What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
sands I agree with you wholeheartedly except the last two lines. These policies are only being considered at this point, it's a bit immature to call them failed without even trying them out

I didn't realize that's its only under consideration. Anyway, hope you guys see the light. Free markets and globalization is the best path to future prosperity. Sure, you can try protectionist policies but in the end they always backfire.

You are overestimating your leverage here. There are many billions of dollars worth of projects in many parts of the world with less competition than in Indian market. These affected firms may simply choose to do business there.
Lets move from billions of dollars to say $1 Trillion in the next 5 years. How does that sound?
India needs $1 trillion infrastructure spending over 5 yrs: PM - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

Also, many Chinese firms are state owned so to them its not merely business but a political angle as well. We'll see how far this goes. Many Chinese and Russian firms are doing business with Iran despite severe sanctions and at the risk of attracting western anger who also happen to be largest Chinese market. And here you think that some unilateral sanction by India is going to have a major impact?
This is the prime point of discontent with India that most of the firms are State owned and India is not happy with Chinese govt presence in a disputed territory. At the end of the day everyone want to make money, so I don't see why these companies will not strike a compromise with the Indian govt if the rule is indeed enforced.

In the end, I think India will only make a fool of itself by these gimmicks. Best stop it now and avoid failed policies.
As I said before, there is no question of making a fool of anyone here... It is a matter of principals and political strategy. We are not asking for Chinese aid, these will be pure investment projects and mutually beneficial for both the countries.

India won't do anything and will end up looking like a fool in the end. India is not ready to cut off ties with China's biggest firms - essentially cut off trade with China.

China on the other hand has been the driving force behind all these projects. There is the much talked about Defence - aspect along with the fuel supply, train link and expansion of KkH.

Yes, according to Indian stance *** is part of India. But according to the 2 pending resolutions in the UN on Kashmir and 3 resolutions at the OIC, Kashmir is part of Pakistan and the Kashmiri people have a right of self determination.

Doesnt matter. They know who has control.

I think u r unaware of thr full story,may b ur state controled media did not published thr entire story

Huawei reluctantly and unwillingly have to accept India's terms and condition's,had to open up a plant here and share their codes with Indian govt,so it was huawei that cried like a baby not Indian govt

this is for the same reason i consider by putting them on blacklist after all this,it will b little hard on them

As far as Huawei is concerned india is just another destination for the company to expand, with or without india Huwei is doing very well thank you very much. Now go figure this out , why Huwei need to show you their codes where as it can easily bribing yr corrupt politicians to get back into india?

I would like to see this happen in fact. If India does this it will be seen as a highly belligerent move in Beijing and would cement its relationship with Pakistan.

Xeric is a respected member on the forum; i dont know where this talk of criminal background came into place. But such claims can be rubbished.

and i am aware about US zero tolerance towards terrorism. But it seems that you are adopting an ''enemy of enemy is friend'' approach

i would say that the attack by Jundollah on Iranian revolutionary guards was terrorism too, wouldnt you agree? I hate to promote off-topic discussion, but would you not agree?

it is already evident that a guilty until proven innocent approach is being adopted, terrorism is affecting the way you are running your affairs and abiding by Constitutional enactments......there are even American nationals with bounties on their heads ''dead or alive'' (which is a presumption of guilt)

as for Kashmiri freedom fighters; i don't think a decrease in ''terrorism'' can be attributed to anything the americans are doing. Violence has waned maybe because Kashmiri Muslims feel representation from groups like APHC and the like; perhaps they have some small glimmer of hope that the world will take notice of their plight without the need for violence. Not sure how long that will last, as long as world continues to keep a blind eye to the conflict.

in the end of course, Kashmiris' main ally is themselves; Pakistan Nation would always stand side by side with them, as we hope to see a fair and fitting resolution to the problem --one that fits Kashmiris.

i'm sure if russians were an aspiring stake-holder in Kashmir, you'd take a lot more interest in it :D

whatever suits you best sir!

I would like to see this happen in fact. If India does this it will be seen as a highly belligerent move in Beijing and would cement its relationship with Pakistan.

Like Pak-China relation isn't already cemented enough!

India should do whatever best for her, relation between two different sovereign states should never be considered while making country's foreign policy.

All this is diplomatic sabre-rattling Asim (I'm sure you know this too), the leadership of both nations is quite pragmatic and I'm certain they will find a middle ground that both can agree on.
India and China are heavily focused on economic development, and when it comes to such petty issues they have been able to amicably resolve it in the past.

i didn't realize the PDF authorities had already stamped his Visa for all expenses paid trip to AF-BAN-istan!

انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون

As I said earlier, everything on the table is available for negotiation. This includes Kashmir occupied by India.

Remember Kashmir is a 'disputed territory' documented in UN. We are just looking other way now as we are busy elsewhere. When there is a need we will turn our head towards Kashmir which is the cause of many problems in South Asia

if USA supports pak on kashmir issue
so who will be your next partner against china russia japan europe if not india because if USA support pak on kashmir then sure india will be standing against USA :cheers:

i didn't realize the PDF authorities had already stamped his Visa for all expenses paid trip to AF-BAN-istan!

انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون

absolute class comment

cheers

long live the freedom struggle

long live the resolve of the Kashmiris
down with the indian occupation of Kashmir

Back
Top Bottom