What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Before someone call this an Indian/Hindu propoganda, I salute the women for her sheer bravery. Clock is ticking. We will see what becomes of these so called "freedom fighters" who tried to do this low level act as abduction.

Though offtopic but I can't resist myself putting this:
Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations. Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and God.

Those people were not "freedom fighters". They were kidnappers and terrorists (clearly evident by the fact that they tried to kidnap and kill civilians). Get your labelling right next time.

1218737708_pak1.jpg

79bf392dbf6e5321397f570b5100de1f.jpg

4c897cd6f477ea39faf3a44e65791d39.jpg

These are the freedom fighters. I guess to you they look like LeT agents?

:rofl: As usual the Orange Indian media at work.

Just look at the details of this news story.

A woman succeeded in killing a 'militant" with an axe .

The woman and her husband snatched the weapons from "Militants"

:rofl: well the highly trained, highly equipped Indian army hardly kills these "highly trained militants" without suffering any casualties or injury. And look at this news an armless woman killed a militant lolzz

It clearly shows the men were ordinary criminals NOT freedom fighters.

When will Indians learn to behave like real men stop such cheap propaganda.:tdown:

What is so strange in this?:what:

You are dreaming I guess. It is nowhere written that women snatched the axe from militant. Please read the article. Here is the details:

As the militants, armed with automatic assault rifles, demanded the woman be handed over to them and threatened Noor Mohammad, Rashida picked up an axe and hit one militant, killing him. A violent scuffle ensued, in which another militant was injured. The two remaining militants fled, but not before Rashida and her husband snatched the weapon of one of them.

Woman kills militant in Jammu and Kashmir

People are replying without reading the article I see.:blah:

@UnitedPAk

JKLF has renounced violence so no I don't expect these militants to be from the JKLF.
These militants are the TTP clones like LeT, Harkatul Ansar, Hizb and all the assorted members of the united fake-jihad council which was/is based in muzaffarabad. They are nothing but terrorists just like TTP.
Infact, local Kashmirs like these women and men are fighting the true Jihad.

@Jana
The news feed is from IANS, they are a news service agency like reuters and AP and have to be reliable as they don't depend on add revenue. Not like zeenews or star news. You can very well expect all the other news channels to start reporting this in a few hours / days.

And what can you expect from militants like these, they probably didnt expect a woman to fight back. It is the first time a woman has killed a militant afaik and as per police officials

“Maybe not for Muslims, but definitely for Kashmiris”. Why is that? The ‘Two Nation Theory’ was the basis of the partition, was it not? If the theory was correct, why we decided to help the Kashmiris but left the Muslims of HyderAbad, Junagarh and Manavader on their own?
Pakistan was conceived as a homeland for Muslims, that does not mean we drag every Muslim in South Asia kicking and screaming into Pakistan - there were those who embraced the idea of Pakistan and immigrated there, and others who did not and stayed where they were due to whatever compulsions they had.

Pakistan's responsibility is to fight for those that chose her, and those that were denied the right, as much as is possible.

And Pakistan did protest the forcible annexations of Junagadh, Munavadh and Hyderaba into India, but the reality of the situation was that Pakistan was in no position to militarily impact those states and therefore defend our interests and those of the people of those states (in case they chose to join Pakistan), nor were all of those states Muslim majority, which meant that a plebiscite (which the rule sof partition indicated had to be employed in disputed accessions) would have gone against Pakistan in any case.

If Kashmir was a desert, you think we were so eager to help them?
Yes - we fought over the Rann of Kutch and Siachen did we not? But it is also true that in all three of those cases, Kashmir, Rann of Kutch and Siachen, we were able to militarily contest our rights.

When we sent in our troops back in 1948, it was the Pakistan Army and the Lashkaris (the tribal folks) who fought tooth to nail not the Kashmiris (few exceptions were there). Similarly when Pakistan started a covert operation in the valley in 1965 (The Op. Gibraltar), most of our fine men were got arrested and/or killed by the Indian Army on the 'lead' of no one else but the same Kashmiris for who’s liberation those men were sent in.
You ignore the fact that there was already an indigenous rebellion against the Maharajah in various parts of Kashmir, which he brutally attempted to suppress, which was the catalyst for the Tribal invasion.

Operation Gibraltar was an ill conceived operation, and it would have only taken a few to *** out the covert operation - it says little about whether the Kashmiris would choose Pakistan or India if offered the opportunity to select in a free, fair and impartially plebiscite.

