What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
I see so much happiness in pak for wat ever Arundathi Roy has to say..pakistanis feel as if they have won the war or as if its the supreme courts verdict..Well sorry to break ur bubble not only arundathi roy even if UN cheif /USA president says the likes of AR we dont care..Kasmir's fate is n our hands, that bloody peice of land is ours, u dont like my land then GET OUT

Indians have a problem they just kill the ppl who speak out the truth

Oh yeah all over the world only the muslims and their supporters speak the truth the rest all is false..Even the holocaust is a drama,heck mumbai 26/11 is drama,sep 11 is a drama, infiltration is drama..If ever something is true then all the crap said by any muslim/supporter is true..

I was expecting a saner reply, yeah hard to come buy when one is surrounded by insane, unbalanced traditional mind set, Kashmir is for people of Kashmir whats lady ghandi said is irrelevant.

its just like when you were failed to pass your fifth grade exams because you came here all blazing, waving saffron flag hoping to get an award of bravery on "word war" congress could feel happy on this but your parents will defiantly get disappointed as they would have ideally want you to focus more on your studies, pass your high school son...leave these issues for educated people to address, its just too much for may be a fifty year old fifht grade student to think about.

Ohhhhhhhh comon till a decade back leaders would formmulate ides on how to defeat IA and capture kashmir by force not only kashmir byt fly the green flag on new delhi, but yeah as the bubble has been broken now u guys want to be on the negotiating table and talk of humanity and peace...

Where was humanity when 4 lakh pandits were driven away from their homes??where wa umanity when bloody in humane tribals raided and raped kashmiris??whare was humanity when sand dwellers destroyed the sub continent's culture and heritage.Muslims leaders are multi faced ,from israel to kashmir u guys only talk of peace whn u lose all the wars..

Result of too much bad TV, bollywood, hollywood and now world wrestling entertainment, you didn't get it right either, its entairment on TV son, doesn't happen in real world, now don't quote rujni kant and make an attempt get satisfied.

There is nothing rajni kant/hollywood in it..
Offtopic:Lolz last tym i checked the same hollywood that the pak ppl hate saved a few haters in NWFP floods..

Ontopic :If pakistan wants kashmir AR/articles/UN willl not earn it for u.The simple solution is that u guys have faith on ur mighty allah and attack us Non beleivers..If God is with u guys as u claim then not only kashmir whole of india will be under ur feet..

Kashmiris demanding only right to self-determination: Gilani

Srinagar, November 02 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani has said that the Kashmiris are only demanding their right to self-determination promised to them by India.

Syed Ali Gilani in a statement issued in Srinagar said that the ongoing liberation movement had started to receive support from the Indian civil society. He said that even Indian Home Minister, P Chidambaram, and puppet Chief Minister of occupied Kashmir, Omar Abdullah, intentionally or unintentionally, had accepted some facts regarding the Kashmir dispute.

To mark the anniversary of massacre of Muslims in 1947 in Jammu, the veteran leader announced that the upcoming week would be commemorated as Martyrdom Week and urged the people to make the civil curfew call from November 6 successful. He said that through emails, Kashmiris should impress upon the US President, Barack Obama that peace would continue to elude South Asia and the threat of the war between nuclear powers, India and Pakistan, will linger on till the resolution of the Kashmir dispute,” he said.

Syed Ali Gilani has called off Friday strike in view of Diwali. He said, “Islam teaches us to respect sentiments of other communities. The Hindus and Sikhs are part and parcel of our society and we, from the core of our heart, respect their sentiments.”

