What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
mods should delete this thread...if there is no authenticity behind it.
no point going haywire discussing useless ****...

Mods...

If you delete this thread then i humbly and respectfully request that you also delete the threat in Pakistan's War posted by USER: Bombay.

He has no sense of human decency posting pictures of what happened to Pakistani Army Soldiers 4 years ago. How would our Indian friends like it if we started doing the same.

For a forum with a Pakistani base we sure do tolerate a lot of disrespect against the motherland.

Do u guys really think indians will ever accept reality? comeon people.... they wont accept anything!

DEATH TO INDIAN OCCUPATION.

just like death to terrorists ?

then we all agree ! ;)

I hope everybody here realizes that Jang Group has published hoax reports from fake Wikileaks first published by Ahmed Quraishi/Rupee News. These are fake cables. Media fooled by our "agencies". Surely, everything they wanted to say about India just found a "fake" source.

Leaking Away (Updated)
Reading through the top story in today's The News and Jang, my eyes grew progressively wider and wider. Not so much from the latest Wikileaks revelations about India as from sheer incredulity.

Picture+3.png

The News Karachi's front page today​

Titled "Enough evidence of Indian involvement in Waziristan, Balochistan" (aside: how much is 'enough'?) in The News, the main story deals with a slew of information allegedly from US diplomatic cables sent from Delhi as well as other missions around the world about India. They confirm everything Pakistanis (or at least certain types of Pakistanis) always said about India: it's direct involvement of India in the anti-state activities in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) and Balochistan, the weakness of the Indian dossier on Ajmal Kassab, the manipulated nature of Indian evidence about the ISI's involvement in the Mumbai attacks, the sissyness of India's generals who do things out of personal ego and petulance rather than well-thought-out strategy, the internal rifts in the Indian army, the similarity of the situation in Kashmir with that in Bosnia in the 1990s, the involvement of Indian intelligence in promoting Hindu extremists to conduct false flag attacks against India itself to implicate the ISI and Indian Muslims etc etc etc.

[CENTER
Picture+4.png

Jang's front page today[/CENTER]

But I think where my incredulity reached a tipping point was when the cables claimed well regarded Indian policeman Hemant Karkare - who had been following leads about the involvement of Indian right-wing Hindutva organizations in the Samjhota Express bombing and about whose death there has already been plenty of controversy within India - was "eliminated in a pre-planned ambush during the Mumbai attacks", the implication being 'by the covert operatives of the Indian army.' According to the report in The News:

"The cable suggested that Hemant Karkare held a secret meeting with a senior US diplomat in New Delhi during the national day reception of a friendly country and briefed him about the gravity and the growing depth of the nexus between top Indian Army leadership and the militant Hindu fanatic groups. Karkare sought security for him and his family from the said American diplomat as he feared that the army and establishment would eliminate him as he intended to move further to expose the network. He had further briefed the said US diplomat that a former commander-in-chief of the Central Command of the Indian army, Lt Gen PN Hoon, was heading the militancy wing of the Hindu extremists and was getting full tactical, logistic and financial support from senior army officers. The day, Karkare was eliminated in a pre-planned ambush during the Mumbai attacks, a cable sent to the US read “we have lost an important link and a vital evidence”."

This was HUGE. This was BEYOND huge! Surely the world would be going mad with this new revelation!

Imagine my bewilderment then, when I turned to other papers and discovered that there seemed to be no mention of this story anywhere in any other Pakistani paper... not Dawn, not Express Tribune, not the Daily Times et al (Okay, so The Nation and Nawai Waqt did have it, but who believes anything they run?). Did the Jang Group and Majid Nizami's vanity projects just scoop everyone else? So I went online to check the Indian papers. No mention. Cowards. But what was really strange was that I couldn't seem to find these incredibly incriminating cables anywhere on the Guardian Wikileaks website or even mentioned anywhere in a Google News search.

In fact, the only other place which seemed to have the story were those redoubts of journalistic integrity, Rupee News and the Daily Mail Post type sites. Ah. And this absurd plant is your top story, Jang Group? Really?

