What's new

Karachi vs Mumbai

Sure it has infrastructure, but nothing compared to Islamabad.

Islamabad population is 1 million right ?

Eastern Freeway Mumbai

Eastern%2520Freeway%2520Flyover.JPG

B_Id_393348_freeway.jpg

india's population is 10 times bigger than japan with a landmass 10 times larger than japan too,but its economy is smaller than a 1/2 of japan,if indians aren't a bunch of imbeciles,who else more fit that title more perfectly than indians do?:rofl:

You know what is pretty nice, well at least in my opinion? It's that car ownership in B'bay city and its suburbs is the lowest in India, and is probably lower than Karachi's. This just means that more people use public transport here heralding the beginnings of a truly global metropolis. A developed city is one in which the vast majority of its denizens use public transport! We are well on our way there one step at a time.
I recently watched a BBC 4-part series on the Mumbai suburban network, at first I was fearing it would be the typical BBC anti-India propaganda but what I saw was most impressive! The network is incredibly well maintained, well run, highly automated and modern in many ways. All that needs to happen is for the trains to be of similar quality to those seen on the Delhi or even Mumbai Metros- I know this is a big ask but it needs to be done. The stations of the Suburban network also need to be modernised and this is in hand I am told (Seawoods station looks incredible). All in all, epic!

With a 118Km metro coming up, an improving public bus system and improving roads Mumbai is becoming world class in infrastructure. Delhi is still MILES ahead but good to see others catching up and the financial capital os India deserves much better.

I recently watched a BBC 4-part series on the Mumbai suburban network, at first I was fearing it would be the typical BBC anti-India propaganda but what I saw was most impressive! The network is incredibly well maintained, well run, highly automated and modern in many ways. All that needs to happen is for the trains to be of similar quality to those seen on the Delhi or even Mumbai Metros- I know this is a big ask but it needs to be done. The stations of the Suburban network also need to be modernised and this is in hand I am told (Seawoods station looks incredible). All in all, epic!

With a 118Km metro coming up, an improving public bus system and improving roads Mumbai is becoming world class in infrastructure. Delhi is still MILES ahead but good to see others catching up and the financial capital os India deserves much better.

Let's hope that with the introduction of AC rakes on the suburban lines, the mass-procurement of modern carriages gets a much-needed push. Although Delhi's Metro and DTC services are top notch, public transport in B'bay is still more efficient. Just saying. :)

It seems that many ill-informed members on here are excessively fixating on the slums in Mumbai and whilst this is true the fact of the matter is that these slums are sitting on land worth billions and as part of the laws in Mumbai any developer wanting to develop on these sites has to relocate the slum inhabitants into suitable apartment buildings. As such within 10-15 years all these "slums" in Mumbai will be a thing of the past AND the (former) inhabitants will be living in apartments many in Pakistan could only dream of.

Anyone interested in this only need google "Mumbai slum rehabilitation project"

@Bombaywalla you are the only one I know on here who actually lives in Mumbai so could you tell our fellow members about the ground reality and the speed at which Mumbai is truly changing?

Back
Top Bottom