What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
kumar_V1.0;498366]That's the point.
These people never expected the retaliation by an unarmed women. And this lady thought otherwise.

indeed a great point ... makes a perfect bollywood sense for you isnt it ~ ! ?

Think Please .. Is it that under current has become over current and things have started to look different.. Little far fetched but a real possibility. A different perspective.[/QUOTE]

ya go ahead live in your little filmi duniya ... even if kashmiris are occupied for the next 1000 years this will never be the perspective .... be 4real please and look around in kashmir crowds in thousands hold pak flag "My salam to those great souls , Stop imposing your will upon those poor souls

I think Admins should come into play now. Like all other forums this forum is also being trolled by indians now. Put this story in front of any one in the world and you will just get your answer. We are just wasting our time on a bogus news.

Gunman axed to death

Rising Kashmir, Daily Newspaper, Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir - Gunman axed to death

Shaheen Khan
Jammu, Sept 28: In the first incident of its kind, a gunman was axed to death by a civilian in Rajouri district.
Noor Ahmed of Sharadha, Rajouri told Rising Kashmir that three unidentified gunmen barged into his house at about 9:30 pm Sunday. “The gunmen, who were inquiring about the rape case of my daughter, Rukshana, beat me up with bamboo sticks. When they were hitting me, my brother Wakalat Hussain and son Ajaz Ahmed intervened and attacked one of the gunmen. I attacked another gunman with an axe and he died on spot. Another gunman tried to **** the gun but before he could have pressed the trigger, I also attacked him with an axe. His gun slipped away from his hand and he ran away,” said Noor.
He said, “When the gunmen fled away, my son Ajaz Ahmed and daughter Ruksana picked up their guns fired some rounds towards them”.
When asked how they could use automatic weapons, Noor said, “They were trained by a relative, Shafiq Ahmed, who is an army man”.
Noor’s brother Wakalat said the gunmen were inquiring about the character of Noor’s daughter. “Why you firstly approach police in rape case and then withdraw it,” he quoted them as saying.
He said he received a bullet injury on arm during scuffle with one of the gunmen. “We don’t know why they attacked us and who they were,” he said.
Immediately after the incident a police party rushed to the spot and took the rifles of the gunmen in their possession.
SHO Police Station Thanamandi Mohammad Ashraf told Rising Kashmir that a gunman was killed in the scuffle with locals. “Police have recovered two rifles from the spot along with a coded-information. The identity of the gunmen is being ascertained. The deceased gunman might be foreign militant of Laskhar–e-Toiba,” he said.
DIG S D Singh Jamwal said the deceased gunman is a Pakistan militant. “His identity is being ascertained. We have launched the investigations,” he added.
Sources said Rukhsana daughter of Noor Ahmad had lodged an FIR in Police Station Thanamandi on July 24, 2009 under section 376 and 109 (Rape Case) against two boys namely Mohammad Arif son of Sunna, Behrote and Tahir Hussain son of Abdul Latief of Thanamandi for raping her. The case was dismissed by court after Rukhsana withdrew her statement and stated she was not raped.
Meanwhile, the deceased gunman was buried in Upper Shadara village.

no i dont ..... its common sense 3 guys with AKz and a women with an axe ! think pls !

read it again... its not 3 guys, she killed one and the she and her husband managed to snach the weapon. remaining two ran away.

read it again... its not 3 guys, she killed one and the she and her husband managed to snach the weapon. remaining two ran away.

They must be very hard core Militants they were there to snatch a woman i forget to see how a common thief would be considered a militant.last i checked they are fighting the occupying army not for a local woman what we do no is in the passed Indian army has been doing these things.

@ Boooo here is it again for please read again i have highlighted and underlined incase you miss it!!

Rashida Begum and her husband Noor Mohammad were sleeping in their house in Shadhara village in Thanna Mandi area of the district, about 190 km north-east of Jammu, when a group of three militants barged into their house

As the militants, armed with automatic assault rifles, demanded the woman be handed over to them and threatened Noor Mohammad, Rashida picked up an axe and hit one militant, killing him. A violent scuffle ensued, in which another militant was injured. The two remaining militants fled,

this is nothing but another made up media stunt cow dung !

This woman should be given the bravery award on the next Republic day.
But first the Indian government should provide top security to this family. After this incident the family will me marked as targets by the terrorists. Their safety and security should be given top priority.
Government should encourage more and more people to stand-up to the atrocities committed by the terrorists. When this happens the terrorists will have no ground to stand on in the peaceful state of J&K. This incident should be made an example. If this family gets hurt, then it'll scare other people too.

Last edited:
More details emerging overnight...

This 20-yr-old Kashmiri killed a militant, shot another

SHAHDRA SHARIEF (RAJOURI):
Displaying rare courage, a 20-year-old Kashmiri woman axed to death an armed Lashkar-e-Toiba commander and then, along with her 18-year-old brother, snatched guns and opened fire on two other militants, wounding one and forcing them to flee. The incident took place at Shahdra Sharief in the Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir late Sunday night.

Police identified the dead militant as Uzafa Shah, a Pakistani national who had been operating in the Rajouri-Poonch area for the last four years. He was said to be the only Lashkar commander in the area who had survived.

Rajouri SSP Shafqat Watali said police found a blood trail, suggesting that one of the militants who fled was wounded. One even left behind his weapon. The family handed over an AK-56 and an AK-47 to the police. DIG SDS Jamwal said the family retaliated when the militants made an attempt to molest the 20-year-old.

Three militants came to the Bhatti Mohalla in Upper Shahdra Sharief around 9.30 pm Sunday and went to the house of one Waqalat Hussain. They asked him to accompany them to the adjoining house of his elder brother, Noor Hussain.

