What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Is it? If this is the case, why no one listens to Qureshi when talks about Kashmir? He is virtually ignored and the moment he opens up Kashmir issue, he gets the reply 'talk to India'. Even your closest friend China is keeping neutral. Man up and own the responsibility.

I more or less agree with your post my friend the problem is not Pakistani stand like the title suggests. (I renamed it by the way).

are you a year old...
seriously act mature. it is this pathetic attitude of yours that wont allow us to solve this problem

2, 3 what ever!!!

just give it to them...
give something

and than honorwhat they choose...

Spare me your patronizing attitude ..you made a claim in your previous post.. back it up...it would be better, if you do not twist govt's foreign policy..to gain some brownie points on an online forum

Independent nation of Kashmir is not in Pakistan's interest.

Kashmiri Muslims should favor Pakistan 100% like Kashmiri Hindus favor India or else this freedom movement will not work.

UN resolutions gives Kashmiris only two options: chose Pakistan or chose India.

Firstly:

There is neither a Kashmiri hindu nor a Kashmiri muslim, we are all Kashmirs. Please take your divided view elsewhere, Kashmir has suffered enough ethnic crimes.

Secondly:

It is not for you, or for Paksitan or India to decide what is best for us. It is for us, the people of Kashmir to decide our future. Either side accepting a solution to the Kashmir problem that would split Kashmir between Indian and Pakistan would cause deep hatred within the Kashmiri community, and a new insurgency would be on India/Pakistan's hands. Just some facts.

Excellent point. Since both India and Pakistan betrayed Kashmir cause,and both have vested interest, I would suggest, Kashmiris seeks outside help. Are there any leaders in Kashmir who can muster outside support successfully?

Firstly:

There is neither a Kashmiri hindu nor a Kashmiri muslim, we are all Kashmirs. Please take your divided view elsewhere, Kashmir has suffered enough ethnic crimes.

Secondly:

It is not for you, or for Paksitan or India to decide what is best for us. It is for us, the people of Kashmir to decide our future. Either side accepting a solution to the Kashmir problem that would split Kashmir between Indian and Pakistan would cause deep hatred within the Kashmiri community, and a new insurgency would be on India/Pakistan's hands. Just some facts.

Well. Pakistan jumped the gun and we will now never know.. Would we. ? However, had that invasion by Pakistan army irregulars hadnt happened, Pakistan would have had a much stronger case aganist accession to India if that went down..Not anymore...

The invasion of Kashmir was a herroic act by Pakistani irregulars, a heroic act the world has chosen to ignore. Genocide and descrimination against Kashmiri Muslims was in progress for too long in Kashmir; Pakistan saved the Kashmiri Muslims from a fate perhaps worser than the Holocaust (complete annhilation).

Isn't India using an Instrument of Assession from the same Maharaja who had his Army and Hindu Extremists commit Genocide on the Kashmiri Muslims? And isn't it the same India that is continuing the Maharaja's policy of discrimation, murder and violence towards Kashmiri Muslims?

Excellent point. Since both India and Pakistan betrayed Kashmir cause,and both have vested interest, I would suggest, Kashmiris seeks outside help. Are there any leaders in Kashmir who can muster outside support successfully?

Probably not, Mirwaiz Ummar Farooq would be the best choice as he is more for what the Kashmiri community wants. However, his profile is small in world affairs and I believe the OIC is the only world-wide organization he has been invited too.

IMO, a strong united Hurriyat front for a plebliscite with all 3 options backed with an increase in armed struggle against combatants would bring the Kashmir issue back to the table; Kashmir isn't getting enough media attention as is needed, at the moment.

Ya, keeping doing this type of stupid stuff (add kargil to the list), world will not only continue to ignore, but support India aganist the genuine movement that deserves independence

The invasion of Kashmir was a herroic act by Pakistani irregulars, a heroic act the world has chosen to ignore. towards Kashmiri Muslims?

kashmiris never had the opportunity to show their individuality, and mostly they were categorized as Indian Hindus or Pakistan Muslims. Most discussions were secession to Pakistan or India. They lack identity and leadership .

Probably not, Mirwaiz Ummar Farooq would be the best choice as he is more for what the Kashmiri community wants. However, his profile is small in world affairs and I believe the OIC is the only world-wide organization he has been invited too.

IMO, a strong united Hurriyat front for a plebliscite with all 3 options backed with an increase in armed struggle against combatants would bring the Kashmir issue back to the table; Kashmir isn't getting enough media attention as is needed, at the moment.

kashmiris never had the opportunity to show their individuality, and mostly they were categorized as Indian Hindus or Pakistan Muslims. Most discussions were secession to Pakistan or India. They lack identity and leadership .