Small wonder The News and Jang give the source of the report as "Agencies."

Question: How stupid do the "Agencies" really think Pakistanis are?

: : : UPDATE : : :

So, the Express Tribune did in fact run a similar story. On page 8. Datelined Washington and sourced from the wire agency Online. I had mistakenly thought they had had better sense but it seems they didn't have much faith in the revelations to put them on the front page or somewhere else more prominent. Which of course begs the question, then why run them at all?

Incidentally, here is a link to the cheerleader Ahmed Quraishi's page, making the most of his imagination. And here is the Daily Mail Post basking in his reflected glory. Thanks to @Rezhasan and Shahid Saeed for the links.

Cafe Pyala: Leaking Away (Updated)

just one question sir. why not delete this tread when its obviously based om false/not confirmed news? dont you think treads like this effects the quality of this forum?

You didn't get it at all, did you? You don't have to choose between either evil. Just opt for the rule of law. You don't have to create a new party either. Just make it clear which way your vote will go. And watch Bihar happen.

Rule of law.Good,now the party in power is what determines which version of the rule of law is exercised.Rule of law is pretty much absent in India,whether it is relevant or not.

Thats why one has to make a choice,even if it is not perfect.

Bihar is just one case where the ruling party abused power so much for so long that people are bound to appreciate even a little improvement in governance.

Even on those grounds the secularists and communists are big legends of screwing up economy and security with their illogical and impractical self imposed constraints.

Just go check. Everyone in Hubli and Dharwar knows. Pramod Mutalik was an RSS man for years.

Aged 13, he joined the RSS in 1975. In 2004, he become the convenor for South India for the Bajrang Dal. During this time, he helped the BJP in the assembly polls, especially in north Karnataka which soon became the party’s stronghold.​

Stating that he wanted a political platform to advance the objectives of Hindutva, he joined the Shiv Sena on August 28, 2005. He was accompanied by the former district president of the Bajrang Dal for Belgaum, Vilas Pawar, and some 5,000 workers belonging to the Bajrang Dal, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad and the Bharatiya Janata Party. This marked the formation of the Shiv Sena in Karnataka.

They aren't affiliated. They are simply protected.

Pramod Multhalik has over 45 cases pending against him, and is wanted by the police in 11 districts of Karnataka. Most of these cases are still under investigation and relate to subversive activities, defiling religious books, unlawful assembly, violating prohibitory orders, and evading judicial warrants. Most were filed between the years 2000 and 2008. A look at the chargesheet makes it clear that he has never been arrested for any of these cases.​

People lodged complaints against them and found that they themselves were getting investigated. Just go check the mailing list of Nirbhaya Karntaka; or ask the Alternate Law Forum in Bangalore.

Do you realise how silly that sounds?

What do you plan to do, oppress all non-Hindus for 1,000 years and oppress all Congressmen and their families for 50 years?

Or make everyone keep to the law and lead lawful lives?

Yeah Pramod muthalik's moral view and sentiments is the same of the sangh,his methods are not.The sangh doesn't support bullshit like abusing women who go pubs and all even if it might be against it.

And all those offences alleged are nothing,he is a fvckin saint compared to many murderers,extortionists and public thieves who roam the streets of india with power.

Do you realise how silly that sounds?

What do you plan to do, oppress all non-Hindus for 1,000 years and oppress all Congressmen and their families for 50 years?

Or make everyone keep to the law and lead lawful lives?

I dont want to oppress anyone.But i just want Hindus of India to feel their pride,respect their culture and keep their honor.If they have to do it,they have to cut down this secularism(pseudo) bull **** and recognize people of bookish faiths for what they are.

India is a unique place with its strong culture holding people together despite everyone being so different,it is a free country in the truest sense.If we have to keep this,we need people who put the land above their religion and this attitude is what makes Hinduism.It doesn't matter whether u go to temple or not,whether u approve of any rituals or not,but making your loyalty waver from this land is treason and it is serious treason.

Every country in the world works by the feeling of the majority except India.