When Noor Hussain did not open the door, the militants broke open a window and entered the house. By then, Noor Hussain and his wife Rashida Begum had hidden daughter Rukhsana Kausar beneath a cot. On not finding Rukhsana, the militants started beating Rashida. Son Aijaz Ahmed tried to pick up a lathi but one of the militants hit him.

It was at this point that Rukhsana emerged from her hiding place with an axe and hit the Lashkar commander on his head. One of the militants opened fire, the bullet striking Waqalat Hussain in the arm. Other family members jumped in, joining Rukhsana who was battling the militants.

Rukhsana picked up the Lashkar commander’s gun, snatched another from one of the militants and tossed it to her brother. Both then opened fire, wounding one of the militants and forcing them to flee.

Rukhsana and Aijaz then led the family to the police post at Shahdra Sharief. To ensure that the militants stayed away, Aijaz fired in the air from the two AK rifles at regular intervals till they reached the police post where they handed over the weapons.

Though there have been incidents of civilians resisting militants who forced entry into their houses, it is the first case of a top militant being felled by a young woman. And this happened in an area where militants killed three policemen in an ambush a fortnight ago.

The killing of the Lashkar commander by Rukhsana was the talk of town today. “Mubarak ho, yahi jehad hai (Congratulations, this is jehad),” said Maulana Amir Mohammad Shamsi, head preacher of Alhuda Jamia Masjid, Rajouri. Shahdra Sharief shrine administrator Inayat Hussain Baba said Rukhsana had sent an example for others to emulate.

A special police post has been set up at Noor Hussain’s house to protect the family. Appreciating the courage shown by Rukhsana and Aijaz, senior police officers have even offered them jobs as Special Police Officers.

^^^ The courage of this woman brings a lump to one's throat.

Apparently the dead terrorist was a Pakistani. Pakistanis should realize that their nationals fighting in Kashmir are no better than Fazlullah or Ajmal Kasab. There is no honour in this so-called "Jihad" and their deaths are celebrated by the locals.

^^^I would prefer to say a misguided Pakistani if that is true.

Most people don't know the reality of what is happening and a few elite use this ignorance and the name of Islam and Jihad for their ends. If the public knows about this, there will be no support for them and infact, there will be support to stop them and shut them down from the Pakistanis themselves.

^^^ The courage of this woman brings a lump to one's throat.

Apparently the dead terrorist was a Pakistani. Pakistanis should realize that their nationals fighting in Kashmir are no better than Fazlullah or Ajmal Kasab. There is no honour in this so-called Jihad and their deaths are celebrated by the locals.

Those Pakistani passports sure are getting indestructible lately.

^^^I would prefer to say a misguided Pakistani if that is true.

Most people don't know the reality of what is happening and a few elite use this ignorance and the name of Islam and Jihad for their ends. If the public knows about this, there will be no support for them and infact, there will be support to stop them and shut them down from the Pakistanis themselves.

The so called 'Kashmiri freedom fighters' and their 'supporters' can fool the world for some time but they cant fool the world every time. Let this incident be the begining of their end.

Looking at this "news report" objectively, there is no proof provided that these intruders were, in fact, separatist freedom fighters. Separatists have been involved in human rights abuses, but these are mostly related to torturing/killing informants and collaborators. Sex-related crimes are not their speciality.

The Indian army, on the other hand, has been implicated in a number of rapes and most human rights organizations acknowledge that these crimes are far more prevalent than reported.

http://hrkashmir.blogspot.com/2007/09/rape-of-kashmiri-women-and-south-asia.html
Since January 1989 to April 30, 2007:
Total killing. 91,865
Custodial Killing 6,899
Women gang raped & Molested 9,708
Civilian arrested 113,798
Structures arsoned / Destroyed 105,353
Children orphaned 106,930
Women widowed 22,530

Based on historical patterns of abuses, these intruders are far more likely to be common criminals, or Indian army soldiers, than separatist freedom fighters. Keep in mind that assault rifles are a dime-a-dozen in any conflict zone; any common criminal can get their hands on them.

P.S. I am sure in due time the police will obtain "confessions" ;) from the "militants". ;) ;)

Last edited:
3 militants, woman killed in gunfighting in India-controlled Kashmir

English_Xinhua 2009-09-28 19:18:13 Print

SRINAGAR, India-controlled Kashmir, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) -- Three militants and a civilian woman were killed and two paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were injured in a gunfighting Monday in India-controlled Kashmir, police and paramilitary said.

The gunfighting broke out in Amlar-Tral village of Pulwama district, 37 km south of Srinagar, the summer capital of India-controlled Kashmir.

"The encounter broke during the morning hours today after a search party comprising of paramilitary troopers and police launched a search operation to trace militants present in the area. The militants fired upon the party who was advancing towards their position and thus initiated a gun battle. The standoff lasted for several hours and culminated with the killing of three militants possibly belonging to Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT). In the gunfight two of our troopers were also injured," said CRPF spokesman, Prabhakar Triphati in Srinagar.

Meanwhile, the Superintendent of Police, Awantipora, Bashir Ahmad Khan said that during the exchange of fire a civilian woman were also killed.

"Besides three militants one civilian woman has also got killed in the exchange of fire. We are trying to ascertain under what circumstances was the woman killed," said Khan.

Police has also claimed recovery of three assault rifles and some ammunition from the slain militants.

The gun fighting between militants and Indian army troopers in India-controlled Kashmir takes place intermittently.

Police and defense officials maintain that most of the times the operations triggering gun fights are carried out on prior information about presence of militants in specific areas.

Salut to those Kashmiri people who fight against Indian militant forces

Back
Top Bottom