What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
6ffadb6ec4b4b41a0e5e5b0cf3d5b1a5.jpg
That picture is hilarious :rofl::rofl:

Are displaced Kashmiri Hindus returning to their homeland? | Reuters|

Posted by: Sheikh Mushtaq
Tens of thousands of Kashmiri Hindus, locally known as Pandits, fled their ancestral homes in droves 20 years ago after a bloody rebellion broke out against New Delhi’s rule in India’s only Muslim-majority state.

Now encouraged by the sharp decline in rebel violence across the Himalayan region, authorities have formally launched plans to help Pandits return home.

Will Pandits, who say they “live in exile in different parts of their own country” return to their homeland in Kashmir where two decades of violence has left nothing untouched and brought misery to the scenic region, its people and its once easy-going society?

Earlier this month, the government constituted a high level committee led by Kashmir’s Revenue Minister, Raman Bhalla, which will monitor the return of displaced Hindus and effective implementation of New Delhi’s rehabilitation package which includes financial assistance of 750,000 rupees for house construction.

The initiative is driven by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s package of 16,000 million rupees last year for the return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Hindus living as migrants in several parts of the country, mostly in Jammu, the Hindu-dominated winter capital of the state.

Many Hindus who fled Kashmir have sold their homes or lost their kin in the violence that has also killed more than 47, 000 people including Muslim militants and civilians.

Some Pandit groups who have opposed the initiative are demanding a separate, guarded homeland within the Kashmir Valley while others complained that authorities are not meeting their security concerns.

In the largest migration since the 1947 partition of the subcontinent into mainly Hindu India and Islamic Pakistan, nearly 250,000 Kashmiri Pandits left for safer places in India after a bloody insurgency broke out in 1989.

In the past, Pandits have been deterred by a series of attacks by suspected militants. At least 209 Hindus have been also killed since 1989.

Though Kashmiri separatists have made fresh appeals urging Hindus to return to the Valley, they have asked them to live side by side with Muslims rather than in “security zones”.

Bhalla says 15,000 families have agreed to return and at least 200 apartments have been contracted so far.

Will Kashmiri Pandits return to their homes in Kashmir, where still almost daily gun battles, between troops and Muslim rebels, and occasional bomb explosions take place?

326df0022fc82226a73646c00380b24b.jpg

(PHOTO: A Kashmiri Pandit holds a lighted earthen lamp at a shrine in Khirbhawani, 30 km east of Srinagar May 31, 2009. REUTERS/Danish Ismail)

RIP Major Suresh Suri.
And two undesirable scumbags sent packing to find their (sic) eternal rewards. Good riddance, I say!
Friends, Countrymen, Indians:
Lets just pay our respects to the braves in uniform for their ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty! Unlike some who do it for some moronic ideology!
And just ignore the hatemongers, the naysayers, the ungrateful. Keep a check on your emotions, refrain from feeding those who got an unreachable itch to troll, and try to stick to the topic!

As per your above statement, the Indian soldiers who are terrorizing the Indian Occupied Kashmiri's through raping them, then killing them, killing people in fake encounters, torturing people can clearly be classified as terrorist, so i think the Indian soldiers should be killed too.

No, because India is not terrorizing the Kashmiri population. Stray incidences of rape, murder, encounters are examples of human rights violations, not terrorism. Personnel who engage in these human rights violations are more often than not, rightly punished.

Please do not expect Indians to swallow Pakistani propaganda on Kashmir.

No, because India is not terrorizing the Kashmiri population. Stray incidences of rape, murder, encounters are examples of human rights violations, not terrorism. Personnel who engage in these human rights violations are more often than not, rightly punished.

Please do not expect Indians to swallow Pakistani propaganda on Kashmir.

Pakistani propaganda ??? Sir you seriously need to do some study & research as who & who say what & what about Indian atrocities in Kashmir.

Stray incidences ??????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you must be joking.

Pakistani propaganda ??? Sir you seriously need to do some study & research as who & who say what & what about Indian atrocities in Kashmir.

Stray incidences ??????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you must be joking.

Let me add some fuel to this conspiracy.

One day or the other we are going for a pebliciste that is for sure. So such a thing to take place Pakistan should be sure that they are going to win it and should ask for the same. Project minor incidents to higher level to make Pakistan believe it. Make a propaganda for the Pakistan so that they come into belief.Give them a feel as if whole of Kashmir is burning and no one wants to be with india :devil:

This is just my theory based upon the interaction with Kashmiris which are quite a few and their views about India and Pakistan. So i feel something cooking. No offenses intended.

I think he is not a martyr but considered a terrorist by the majority of kashmir =i peoples.

We Indians do not deny that there are Human rights violations in Kashmir, these are not acts of terrorism. Terrorism would imply that it is a state sponsored policy. It is not. and yes, stray incidences of human right violations.

Don't ask me to do more research, i'm well aware of the situation in Kashmir. Perhaps you should consider the possibility that someone who has actually visited Kashmir would have a better idea of the situation on the ground.

The only terrorists in Kashmir are those who come in from the other side of the L.O.C. They engage in acts of violence directed at both the army and the civilian population and hence are rightly hated by all (Civilians and army personnel alike). You are aware that the indigenous militant movement in Kashmir - The JKLF - renounced violence right?

Don't ask me to do more research, i'm well aware of the situation in Kashmir. Perhaps you should consider the possibility that someone who has actually visited Kashmir would have a better idea of the situation on the ground.

The only terrorists in Kashmir are those who come in from the other side of the L.O.C. They engage in acts of violence directed at both the army and the civilian population and hence are rightly hated by all (Civilians and army personnel alike). You are aware that the indigenous militant movement in Kashmir - The JKLF - renounced violence right?
Now see, you say you've been to Kashmir, and in the second paragraph, you prove yourself wrong. Take it from someone who has family in Kashmir, "terrorists" or "freedom fighters", whatever you want to call them, have strong, very strong, support from the locals in about 80-90% of the region. Maybe you visited an Indian Army base or something, and think that's how all of Kashmir is.

I'm glad you mentioned JKLF. Yes, their leadership renounced violence, but exactly because of Indian aggression. They realized that for every Indian soldier they killed, several innocent Kashmiris were murdered. It wasn't a fair fight, so the leaders backed-off, but the JKLF is not a corporation where, if the heads decide to shut down the business, then the business no longer runs. Elements of JKLF are against peaceful means, since there are no more Mohandas Gandhis in India anymore.

Now, why are we discussing this? This Major was killed doing his duty, that is noble. It's not wrong to respect him, but it's wrong to drool all over him and call him a national hero because he helped the Indian state's continued aggression on and oppression of a people simply for a chunk of land. That is all.

Now, why are we discussing this? This Major was killed doing his duty, that is noble. It's not wrong to respect him, but it's wrong to drool all over him and call him a national hero because he helped the Indian state's continued aggression on and oppression of a people simply for a chunk of land. That is all.
This is called “extreme patriotism”. This topic was brought up for the very same reason we start up threads where we talk about our soldiers who fought gallantly and embraced shahdat in the line of duty. I still remember that thread where we talked about the four SSG folks who were captured by the TTP. Even though no one knows for sure under which circumstances they died, but they were praised for their hypothetical killing of 10 TTP terrorists before they finally got killed. There was no proof of any sort if any such heroic struggle ever took place but based on assumptions and interviews from their loved ones and comrades, we praised as if it really happened.

Nations like to praise their soldiers, even if they died while running and receiving a bullet in their backs. This is all right even though not very logical.

Now the Major is a hero for his country, and for his nation since Kashmir was always the part of India. By the way, we are also fighting for the very same ‘chunk of land’. We are not doing it for the love of the Muslim Kashmiris. If it was about the Muslims, why we did not struggle for the State of HyderAbad and Junagarh and Manavader?

In India you are not a Muslim or a Hindu. When you die... you die for India.. You are an Indian when your body is covered with Tiranga then being a Muslim or Hindu.

:blah::blah::blah:

wah wah - bari achi baat ki - shabaash - Muslims are good till they die for India but the same Muslims are bad when they prosper in Gujrat.

Now go and tell this to Adavni who is asking to create Ram mandir over Babari Masjid :sniper:

Don't forget to share your POV with terrorists like Modi and Thakhary.

While you are on this trip, also include, those Hindu terrorists who raped Christian nuns last year.

BTW, Sikhs in Canada openly call bhendarwala sahib a hero along with Bay Anat Singh and others.

We Indians do not deny that there are Human rights violations in Kashmir, these are not acts of terrorism. Terrorism would imply that it is a state sponsored policy. It is not. and yes, stray incidences of human right violations.

So if this is not State sponsered terrorism then the genocide of Muslims in Gujrat must qualify for that. Right??

For you, Indians can't do wrong and it is the fault of everybody else. My suggestion is to start realizing what the Kashmiris want otherwise you will lose more then Kashmir!

By the way, we are also fighting for the very same ‘chunk of land’. We are not doing it for the love of the Muslim Kashmiris. If it was about the Muslims, why we did not struggle for the State of HyderAbad and Junagarh and Manavader?
Maybe not for Muslims, but definitely for Kashmiris. They are struggling for what we (my ancestors, and maybe yours) did, and their desires are the same as ours, freedom in a land of their own, amongst their own people. I understand your point, but we are not fighting for a chunk of land. We are fighting with the people to whom that chunk of land belongs to. Not the same thing at all, not even close. We didn't struggle for Hyderabad because the people did not struggle for the same cause. They waited there for the rest of us to do something, whereas the Kashmiris didn't, they fought tooth and nail, and continue to do so. Again, I can't stress enough, India and Pakistan relative to Kashmir, not the same deal at all. I am sad that you, a poster whom I respect so much, feels this way.

RIP Major Suresh Suri.
And two undesirable scumbags sent packing to find their (sic) eternal rewards. Good riddance, I say!

:Mod Edit:

Friends, Countrymen, Indians:
Lets just pay our respects to the braves in uniform for their ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty! Unlike some who do it for some moronic ideology!

And the kashmiris will be paying there respects to the two brave freedom fighters who sacrificed there lifes for freedom......let the indian army follow there evil ways in kashmir but the freedom fighters will always be there to protect the people from these disgusting vile occupation "army".

And just ignore the hatemongers, the naysayers, the ungrateful. Keep a check on your emotions, refrain from feeding those who got an unreachable itch to troll, and try to stick to the topic!

Take your own advice.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom