What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

PAF K-8 armed version
View attachment 547684
Have seen the aircraft fitted for light ground attack role for foreign forces before but this is PAF K8 fitted with US sidewinder AIM-9 AAM. Picture taken during motorway landings operation/exercise.

18582000_293314727783029_6670230604121192296_n-jpg.398439

PAF K-8 armed version
View attachment 547684
Have seen the aircraft fitted for light ground attack role for foreign forces before but this is PAF K8 fitted with US sidewinder AIM-9 AAM. Picture taken during motorway landings operation/exercise.

@HRK @Dazzler @Bilal Khan 777 @Rashid Mahmood @araz

K8 is used for ADA and VP air defence during tension periods. It is fully integrated and qualified with AIM9 and other AAMs and AGBs such as the Mk80 series for air support to ground troops.

Don't think that there is a Radar o K-8, you don't need a Radar for heat Seeking missile.

I have always wondered why hasn't PAC / AVIC gone for a Single Seat K-8 like that of Hawk 100 series. Provisioned with couple of Triple ejector racks, armed with 6 odd KD-10/KD-10A type missile could be very decent Anti-Armor force working as Second Tier behind / under cover of the JF-17 / F-16 etc.

Don't think that there is a Radar o K-8, you don't need a Radar for heat Seeking missile.

I have always wondered why hasn't PAC / AVIC gone for a Single Seat K-8 like that of Hawk 100 series. Provisioned with couple of Triple ejector racks, armed with 6 odd KD-10/KD-10A type missile could be very decent Anti-Armor force working as Second Tier behind / under cover of the JF-17 / F-16 etc.
It is called lack of foresight and my complaint on the complacency as this remained an orphaned project which could have been taken a long way still.

there was a COIN version of the K8 what happened to it?

Super Mushshak also not armed

overall good moves

there was a COIN version of the K8 what happened to it?

Super Mushshak also not armed

overall good moves
For the later, there is a thread; it was always possible and i think they did demo it.

q-9.jpg

Everything is possible. With new Al-222-28 engine, K-8 can be very dangerous too.

Back
Top Bottom