Indics in India are routinely subjected to brutal pogroms, with the connivance of the authorities. Most recent example being Debanga.

The Pioneer :: Home : >> Anatomy of a riot foretold

As regards Lakshmananda, it was the Christian faction of the Maoists that was responsible for the massacre of the Ashram residents, with the abetment of powerful Christian Congress politicians. In fact, the gory murder resulted in a split between the Hindu and Christian Maoists.

Not at all surprising, it was Lakshmanananda who was a hurdle for the evangelists, not Staines.

Why the predilection for foreign sources when there is an official Indian inquiry report -

Please note that the truth is very different from your "RSS did it" rant.

My dear fellow, you have yet to apologize for your dishonest cherry-picking of the article on Mutalik. Such flights of rhetoric are unlikely to further your cause.

Yeah,heard you well and good but this is the Indian Inquisition,you sow what you reap.

I dont want to oppress anyone.But i just want Hindus of India to feel their pride,respect their culture and keep their honor.If they have to do it,they have to cut down this secularism(pseudo) bull **** and recognize people of bookish faiths for what they are.

India is a unique place with its strong culture holding people together despite everyone being so different,it is a free country in the truest sense.If we have to keep this,we need people who put the land above their religion and this attitude is what makes Hinduism.It doesn't matter whether u go to temple or not,whether u approve of any rituals or not,but making your loyalty waver from this land is treason and it is serious treason.

The question is who are majority in India? Hindus are not homogeneous group but an amalgam of thousands of conflicting sects, people with believe in one, many or no god(s). How do you know that your version of Hindus constitute the majority of Indian population. If we go by the result of recent elections, then you're horribly wrong at your claim.

If you look up the back issues of Deccan Herald and Times of India, you will get even more startling results, starting with the antecedents and background of a very, very senior BJP politiican currently in trouble because of his favouring his son and son-in-law.

And how is this relevant here ?

I quoted only those sections that showed his links with the Sangh Parivar, since that was my point, that he had such links, not that he had them permanently. This was in opposition to being told with a lofty air of condescension that the Sri Ram Sene was in fact nothing to do with the Parivar.

And I quoted the parts that say he was expelled from the Sangh for his activities.Thats the extent the sangh can go.They cant take an AK and shoot the shyt out of him for that.

Again, I repeat: they are intimately connected. Pramod Muthalik gets away scotfree only because he represents the 'plausible deniability' of the Sangh Parivar. They do what the Parivar would do if the Parivar did not have to worry about trashy things and the cretins who go and vote.

Conspiracy theory and nothing more! Since I have disproved your claim that He was a part of the Sangh while he indulged in that Mangalore Pub incident you are now resorting to accusations that cannot be proved.

Tell me one thing -- You are working in a firm and you have been fired for your mis-demeanor (hypothetical scenario) and you continue to indulge in it even after you have been fired. Now can anyone fault your employer for your mis-conduct after you have been fired ??

It seems they can according to the logic you peddle here.

The question is who are majority in India? Hindus are not homogeneous group but an amalgam of thousands of conflicting sects, people with believe in one, many or no god(s). How do you know that your version of Hindus constitute the majority of Indian population. If we go by the result of recent elections, then you're horribly wrong at your claim.

Which results are you talking about?

Subramanian said:
[quote="Abir']
The question is who are majority in India? Hindus are not homogeneous group but an amalgam of thousands of conflicting sects, people with believe in one, many or no god(s)[/quote]

Common Abir we all know what Subramanian is saying, so let me be blunt :

All of this 'minority' (note that I'm a Jain, but I don't get special privileges :confused:) politics started with the Congress and the goddamn Shah Bano case. Implement the Uniform Civil Code, remove Hajj subsidies and I'll stop whining about Congress/Pseudo Secularism

Well,he seems more pissed than anything else.

His speech gives a great point though.

Jammu and Ladakh have to be separated from the valley and article 377 should be repealed there.

That would be a great start.Jammu could be a state and Ladakh could be a union territory.

Back
Top Bottom