What is so strange in this?:what:

You are dreaming I guess. It is nowhere written that women snatched the axe from militant. Please read the article. Here is the details:

As the militants, armed with automatic assault rifles, demanded the woman be handed over to them and threatened Noor Mohammad, Rashida picked up an axe and hit one militant, killing him. A violent scuffle ensued, in which another militant was injured. The two remaining militants fled, but not before Rashida and her husband snatched the weapon of one of them.

People are replying without reading the article I see.:blah:

I think you are the one who had not read the concocted news let me post it for you again and kindly read it with open eyes this time.

Jammu, Sep 28 (IANS) In what may be the first ever such act of resistance against militants in Jammu and Kashmir, a young woman in Rajouri district killed one militant and injured and drove away two others who had barged into her house and tried to abduct her, police said Monday.
Rashida Begum and her husband Noor Mohammad were sleeping in their house in Shadhara village in Thanna Mandi area of the district, about 190 km north-east of Jammu, when a group of three militants barged into their house late Sunday night, police in Rajouri said.

Police officials in the district have commended Rashida’s courage.

“This is a great act by the woman,” a police official said

lolzz

@EjazR: i know IANS is new service agency but It is INDIAN NEWS Serivce agency. They know very well what kind of masala news increases the readership of Indian newspapers and mediaoutlet.

Just read my earlier post Ejaz and tell me honestly, can it be true that a armless woman killed a "highly trained militants/freedom fighter" and non of the woman and her husband got any critical injury and isnt it a joke that the woman and her husband had snatched the weapons from the remaining two "highly trained militants"????

The militants as per Indian news report were having highly sophysticated automatic weapons but they did not use them when their fellow was killed and they so easily gave up their weapons

:lol:

This shows that Indian media is just lieng about they being militants/fighters. It is understandable that they were criminals, thieves NOT fighters.

^^^
There is IA and paramilitary forces all over J&K. These militants have to run and hide from them. As soon as an alarm is raised neighbors and paras come in and of course the militants want to run as soon as possible. So the surprise of the woman attacking along with an alarm raised for police and paras coming after them would have just made them run as soon as possible. I guess you haven't really followed militancy in Kashmir as much as I have to realize how much of cowards these can be.

Now ofcourse I can't 100% confirm this as I was not there. But IANS and PTI are two Indian news services that don't NEED masala to improve their TRP ratings. They have to be credible because other organizations PAY them to just provide news like reuters and AP. So I would give this credence until proven otherwise.
Maybe we will see interviews from her later to find out what happened.

Alternate source News Agency of Kashmir
Woman hacks militant to death in Rajouri
Rajouri, Sep 28 (NAK): In one of the rarest cases a woman hacked a militant to death and forced two others to flee in injured condition in border district or Rajouri.
Identified as Rashida Begum wife of Noor Mohammad of villge Shadhara in Thanna Mandi area of the district Rajouri, the woman struck bank when at least three militants reportedly barged into her house and tried to abduct her, late last night.
A senior police officer told News Agency of Kashmir that Noor and his wife Rashida were sleeping when three militants forced their entry in their house. Noor Muhammad was beaten mercilessly by the armed militants who asked the woman to accompany them.
“Rashida took an axe lying in the room and struck one of them”, the police officer said adding “When the militant fell down she hit the other two as well”.
While one of the three militants died on the spot other two fled from the spot in injured condition, police said.
Fearing a revenge police and security forces has reportedly asked the family to remain in Rajouri for few days for security reasons. (NAK)

If you see the title its difficult to digest for few here that they were terrorist and one was killed by a woman.

:rofl: As usual the Orange Indian media at work.

Just look at the details of this news story.

:rofl: well the highly trained, highly equipped Indian army hardly kills these "highly trained militants" without suffering any casualties or injury. And look at this news an armless woman killed a militant lolzz

It clearly shows the men were ordinary criminals NOT freedom fighters.

When will Indians learn to behave like real men stop such cheap propaganda.:tdown:

pls, don't troll.

If you see the title its difficult to digest for few here that they were terrorist and one was killed by a woman.

Its the first time a woman has killed one. But human rights abuses by these militants is well documented by UNHCR and other organisations which include rape, assasinations, kidnappings extortion e.t.c.

You can understand now why the locals give tip offs and joining the police and army to fight these very militants

Back
Top Bottom