What's new

Karnataka corner!

While it is politically uncorrect, I agree with Naipual. But then I call the West barbaric too.

Then Naipaul loses the right when white people stereotype him. That was his schtick for a long time. A self Loathing indian trying to 'fit in'.

I am sorry, but I prefer Walcott, who chooses to defend his people and take pride in them, not an Indian who engages in racism to scrape out whatever respect he can in his own imagined racial hierarchy.

@Indischer Kerala pales in comparison to the other South indian states in terms of literary works.

Tanil and Kannada stand head and shoulders when it comes to history, culture and richness of it all :-)

I don't know about Malayali literary traditions, but got to say that Kannada literature may have produced some of the best literary works from the South. Just a guess, as I haven't read the works in any other S.Indian language. But just going by the vast array of subjects dealt with by Kannada literature, I feel this way.

@chak de INDIA @Hermione Sounds like you guys are up early. Are you guys watching INS vs NZ cricket? Getting pretty interesting. @Ravi Nair are you following the game bruv?

I woke up early because i slept for straight 22 hours
47b20s0.gif

Matlab?

Metlab. . mera chhota sa dimaag pe itna zor mat dalo. .
121fs725372.gif

@chak de INDIA @Hermione Sounds like you guys are up early. Are you guys watching IND vs NZ cricket? Getting pretty interesting. @Ravi Nair are you following the game bruv?

If India has a chance of winning, it is the tests.

New Zealand is much stronger in the T20 format and one dayers I think.

Then Naipaul loses the right when white people stereotype him. That was his schtick for a long time. A self Loathing indian trying to 'fit in'.

I am sorry, but I prefer Walcott, who chooses to defend his people and take pride in them, not an Indian who engages in racism to scrape out whatever respect he can in his own imagined racial hierarchy.

I do not think critiquing a culture constitutes racism. Where it is bad, it has to be said so.

This is what they have been passing off for culture.

I don't know about Malayali literary traditions, but got to say that Kannada literature may have produced some of the best literary works from the South. Just a guess, as I haven't read the works in any other S.Indian language. But just going by the vast array of subjects dealt with by Kannada literature, I feel this way.

You are right. Karnataka also has produced scholar authors of a very high calibre. I included Tamil literature for it's sheer antiquity.

The first published Malayalam literary work was in 1889.

Nothing like that. . i would have enjoyed sleeping a bit more. . but mera friend ne jaga diya meko
gigglesmile.gif

Usko laga that something is wrong with me :o:

Mujhe ab bhi lag raha hai ki something's wrong with you. 22 ghante!...mein bhang ke baad bhi itni der nahi so pata.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom