to a much lesser extent.If you want, I'll go further. But then don't tell me later that I'd embarrassed you.

The VHP and the Swamy did not teach the Konds to sacrifice cattle and humans (btw this seems to be your usual exaggeration). Infact Hinduism forbids cattle slaughter and VHP is avowedly against cow-slaughter.Get your facts right.

And for the record this was never a Hindu-Christian fight.Rather it was centuries old rivalry between the SC Panas and the ST Konds.

The killing of the Swamy (held in high regard by the Konds for his exceptional social work among them) was a trigger that set the forest ablaze. And our usual bleeding heart liberals along with an assorted fanatics like John Dayal (was initially surprised at the hate that was flowing out of his mouth ,that too on national television) made it look like Hindus were out there drinking Christian blood for supper.

So now we are equating this traitor to his oath with the LeT and the JeM? Well done!

Innocent until proven guilty Mr. That is the bedrock of the Law which you so passionately argue in favour of.

Of course, when the Pakistanis say similar things, we hate it. Then it's a question of deliberate foot-dragging by them, deliberate filing of weak plaints, in order to encourage the judge to throw the case out, it's a question of tacit encouragement by the establishment.

Pakistan saying and the US Treasury Dept officially saying are two different things.

Has it ever occurred to you that there might be a logical reason why Muslim organisations announce what they have done and take responsibility for it, and Hindu organisations in this case didn't?

Maybe because they did not do in the first place --- Has it ever occured to you ?

Muslim organisations in India are on the losing side, both with regard to their stature in the eyes of people in general, in the eyes of the media, and even in the eyes of their own people. This is why they proclaim who they are; their message, that you get as good as you give, so leave us alone.

Good .

Hindu undercover organisations attack their own installations, temples and public property in order to raise sympathy for their cause - the Muslims are out to kill us all. For this to succeed, obviously the operations, the actions must be secret at all times.

Until they openly claim that they have done so or the Court of Law ultimately find them guilty in face of irrefutable evidence this is as worthy as Zaid Hamid's gem - 'Ajmal Kasab is Amar Singh from Punjab'.

I've been visiting those areas from 1981, when I used to work selling steel. I've seen this growing in front of my eyes, first the aggressive Jan Sanghis and their inclination to riot first and think second, then the pack which followed, the front organisations, the VHP and the Bajrang Dal, each darker than the other, then groups to work women, minorities, tribals, professionals - one step at a time, with methodical, sustained work.

Given your open pre-judice against the Sangh I have to take YOUR opinions with a ton of salt. Give me some credible thid party account and then we will discuss.

I am putting the blame on Hindu right-wing organisations, based on the evidence of my own eyes, and my friends' accounts (not Congressmen, not Leftists, before you ask). I was there; were you?

Again let credible sources speak,Not you. If you expect me to take your opinions at face value,I expect the same from you and ultimately its just a farce.
And no offence,but your eyes are too colored against the Sangh.

Because he was systematically protected from any police action against him, using the BJP's take over of the police force, the civil administration body that they address first. That single act in itself should tell you a lot about the Parivar.

No it doesnt tell --- Tel me do you know for sure that he had not taken an anticipatory bail ??

And he is not exactly the first person to be so. There are hundreds of politicians in India who have far serious criminal cases against them and are not yet arrested.

Back
Top Bottom