What's new

Karachi vs Mumbai

It seems that many ill-informed members on here are excessively fixating on the slums in Mumbai and whilst this is true the fact of the matter is that these slums are sitting on land worth billions and as part of the laws in Mumbai any developer wanting to develop on these sites has to relocate the slum inhabitants into suitable apartment buildings. As such within 10-15 years all these "slums" in Mumbai will be a thing of the past AND the (former) inhabitants will be living in apartments many in Pakistan could only dream of.

Anyone interested in this only need google "Mumbai slum rehabilitation project"

@Bombaywalla you are the only one I know on here who actually lives in Mumbai so could you tell our fellow members about the ground reality and the speed at which Mumbai is truly changing?

Mate, I can show them things that'll blow their minds (no pun intended), but those who want to fixate on the (fast-depleting numbers of) slums and poverty, will continue to do so unabated. The changes I've witnesses since moving back to the home country a few years ago have left me shocked in a good way, and has fueled my interest in infrastructure, urban development etc. Where there were once slums, there are now fancy towers for the rich, sitting right next to middle income and low income housing, parks and gardens, all connected by better roads, both older and the more modern mass transit systems, all coexisting happily. Let's not forget the new airport terminals that are nothing short of awesome.

The city has gotten a LOT cleaner, it's still as safe as ever, and has some of the best restaurants, clubs, bars, and entertainment options, similar to any other major world city. Speaking of safety: if i were to drop you off in the middle of the night, in the middle of Dharavi, and driving off leaving you to fend for yourself, you'd find a bunch of people coming to your aid, offering you what they can, and they'll make sure you're taken care of. That's the real Bombay.

The 'Mumbai - city of dreams' thread should be enough to indicate just some of these changes that Bombayites witness on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Mumbai few square miles of delusion in a desert of hungry and dirty giant slum:coffee:

Suwar k khaabon mein sirf tatti. Beauty lies in the eyes of the visitor matey. I have been to almost all of the major cities in India, Mumbai stands out of all, it's jaadu nagari (magical place) ..... the moment u land in Mumbai ur watch seems to run slow and people fast. Everyone is busy in their own busy and congested schedules, but none I met in Mumbai who had enough time to not help me out. food and hospitality of that place can charm any visitor be it domestic or international.

The city I enjoyed the most Kolkata. City of Joy in its true essence. Full of culture and history just like Mumbai.

Bangalore is city of hustle bustle till 9 pm then it drops dead as all the IT geeks go to bed. weekends it's just like we have 2 days to compensate for next 5 days of cubical job so let's party harder than our jobs.

Delhi. :D kaminey log (GURU DUTT) jaisey logon se dur raho, no wonder it's capital city of India, all palitcks peopals headkaaters.

Chennai. If u start ur first day with Hindi for conversation with locals make sure you are prepared every eventuality, cause people may think that you are bad mouthing them. seriously for them Hindi sounds like slang and irritating. Best way to get used to a place and people get used to you is "learn Tamil" ASAP! ...... Kings of hospitality. Lovely culture again.

Panaji. a tourist place, capital city of Goa state. state full of beaches, most of the beaches are over crowded and some are really silent and worth of every penny you spend . Come November I'm taking part in the carnival, and if anyone's @GURU DUTT intersted can let me know. I'm good at surprising people.

Jaipur. If ure a foodie and like dying in extreme temperatures best place. Traditionally and historically very sober place.

Can't type enough, literally STONED :D

to aap hi bata do sirji is karachies GDP better than mumbai or does karachi have 24 non stop power supply :azn:
65% karachi is no load shedding area, 35% areas have load shedding. These are areas where there is electricity theft.

That is the ridiculous most approach.Both cities have different circumstances,problems and challenges,as a consequence of which both have different plus and minus point.It is like comparing apples with oranges.Anyways,I will enjoy if I visit mumbai and so any Indian who will visit karachi,will love this city of lights.End of the story.
There is a limit for chest thumping.shame

regards

If your looking for road infrastructure go to Lahore.

Try Hyderabad Outer Ring Road ( 8 lanes + 4 service lanes )

DSCN4036.jpg

1376364_646031422096623_1067742727_n.jpg

Or Delhi NCR - the urban agglomeration with the best transport infrastructure in South Asia

DelhiFlyover_EDITED.jpg

20925039626_65b1dfd129_o.png

I recently watched a BBC 4-part series on the Mumbai suburban network

post links bro !! :agree:

Try Hyderabad Outer Ring Road ( 8 lanes + 4 service lanes )

DSCN4036.jpg

1376364_646031422096623_1067742727_n.jpg

Or Delhi NCR - the urban agglomeration with the best transport infrastructure in South Asia

DelhiFlyover_EDITED.jpg
Comparing India with Pakistan would be lowest level...so ignore pakistani & Bangladeshi nuts....they are happy that we(Indian) are responding to their shit :hitwall::hitwall:

Why is Mumbai skyline so freaking ugly? Not even joking it looks like shit. All of the buildings are old residential wannabe skyscrapers. Mumbai is also quite filthy. If I took a stroll just a mile I'd be in contact with hundreds of diseases. How do people live in such a dirty city?

Just like you are not dead in a jihadi attack by now in pakistan. :lol:

waiting for Rail pics, Roads aren't best example for development

Karachi generates a revenue 70% of the revenue for a country of 180 mil .. can mumbai compete here with us .. indian members enlighten us please

Back
Top Bottom