What's new

Kargil: A Debacle or A Lost Opportunity?

Kargil ......
They could have mistakenly set an outpost I mean we are talking about a rocky region

So silly mistake.
I mean realistically :coffee:, do you really think Pakistani forces would have left the out post by war ? They already had the place secured.

Offcourse, Under world pressure.

They just debated the issue , and just decided to back to origional location big deal ...

After running towards USA.

Realistically if Pakistan wanted to suprise India , they would have just nuked them up , in all major cities , and then do a second strike before indians reacted that did not happened :disagree:

As your profiles shows Pak Flag in both home and host country, you would not have been there after nuking one part of India.

Just a major confusion :coffee:

First research then attack.

:undecided: I am bored of this rivalry we need something new

Stop terrorism.

Anyway, you are new born. Looks too much history unknown to you. Hopefully, this new internet connection will help you in releasing the truth facts.

Kargil ......

Here is what happened , winter ended, so soliders from both side were suppose to come back , one party came in earlier then other , and since there are no official marking on the place,

They could have mistakenly set an outpost I mean we are talking about a rocky region

Now as usual , the India media started to mirch masala the news :chilli: some fake news were reported in local media , which turned out to be 100% lies later

I mean realistically :coffee:, do you really think Pakistani forces would have left the out post by war ? They already had the place secured.

They just debated the issue , and just decided to back to origional location big deal ...

then BOLLYWOOD and went crazy

I think the biggest problem in India is their HYPER Media ...:chilli:

Realistically if Pakistan wanted to suprise India , they would have just nuked them up , in all major cities , and then do a second strike before indians reacted that did not happened :disagree:

Just a major confusion :coffee:

I think Mushy explained that to every one when he tried to bring ppl close , then the stupid mumbai thing happened ....I mean

:undecided: I am bored of this rivalry we need something new

Perhaps India , Pakistan, China and Bangladesh could find a new enemy to create new hate slogans and terms against the new enemy? Russia or Japan maybe a good place to start looking :rofl:

Did Kargil truly serve any military or political purpose for Pakistan? What was the intent of the Pakistan army in sending in a few of their army personnel dressed as terrorists into Indian territory? They obviously did not expect to win over territory with those handful of men. In my research I have yet to find any logical reason given or suggested by any Pakistani or Indian official on the reasons for the infiltration of Kargil.

It isn't that simple. Yes , the pakistani men were few. But you must remember that because of the geography , they were still in an advantageous position. They were occupying bunkers located on top peaks and all they had to do was shoot down at indian soldiers who tried to climb up. It was an extremely difficult operation for india and pakistan never expected that it would be successful .:cheers:

You were not successful , Pakistan ARMY retreated due to the orders of traitor NAWAZ SHAREEF (ex prime minister )

You were not successful , Pakistan ARMY retreated due to the orders of traitor NAWAZ SHAREEF (ex prime minister )

after having all of its NLI dead in the grave.
Seriously, India had regained all the strategic points till the time Pak retreated. Some of the soldiers and militants refused to retreat who were taken care of by the military in the last few days of the war.

Kargil was a HUGE mistake by the Pakistani Army. Should have never been attempted.

Your ex PM was the Commander in Chief of your army. If he gave the order to surrender or withdraw then the military had to follow the order. Now all that matters is that your PM ordered your army to withdraw. That is how history will judge this affair. Trying to self placate yourself by discussing the number of caskets which the Indian military ordered around this time or the fact that your held a piece of Indian territory for a short while is pointless. At the end of it all your army withdrew and the Indian army re-occupied those areas. German soldiers fought bravely and well during WW2. History however has forgotten that. All that is reported nowadays is that Germany lost the war.

SARTHAK
It isn't that simple. Yes , the pakistani men were few. But you must remember that because of the geography , they were still in an advantageous position. They were occupying bunkers located on top peaks and all they had to do was shoot down at indian soldiers who tried to climb up.

PLANET WARRIOR
Your ex PM was the Commander in Chief of your army. If he gave the order to surrender or withdraw then the military had to follow the order. Now all that matters is that your PM ordered your army to withdraw. That is how history will judge this affair. Trying to self placate yourself by discussing the number of caskets which the Indian military ordered around this time or the fact that your held a piece of Indian territory for a short while is pointless. At the end of it all your army withdrew and the Indian army re-occupied those areas. German soldiers fought bravely and well during WW2. History however has forgotten that. All that is reported nowadays is that Germany lost the war.

i guess these two posts by these two gentlemen sums up the whole conflict!

