What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

Maybe that is the eventual need but there is no room for 80 K-8s while we still have T-37s being operated. Perhaps once those are gone additional K-8s will join the rank? I could have outdated info as well but I have not read about additional K-8s anywhere that I can recall.

Maybe that is the eventual need but there is no room for 80 K-8s while we still have T-37s being operated. Perhaps once those are gone additional K-8s will join the rank? I could have outdated info as well but I have not read about additional K-8s anywhere that I can recall.

Per paf history / Allen Warren new paf book
19 k8 at 1 fcu
20 at ajt at academy

I [emoji848] another 30-40 k-8 would be needed at min to replace the wing at academy operating t-37s unless the ajt sqn is counted as well then another 20 -25 or so

Paf total req initially was about 70-75
1 fcu plus a wing of t-37s needing replacement

Paf history did mention eventually k-8 to replace t-37 down the road question is when and ho many ?? ;)

Per paf history / Allen Warren new paf book
19 k8 at 1 fcu
20 at ajt at academy

I [emoji848] another 30-40 k-8 would be needed at min to replace the wing at academy operating t-37s unless the ajt sqn is counted as well then another 20 -25 or so

Paf total req initially was about 70-75
1 fcu plus a wing of t-37s needing replacement

Paf history did mention eventually k-8 to replace t-37 down the road question is when and ho many ?? ;)
No more K8s in the short and medium term.

DZJuuw-WkAAK-8w.jpg

DZJutakWsAAu3np.jpg

No more K8s in the short and medium term.
why not? if i may ask. T-37s are completely obsolete in terms of age and hand me downs. Is there plan to induct Hurkus or similar?

why not? if i may ask. T-37s are completely obsolete in terms of age and hand me downs. Is there plan to induct Hurkus or similar?

PAF academy yearly intake of cadets remain the same so there is no need to increase the inventory for trainer aircraft. PAF has a huge surplus of spares and engines for the T37 (S.Korea, US and Turkey) so these aircraft will serve the PAF for some time to come. Hurkus could be a possibility if the terms are right (potentially expensive)

PAF academy yearly intake of cadets remain the same so there is no need to increase the inventory for trainer aircraft. PAF has a huge surplus of spares and engines for the T37 (S.Korea, US and Turkey) so these aircraft will serve the PAF for some time to come. Hurkus could be a possibility if the terms are right (potentially expensive)
Yes true. but remember cost of operating a turboprop is far lower.

Yes true. but remember cost of operating a turboprop is far lower.
But the cost of spare stock, training ease and existing logistics infrastructure outweigh the benefits for now.

T-37s and K-8s serve different speed brackets.

Back
Top Bottom