Kashmiris demanding only right to self-determination: Gilani | Kashmir Media Service

Azadi: Kashmir’s rallying cry

By Shireen M Mazari | Published: November 3, 2010

Kashmir brings out the worst in the Indian state and its mainstream media; but it is also bringing out the best on some Indian human rights groups, courageous individuals and other subjugated minorities. Of course, Arundhati Roy is, perhaps, the most visible symbol of an individual speaking the language of truth in support of the right of the Kashmiri people to self-determination and of suffering as a consequence. It is a shame that our human rights activists are so silent on the Indian state’s abuse of human rights in Occupied Kashmir. Lessons on conviction can certainly be learned from Roy!
Her family and home were targeted on Sunday (October 31) morning by a fanatical mob that broke into her house and threatened to teach her a lesson because of her views on Kashmir. Interestingly, the media was all in place to cover this mob terror simply because Roy had stated that Kashmir was never a part of India and the Indian government had recognised it as a disputed territory taking it to the UN under Chapter VI of the Charter. According to Roy, part of the campaign of terror against her was simply to divert attention away from the debate on Hindu terror that was centres-tage because a senior RSS activist Indresh Kumar had been named in connection with the Ajmer Sharif bomb blast.
Clearly, Roy has touched a raw nerve within mainstream India and exposed the myth of Indian tolerance and democracy on which it harps ad nauseam. Obama may seek to avoid using the K word on his trip to India – which has a massive propagandist agenda beginning with the Taj meeting and statement – and Pakistan may continue to sustain a confused official stance on Kashmir, but the Kashmiris themselves with their valiant struggle are beginning to awaken the Indian conscience on their inalienable right to self-determination. In this process, Pakistan will get sidelined by default as Indian citizens, especially other dispossessed minorities and human rights activists, move their state to fulfil the promises made to the Kashmiris by Nehru and the UNSC resolutions.
In fact, if developments continue in this fashion and Pakistan refuses to play its due role in supporting the Kashmiris right to self-determination, it will become irrelevant in the Kashmir equation, as the Kashmiris’ struggle for self-determination is centred on the call for Azadi. A reflection of this was the convention on Kashmir that was held in New Delhi, on October 21, with the straightforward title: Kashmir - Azadi the Only Way. It was organised by the Committee for the Release of Political Prisoners (CRPP). It was not just the participants, who were interesting, but the manner in which the issue was discussed with the underlying premise being that the Kashmiris must be given their right of self-determination. The repression and duplicity of the Indian state not just towards the Kashmiris, but also towards its other minorities. The Final Report is an amazing document – a testament to people committed to truth and justice. For instance, Najib Mubarki, Assistant Editor of the Economic Times, talked about how the Indian media misrepresented the Kashmiri popular movement by claiming that the protests were only by Muslims demanding a theocratic state. He pointed out that even though the majority of Kashmiris were Muslims, the people’s struggle was for their inalienable and legitimate political rights.

Azadi: Kashmir’s rallying cry | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Syed Ali Gilani has called off Friday strike in view of Diwali. He said, “Islam teaches us to respect sentiments of other communities. The Hindus and Sikhs are part and parcel of our society and we, from the core of our heart, respect their sentiments.”

If they are part and parcel of your society,then why they were "parceled" out of Kashmir Valley in the 90s and all their belongings/properties divided amongst the Muslims and why the remaining Hindus/Sikhs have to get "permission" to celebrate Deepavali. ??

Bloody Hypocrite..Does he think the people are fools to be taken for a ride :angry:

Last edited:
If they are part and parcel of your society,then why they were "parceled" out of Kashmir Valley in the 90s and all their belongings/properties divided amongst the Muslims and why the remaining Hindus/Sikhs have to get "permission" to celebrate Deepavali. ??

Bloody Hypocrite..Does he think the people are fools to be taken for a ride :angry:

Could you explain the "permission" part? I might have misunderstood but Hindus and Sikhs asked Gilani to postpone the strike as it would interfere with Dewali, which he did. He sounds like a reasonable guy who looks out for minorities, which is more than what I can say for the Indian government regarding Kashmiri Muslims.

Not that your whining will matter. Kashmiri Muslims have spoken. This was only made possible after 63 years of ignoring them. Focus on not repeating the same mistake elsewhere.

Could you explain the "permission" part? I might have misunderstood but Hindus and Sikhs asked Gilani to postpone the strike as it would interfere with Dewali, which he did. He sounds like a reasonable guy who looks out for minorities, which is more than what I can say for the Indian government regarding Kashmiri Muslims.

Yes sir,with all respect you plainly mis-understood.

If a strike happens on Deepavali how will the Hindus/Sikhs celebrate Deepavali.There is definitely a chance of communal violence with anti-India Valley Muslims on one side and pro-India Hindus/Sikhs on another side.

So automatically Hindus/Sikhs being in the minority have no other option but to cancel their celebrations.So this is justa polished term of "permitting" them to celebrate.

Not that your whining will matter. Kashmiri Muslims have spoken. This was only made possible after 63 years of ignoring them. Focus on not repeating the same mistake elsewhere.

Fine whatever,no one needs to tell me who holds the bigger stick in Kashmir.If you think in a democracy my "whining" doesnt matter,think again slowly.

I don't think the permission part is so inconcievable, or are you really unable to understand. In kashmir anti India and anti Hindu sentiment is wide spread, there are many horror stories. The forceful eviction of Kashmiri Pandits and other Hindu Communities is living testament of this.

It is another thing that power hungry sick b@$tards of successive govt have ignored this conveniently because they are from the majority community of this country and do not form part of their "secular" bunch of public.

Nobody talks about kashmiri hindus. Kashmiri muslims have already spoken long time back when they threw out hindus, saying what kind of a bunch they are. All they want to do is establish an Islamic Caliphate here. Geelani is a two faced bigot, the only reason he postponed his whatever plans at the time of diwali was to score some bownie points. These were the same people who kept the militants in their home and supplied food and water and sent their children across for "training".

Yes sir,with all respect you plainly mis-understood.

If a strike happens on Deepavali how will the Hindus/Sikhs celebrate Deepavali.There is definitely a chance of communal violence with anti-India Valley Muslims on one side and pro-India Hindus/Sikhs on another side.

So automatically Hindus/Sikhs being in the minority have no other option but to cancel their celebrations.So this is justa polished term of "permitting" them to celebrate.

Kashmiris demanding only right to self-determination: Gilani | Kashmir Media Service

Seems I was not mistaken. Silly of me to expect a rational explanation. My bad.

Fine whatever,no one needs to tell me who holds the bigger stick in Kashmir.If you think in a democracy my "whining" doesnt matter,think again slowly.

Real democracies dont need sticks and in a real democracy local voices would be more important than your non-local whining. But soon you wont have this problem at all.

Seems I was not mistaken. Silly of me to expect a rational explanation. My bad.

My second post in the thread was specifically for this part of BS.

It was good that you left the first and the important part of the post and chose to concentrate on the other part.

Real democracies dont need sticks and in a real democracy local voices would be more important than your non-local whining. But soon you wont have this problem at all.

Real democracies also dont allow secession or compromising on territorial integrity.Well if you want to think otherwise,who am I to stop you,considering its impact on the existing ground realities.

Sir, would you classify School going kids as majority or minority.
Hope you remember he asked parents not to send their kids to school.

Politics aside please,know the man before calling him reasonable.

Correct sir, the problem is more of governance ,than politics the geelani kinds play.

I don't think the permission part is so inconcievable, or are you really unable to understand. In kashmir anti India and anti Hindu sentiment is wide spread, there are many horror stories. The forceful eviction of Kashmiri Pandits and other Hindu Communities is living testament of this.

It is another thing that power hungry sick b@$tards of successive govt have ignored this conveniently because they are from the majority community of this country and do not form part of their "secular" bunch of public.

Nobody talks about kashmiri hindus. Kashmiri muslims have already spoken long time back when they threw out hindus, saying what kind of a bunch they are. All they want to do is establish an Islamic Caliphate here. Geelani is a two faced bigot, the only reason he postponed his whatever plans at the time of diwali was to score some bownie points. These were the same people who kept the militants in their home and supplied food and water and sent their children across for "training".

Im just to take your word that Gilani hates secularism and supports a caliphate when everything he says suggests otherwise? At least provide proof of the supposed evilness.

Who talks about Kashmir valley and Jammu Muslims in Pakistan. Will you also be their champion?

Back
Top Bottom