I have only one thing to say guys:

Every War is a Debacle , whether its a victory or a loss.

However there will never be an end of war. Maybe there wont be any war in the terms of humans going out and killing each other but war and competition are intrinsic and also a few of the pillars on which our progress is based. Maybe we can put an end to conventional wars and engage ourselves in a war where one wins when utopia is acheived. That way we will make maximum progress with minimum loss.

The ObJective Kargil was to capture the strategic locations. Overlooking karakom highway a ross roads between china & pakistan.

Pakistan captured these posts because the foolish complacent indians left for 3 months during the winter breaks.

The indians now had to fight from below and it cost hundreds lives.. A STRATEGIC BLUNDER to trust a neighbour who was talking peace at the same time.

From pakistan s point under huge pressure from usa they retreated.

Hundreds of Pakistani soldiers died in particular from air strikes by IAF mirage fighters..

THE PAF never came to their aid simply not involved in the planning and very much aware of IAF BVR edge with the mig29/mirage2000 FIGHTERS..

pakistanis objective to capture KARGIL in the end a FAILURE.

India captured SAICHEN GLACIER in the same way in the 1989 war. India stil holds both SAICHEN & KARGIL

" A contract was concluded in August 1999 with Buitron and Baize, USA for 500 aluminium caskets and 3,000 body bags at a total cost of US $ 1.5 million equivalent to Rs 6.55 crore." Strategic Affairs - Special Report
so their you go.. 3500 vs 357
Do you want to mean all soldiers died same day and after counting the deadbodies IA ordered for bodybags?Just explain whether the deadbodies of soldiers were left to rot till the body bags arrived? Joker of the thread.

Pakistan captured these posts because the foolish complacent indians left for 3 months during the winter breaks.

Agree with the rest of your post but not the above part. It was a common and mutually agreed to practice by both sides to vacate positions at these heights. At above - 19,000 ft lets see how many of your country's brave and smart stay in -30C?

Do you want to mean all soldiers died same day and after counting the deadbodies IA ordered for bodybags?Just explain whether the deadbodies of soldiers were left to rot till the body bags arrived? Joker of the thread.

Sab, insinuation and conspiracy theories are resort of those who have failed to publish a list of their casualties and failed to collect their own bodies.

Don't pay attention.

A STRATEGIC BLUNDER to trust a neighbour who was talking peace at the same time.

India captured SAICHEN GLACIER in the same way in the 1989 war. India stil holds both SAICHEN & KARGIL

these two lines say it for themselves INDIANS SHOULDN'T BE CRYING WOLF!!!! so kargil was no back stabbing! infact these tactics PAKISTAN LEARNT FROM ITS ENEMY!:coffee:

these two lines say it for themselves INDIANS SHOULDN'T BE CRYING WOLF!!!! so kargil was no back stabbing! infact these tactics PAKISTAN LEARNT FROM ITS ENEMY!:coffee:

Well maybe Pakistan shouldn't be a crying wolf. Siachen was a sort of DMZ. None of the nations had outposts or any military set up there which wasnt the case with Kargil. I hope its not that hard for you to understand . Pakistan voilated the LOC in Kargil while in Siachen there was any.Also India was on peace table with Pakistan and Kashmir was definitely a issue ( which wasnt the case when Siachen occured). This also lends weight to the fact that Pakistan back stabbed India.

As far as Kargil being a debacle or a lost oppurtunity is concerned then the material and non material losses stand a testimony to a judgement which tilts in favour of it being a debacle.Pakistan lost a large number of troops and a lot in its international standing. Since Kargil things havent been the same for PA and Pakistan in general who is now facing an internal war. However its pleasing to see that Pakistan is coping well with terrorists ( thank goodness there hasnt been any major terrorist attack in past month). Hope Pakistan can recover well and be on a speedy road to recovery but first and foremost she needs to get rid of fundamentalist elements of the society,they are definitely TNT.

Also it wasnt a good experience for IA as well , though an eye opening one. The then PM had a lot of guts to retailiate and for that he needs to be admired.

Back
Top Bottom