What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Ahh...these kinda polls have been posted/quoted by you people a hundreds times around here. These polls have been carried out out so extensively and in such continuity that now the topic has been discussed ad nauseam!!

This entire 'effort's leads to only one logical conclusion that can be summed up in the following:

Chor ki dhari main tinka (in my opinion the tinka has now become a Bamboo!!)

My god what is happening ??

Even OIC is learning some good political moves.:lol:

Just last week or before that some of the important Gulf states openly pledged "strategic co-operation" with India and now they speak on Kashmir.

Any as OIC said "We hope....." . Well whats wrong in hoping ??

Prabhat Jha clearly doesn't know the constitution. Indian Govt don't have the power to exile anyone who choose to be an Indian Citizen.

A general question - If the govt revokes her citizenship,then automatically isnt she in exile.?? :undecided:

Sometimes I feel that a few of the BJP brats should be expelled from their party first. NitiGadkari being my first choice :-)

Any specific reasons or is it the usual quota of BJP-Bashing?

A general question - If the govt revokes her citizenship,then automatically isnt she in exile.?? :undecided:

Does our constitution allow revoking of citizenship? Any earlier precedents. I know US and Canada do, but not sure about India.

Any specific reasons or is it the usual quota of BJP-Bashing?
Hahaa... I wont say BJP bashing, but don't like some people's opinions especially in public at a personal level. (remember the Mulayam and Laloo verbal fight, I think he also had some with Sonia as well)

these kind of surveys always comes from dubious sources and toilet media..no wonder..

Prabhat Jha clearly doesn't know the constitution. Indian Govt don't have the power to exile anyone who choose to be an Indian Citizen.

Does our constitution allow revoking of citizenship? Any earlier precedents. I know US and Canada do, but not sure about India.

Yes, I think the Constitution of India allows the Central Government to revoke the citizenship of a person.

This is the Indian Citizenship Act 1955..Please look at point #10 on Page 11.

http://www.mha.nic.in/pdfs/ic_act55.pdf

Hahaa... I wont say BJP bashing, but don't like some people's opinions especially in public at a personal level. (remember the Mulayam and Laloo verbal fight, I think he also had some with Sonia as well)

Some times it needs to be done to show ppl that they are hurt,shocked and angered.

She hasn't done anything wrong in voicing her opinion.
If she thinks we are wrong in forcefully holding Kashmir then that is her point of view.
She like most Hindu and muslim radicals is not advocating violence/hatred...when we can let these radicals live alongside us why not her?
You can't throw everyone out of the country whose opinion doesn't match up to yours...!
there is no force stronger than the will of a populace...we have lost a lot of goodwill...and there a lot of people who'd want Kashmir to go it's own way...the way Pakistan and Bangladesh went...
I hope the Kashmiris look beyond faith in making their call when it is their time....

Hold a plebiscite any day in the week.Trust me Kashmir will turn into green colors ;).So i don't see any logic for not holding plebiscite which by the way was promised by your own prime minister.

Zulqarnain lambaste unprovoked shelling by Indian troops

ISLAMABAD, SANA): The President of Azad Jammu Kahmir, Raja Zulqarnain Khan has lambasted the indiscriminate and unprovoked shelling of Indian troops across the line of control (LOC) and urge upon global community to take serious notice of human rights violations of Indian troops in occupied Kashmir.

He stated this while speaking to various delegations here on Thursday at Kashmir house.

AJK President said that besides genociding Kashmiris in occupied Kashmir Indian troops has made it routine to target the areas of line of control (LOC) by indiscriminate and unprovoked shelling.

He stated that on Oct, 27 Kashmiris rest of the globe has observed “Black day” against the completion of illegal and unconstitutional subjugation of Indian troops in held Kashmir and the worker of political parties with the members of Civil Society were protesting along the line of Control (LOC) to press global community against Indain atrocities but Indian troops have opened shellings in Batal and Madarpur Sectors resulting injuries of several youths and damages of civilian property.

He said UNO, European Union, OIC and other global bodies should play their due role for the resolution of Kashmir imbroglio in accordance with the wishes of Kashmiris.

Zulqarnain lambaste unprovoked shelling by Indian troops

Indian Troops are on killing spree: Malik

Rising Kashmir News
Srinagar, Oct 28: Stating the “blood of Kashmiri martyrs” will not go waste; JKLF Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik Thursday alleged that police and the Indian para-troopers are on killing spree in Kashmir.

In a statement issued here Malik visited the Humhama to express solidarity with family members of the persons killed in police and CRPF firing.

While addressing a gathering he said that in four months, police and troopers have killed more than hundred people in Kashmir. “This killing spree is still on. In addition to it, innocent students are being book under draconian laws. The Imam of the Masjid, Rafiq Fazili who is only 20 years of age has been booked under PSA,” Malik said.

He alleged that on one hand India is talking about a dialogue process and on the other hand has declared a ‘war’ against the people. “The oppression will not deter the resolve of the people. Kashmiris want total freedom which has been accepted by the world’s most important organizations as well,” he said.

Earlier, Malik along with other party leaders visited the family members of 55 year old Ghulam Rasool Tantry. “He was killed while he was ferrying an injured into a cab,” Malik said.

Malik also visited the family members of Nisar Ahmad Kuchay and Aadil Gaffar and expressed sympathies with their family members.

Troops are on killing spree: Malik

News in India..."unprovoked mortar and rocket fring by Pakistan"
New in Pakistan..."Unprovoked shelling by Indian troops"
no way to tell which is correct...

You are bypassing my questions and not discussing survey as well. Junagadh is entirely an out of context comparison. There is entire sea between Junagadh & Pakistan. Look what happened to BD - Junagadh would have ended up the same causing even more turmoil for the region.

Thats one of the reasons there is no terrorism there. Pakistan does not have any easy access.

hmmmmm That means QASAB is yr own Kuta. :bunny:

How can he Go to india lol

No one is saint.

Both Pakistan Army and Indian Army resort to shooting/shelling from time to time for various purposes.

SO MOVE ON

Pandits demand mini India in Kashmir
Pandits demand mini India in Kashmir - India - DNA

Pandits living in migrant camps want a mini India created in Kashmir, so that they could return home.

Ravinder Raina, president of Displaced Welfare Committee of Pandits, told visiting central interlocutors Dileep Padgaonkar and Radha Kumar at Muthi migrant Camp in Jammu, “Kashmiri Pandits would be satisfied with a portion of land [in the Valley]. A land where the constitution of India would be applicable in letter and spirit so that right to life, liberty, freedom of expression, faith, equality and rule of law are ensured.”

Raina, who submitted a memorandum to the interlocutors listing demands, said this portion of land should be placed under central administration with a Union territory status till it evolves its own economic and political infrastructure.

“All Kashmiri Pandits, including those who were forced to leave on account of terrorist violence in Kashmir, should be settled on this portion of land on equitable basis,” he said.

Around 59,542 pandit families have migrated from Kashmir since the onset of militancy in 1990. Of these, 34,202 families have migrated to Jammu and 21,684 are registered as migrants outside Jammu and Kashmir. Plus, 2,168 Muslim and 1,749 Sikh families have migrated from the Valley.

“We are displaced, homeless and territory-less people in our own country. To save this community, we appeal for survival till we get the portion of our land. Our social, economic and cultural rehabilitation must be ensured,” Raina said.

Kashmiri pandits had a detailed discussion with the interlocutors. “They told us they will take up our issues with the Centre. We told them on one side there are pro-Pakistan voices and on the other, people who want independence. We are Indians, where do we figure? We have told them to look into this since we are the real sufferers of militancy,” he said.

Meanwhile, Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani, who has called for a boycott of the interlocutors, said the Centre should read the writing on the wall, shun rigidity and grant “freedom” to the people of Kashmir. “The rulers in Delhi should respect people’s aspirations and give them right to self-determination,” he said.

Will the mini India declare Independence in the near future ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom