What's new

Kargil war date:event sheet

And Pakistan still holds several peaks in the area

:lol:

Same. Pakistani forces were outnumbered 6:1 and had no air support unlike their Indian counterparts but seized the region for several weeks and still hold multiple peaks in the region.

How Indians can possibly spin this as a victory is beyond me but ig they need some sort of coping mechanism after losing so much of Kashmir to such a tiny neighbour.

They're still claiming to have shot down an F-16 so don't put ANYTHING past indians when it comes to lying.

Point 5310

That was after the Kargil war ended, and it was an unoccupied peak lol. It doesn't quite count. It's also just one compared to the four Pakistan controls in Kargil.

On top of this, literally all of Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir was taken by Pakistan in the first war. Taking back small parts of either is hardly impressive.

Mount Anzabar.

Explain that one in more detail, I'm unfamiliar with it.

On top of this, literally all of Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir was taken by Pakistan in the first war. Taking back small parts of either is hardly impressive.
From Princely state Of Kashmir Not IA We Entered only after King signed papers

It was a war won but lost due to stupid military and political leadership.
Instead of calling them mujahideen, Pakistan should have accepted its our army and used airforce. Either plan well and attack or dont attack. Musharraf is all to be blamed, he was a coward.
technically it was not a 'war' but a 'conflict'..wasnt fought on international borders.

That was after the Kargil war ended, and it was an unoccupied peak lol. It doesn't quite count. It's also just one compared to the four Pakistan controls in Kargil.

Point 5310 is not only one, there is West Mushkoh ridge and Mount Anzabar and point 5770 too.

As for 19948, India got a larger portion of J&K state.

And Pakistan still holds several peaks in the area

:lol:

Same. Pakistani forces were outnumbered 6:1 and had no air support unlike their Indian counterparts but seized the region for several weeks and still hold multiple peaks in the region.

How Indians can possibly spin this as a victory is beyond me but ig they need some sort of coping mechanism after losing so much of Kashmir to such a tiny neighbour.

We too have taken some posts from Pakistan... @ jaskier had posted on this...
Anyways I was just talking about India's fire power and quantity.... if in 1998 with smaller budget we could churned out 5.50 lacs artillery shells (I'm not even counting munitions fired by deadly mirages) imagine if similar war happens today then one can imagine the response...

Nobody will like to take a bath under that fire shower....

lXoJs1o.jpg

How credible is this? Did we actually lose ? Is gen pervaiz musharraf is sole responsible for this ? Did Pakistan army refuse to collect the corpse of martyred soldier bodies?
I read all this on wikipedia and i m blown right now!

This doesn't even cover the full aspect. First Pak sent Sartaz Aziz to India to talk to Jaswant Singh and that meeting ended in 20-30 mins. Aziz recommended a cease fire and India said pull out troops and then talk.

On July 4, 1999 - Sharif rushed to US without a plan and the entire meeting has been detailed by Bruce Reidel.

Point 5310 is not only one, there is West Mushkoh ridge and Mount Anzabar and point 5770 too.

As for 19948, India got a larger portion of J&K state.

Any evidence to back up your claims?

This doesn't even cover the full aspect. First Pak sent Sartaz Aziz to India to talk to Jaswant Singh and that meeting ended in 20-30 mins. Aziz recommended a cease fire and India said pull out troops and then talk.

On July 4, 1999 - Sharif rushed to US without a plan and the entire meeting has been detailed by Bruce Reidel.

Of which you have NO GENUINE/CREDIBLE evidence of.

We too have taken some posts from Pakistan... @ jaskier had posted on this...
Anyways I was just talking about India's fire power and quantity.... if in 1998 with smaller budget we could churned out 5.50 lacs artillery shells (I'm not even counting munitions fired by deadly mirages) imagine if similar war happens today then one can imagine the response...
Actually, they lifted ban on Bofors and imported from Sweden too if I remember correctly. Bofors was really the game changer.

Back
Top Bottom