Touched the point perfectly, it's why I chose the Mirwaiz in my reply to that post and why I support him; he has more individuality that Syed Ali Geelani. Even so, Mirwiaz needs to become more independent, and more publicity is defenently needed. I wonder why he hasn't visited western nations or made use of the Kashmiri migrants living in the UK/Europe.

Ya, keeping doing this type of stupid stuff (add kargil to the list), world will not only continue to ignore, but support India aganist the genuine movement that deserves independence

The Invasion was a different story imo, I've read in a couple of places that it was called for by a lot of Kashmiri Muslims. Though, funding the Kashmiri Armed Groups at the time may have been a better option. As for Kargil, Pakistani military action against India won't bring Kashmir the sympathy it needs from western audience, home grown stuggles would have more effect but imo, targetting civilians would work against any home grown Armed Struggle, the targetting of troops may work.

I think India restricts movement of leaders outside India Right? Stuff like canceling passport etc..

Touched the point perfectly, it's why I chose the Mirwaiz in my reply to that post and why I support him; he has more individuality that Syed Ali Geelani. Even so, Mirwiaz needs to become more independent, and more publicity is defenently needed. I wonder why he hasn't visited western nations or made use of the Kashmiri migrants living in the UK/Europe.

The invasion of Kashmir was a herroic act by Pakistani irregulars, a heroic act the world has chosen to ignore. Genocide and descrimination against Kashmiri Muslims was in progress for too long in Kashmir; Pakistan saved the Kashmiri Muslims from a fate perhaps worser than the Holocaust (complete annhilation).

Isn't India using an Instrument of Assession from the same Maharaja who had his Army and Hindu Extremists commit Genocide on the Kashmiri Muslims? And isn't it the same India that is continuing the Maharaja's policy of discrimation, murder and violence towards Kashmiri Muslims?

In the the hindsight ..from Pakistan's point of view.. invasion was the worst thing you could have done..had you not panicked, and talked to the King(perhaps offered him more autonomy- as he wanted to remain in power)...you could have got the whole Kashmir...but you cavalier attitude of might is right made sure that Nehru got Kashmir on his own terms...

too your second point.. perhaps can provide source for this "genocide for too long" point...be careful not to point out riots which had broken at the time of partition ..as we already know of them and were happening thorough out the length and breadth of the country.

I think India restricts movement of leaders outside India Right? Stuff like canceling passport etc..

That is true, but the using the Kashmiri migrants is still possible and needed. Over the Internet as well, Kashmir doesn't have a "hot-spot" website that delivers information / propaganha from Kashmir as it happens, only a couple of semi-pro sites that hardly get hits. Utilizing social networks is also important to get the Kashmir issue into the minds of more people.

EDIT: I think there was a Hurriyat visit to AJK / Gilgit & Baltistan in 2005, though I'm not sure of that and it could have been due to the peace process.

Last edited:
Von Hölle;1227035 said:
In the the hindsight ..from Pakistan's point of view.. invasion was the worst thing you could have done..had you not panicked, and talked to the King(perhaps offered him more autonomy- as he wanted to remain in power)...you could have got the whole Kashmir...but you cavalier attitude of might is right made sure that Nehru got Kashmir on his own terms...

too your second point.. perhaps can provide source for this "genocide for too long" point...be careful not to point out riots which had broken at the time of partition ..as we already know of them and were happening thorough out the length and breadth of the country.

In hindsight, there may have been better ways, but we cannot call it the worst thing in general, as it saved a lot of lives.

For a source:

July 13:The people of Kashmir had been raising their voice against the Dogra usurpation of their land and as a result they faced brutal consequences. On July 13, 1931, a large number of Kashmiris gathered in front of the Srinagar central jail, at a time when the trial of a youth Abdul Qadeer accused of involvement in a case of agitation, was in progress inside the jail. The objective was to demonstrate solidarity with the young man. As the time for obligatory prayer approached a young Kashmiri stood for Azan (Call for the prayer) and the Dogra police opened fire on him, and he got martyred. Thereby, another youth took the place of the martyred young man and started the Azan. He too was shot dead. In this way 22 Kashmiris embraced martyrdom in their efforts to complete the Azan.

Source - Kashmir Media Service; apart from accounts of my family members, I will get you some more sources when I get the time.

Back
Top Bottom