What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
“What is the nature of the agreement between these sections of the media and mobs and criminals in search of spectacle? Does the media which positions itself at the “scene” in advance have a guarantee that the attacks and demonstrations will be non-violent? What happens if there is criminal trespass or even something worse,” Ms Roy said in a statement. “Does the media then become accessory to the crime? This question is important, given that some TV channels and newspapers are in the process of brazenly inciting mob anger against me. In the race for sensationalism the line between reporting news and manufacturing news is becoming blurred.”

So now we should hold all the protests even those which bears a registered political party's name if and only if we have somekinda guarantee that the protest will be non-violent!! Wow, is this the same lady who preaches the freedom and speech and all!

Sorry, Mrs Roy, media only practising their freedom of speech.

Last edited:
Attacks on houses and religious places is culture of saffron lobby even if India lost cricket match they attack players houses so atleast i am not surprised.

Attacks on houses and religious places is culture of saffron lobby even if India lost cricket match they attack players houses so atleast i am not surprised.

Are you trying to say that the trait is only seen with the Hindutva groups?
Do I need to show you reports of the happenings in your country with the so called Mullah groups? I would say these saffron groups appear rank amateurs when compared to the religious fanatic groups in your country.

Religious fanatics especially of the Semitic religions are very similar in their thinking of if you are not with us, you are against us. I guess the extent to which they will go to harm others who do not agree with their thinkings varies wildly.

regarding to cricket,it is the religion of sports in india.they expect players to do better.they love cricket.

but comparing it with AR,who talks abt the disintegrity of nation ,is ridiculous.

i suppose u have the same opinion regarding to the ppl who talk abt the disintegrity of pakistan.

I see why people call India the world's largest "democracy".

:woot: If India were not democracy and ruled by military dictators A Roy had been already vanished and people would have never see her again. Sorry to disappoint you first know what is democracy, it doesn't allow to show hatred towards own country.

Ohh spare me your 'You can't handle the truth' speech.

Whether I have to give speech or not, you've to wake up. AR is not Bhagat Singh that I'm talking about. Stop being apologetic towards traitors if you have least bit of respect for those who die daily at the borders, forests, deserts and valleys just so that we might live to see another day.

Our democracy is based on the laws set out in the constitution. This guaranties out freedoms which applies to every one equally. Just because you don't like a few Indians, it doesn't mean that our constitution has shunned them.

This self-conceptualized intellectualism has ruined this country's security apparatus with more than half a dozen terrorist organizations operating or active in different parts of the country. Not to mention more than 600 sleeper cells active nationwide as IB has reported. Obviously authentic reports are not to be revealed to common people but even this figure gives us the idea how much our "FREEDOMS" are being misused by terrorists.

I am all for laws and freedoms but not for those who support terrorism and attempt at sabotaging national unity. That is not freedom; it is treachery to the country that gives such traitors everything including the clothes they're in and the house they enjoy all their personal comforts of.

If people like you start thinking that subverting the constitution for a few special cases is OK, our country will fall down faster then a deck of cards. Thankfully, there are a lot more sane people in the country who will not let that happen.

It is because of these sane people that terrorists take a strike in our country like target practice and all people do is light candles, cry like babies and all while your "sane" people beg to the perpetrators to hand over those who're guilty and make a mockery out of world's 4 th largest political and military power.

Sorry cowardice doesn't equal "freedom", "liberty" and "equality" in our dictionary.

Hitler thought that by getting rid of the jews, he was serving his own country. Are you any different in your thinking in this matter?

Seriously? You're comparing 6 million innocent Jews who did nothing to Germany to Arundhati Roy who's abusing the same nation that gave her everything? :lol: That eliminates all the reasoning there can be to the arguments that you've put forward.

@Scrumpy,

One more thing; it is easy to sit in UK and talk of all the liberty and equality and rights that democracy is supposed to provide when your residing country's soldiers are fighting for all that you speak of thousands of miles away. It takes more than just a few intellectual words to walk your talk by living in a place where terrorism is almost a few miles away from your doorstep.

So don't tell me what is the meaning of democracy and how to live in it with what laws. Democratic laws are for those who respect it, contribute to the nation and abide by laws; not for traitors and terrorist supporters who shamelessly besmirch the name of the same land that gave them everything.

wtf wtf wtf
its a script, probably for a movie.

@Scrumpy,

One more thing; it is easy to sit in UK and talk of all the liberty and equality and rights that democracy is supposed to provide when your residing country's soldiers are fighting for all that you speak of thousands of miles away. It takes more than just a few intellectual words to walk your talk by living in a place where terrorism is almost a few miles away from your doorstep.

So don't tell me what is the meaning of democracy and how to live in it with what laws. Democratic laws are for those who respect it, contribute to the nation and abide by laws; not for traitors and terrorist supporters who shamelessly besmirch the name of the same land that gave them everything.

I find nothing wrong in what Scrumpy said. And what soldiers fight has to do with freedom of speech? Why is it always comes to soldiers fight and martyrs family if anyone speaks anything different than national mood? Is it a patriotic test? Do we always have to prove ourselves patriotic with a capital P? One can construct their argument that Arundhuti wants our soldiers not to die that's why she is asking GoI to leave Kashmir.

See the fact is Freedom of Speech must be withheld with utmost respect! Today they are finding Arundhuti a traitor, tomorrow it will be people protesting against atrocities done to tribals, then it will be people who don't buy their ideology, not long after they will get me under their clutch.

blah blah blah...

Sorry cowardice doesn't equal "freedom", "liberty" and "equality" in our dictionary.

Your call about killing a non violent writer __Bravery__??
You have a case of blind nationalism. Do not confuse it with patriotism. I want my country to be a shining example of democracy where every one's rights are defended irrespective of their opinions. Not a country which conveniently decides to silence dissidents.

What you are talking about is an attack on the ideals represented in our constitution which we the people have sworn to uphold. Are you sure she is the enemy? I think people who don't give a damn to our rights are the enemy.

Seriously? You're comparing 6 million innocent Jews who did nothing to Germany to Arundhati Roy who's abusing the same nation that gave her everything? :lol: That eliminates all the reasoning there can be to the arguments that you've put forward.

Building strawmen are we???
If you read that bit again, I didn not compare Arundhati Roy to the Houlocast Jews. I am comparing __your__ train of thought to Hitler's. According to him what he did what he did to strengthen his country.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom