What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
dont say that, those indian radicals will attack your house too, and indian posters here will label you a traitor :agree:

Can they leave it a few years before they attack the house, its always been a dream that when im old and retired i can sit in a rocking chair on my porch with a shotgun taking potshots at idiots.
If they were attacking the house it might even be leagal to shoot them :)

Poor woman. She says the truth and stands up for what she believes in but in return she has to face life threatening situations.

Ok guys. Lets put this into perspective.

She uses her right to free speech and says something which is inflammatory to a bunch of people. A group of women claim their right to peaceful gathering and gather outside her house. In the process 2 flower pots were broken.

And these 2 incidents highlight all that is wrong with the Indian democracy... exactly how??

Did any one make threats to kill one another?
Was anyone other then the 2 flowerpots hurt in this interaction?

I am rather proud of these 2 group of extremists who have exercised their rights rather peacefully. Ok the flower pots may not agree with me.

please do it,
that will pave her way to get Noble Award by next year

I guarantee, that will become a matter of pride for the Indian public after she gets noble award :)

PS: I know she is probably among the few females of our subcontinent for whom, even Pakistanis will be cherishing for her achievement after he gets that award :rofl:

And ill bet you half the Pakistanis posting on this thread didnt know who she was or had read her book until the recent spurt of news about her.........and are blindly supporting her because of her recent views on Kashmir....

But then again....its a subcontinental habit you see..;)

And ill bet you half the Pakistanis posting on this thread didnt know who she was or had read her book.....but are blindly supporting her because of her recent views on Kashmir....

But then again....its a subcontinental habit you see..;)

I bet you that non of the Pakistanis posting here would even want to know what her views on Pakistan are.

Here is an interesting interview with her on Tehelka.

Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine

so much for being the ''largest democracy''

isnt it

Ill tell you what your nation tells the world on a daily basis....

"They were non state actors"....
so unless the Govt initiated this attack, refrain from speaking ill of our Govt or our political structure....

Do we know if the flower pot was broken in anger? Damn Bharatis, what did the flower pot do to deserve this?

lol,
Then why Hindu's aren't being given any of such subsidy?

Does the Indian Government has any fear of revolution/insurgency from the Muslim population so that they are giving them extra benefits? :woot:

If that is correct, I find lack of insecurity here by the GoI

it is not out of fear but out of need for minority votebank.

She uses her right to free speech and says something which is inflammatory to a bunch of people. A group of women claim their right to peaceful gathering and gather outside her house. In the process 2 flower pots were broken.

And these 2 incidents highlight all that is wrong with the Indian democracy... exactly how??

I am rather proud of these 2 group of extremists who have exercised their rights rather peacefully. Ok the flower pots may not agree with me.

It's not new, Arundhuti has always been acted like an extremist when the freedom of speech is applied to her.

Now id some people show their disappointment outside her house it becomes an attack to her, what hypocrisy!

Indians have a problem they just kill the ppl who speak out the truth

Oh common... that was a poorly made statement.

She had the freedom to speak against the country's general opinion... and the people who protested had the freedom to raise their voice against it...
If you are concerned about the damage to the gamlaas and the plant... I am with you... why let the poor plant to die for this cause... not worth it :no:

Giving Arundhati the freedom would show how secular and tolerant Indian people are. But such incidents highlight the fact that the current India is far from that.

There are no curbs from govt on Ms Roy. However if some people take exception to her speech and break some pots outside her house, I actually think thats a positive for democracy

btw, secularism and religion has nothing to do with Ms Roy or this incident. Religion doesnt define everything in India

I am rather proud of these 2 group of extremists who have exercised their rights rather peacefullyr. Ok the flower pots may not agree with me.

And we all know what happens when 2 groups of extremists dont exercise their rights peacefully. The most stark and recent example being Karachi. Thats life threatning situation.. and not only for the pots.

Yeah its pretty obvious the worlds biggest "democracy" cannot handle her :cheers:

Our democratic Govt already handled her.

You are ignoring the fact when she gave her speech(in the capital,Delhi) she was given Govt protection.

Besides,how do acts of certain Right-wing extremists become synonymous with worlds biggest "democracy" ? By that logic i can pick a lot of synonyms for Pakistan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom