What's new

Karachi Violence .. Updates & Discussion ..

PPP should let MQM handle law and order , assign them the interior ministry and watch the show , Rangers and police have become useless they should handover their weapons to karachietes and let us patrol for security , the personal employed with rangers and police should go back to their respective villages and towns whereever they came from.

Google for revenue figures yar , and yeah best wishes and hope you also get to feel piece of action in your back yard.

bhai i am very very dumb i can't use google can you find me a source! sayign karachi pays 60%??? but please some actual factual source!! because clearly karachi cannot give more tax then sailkot!

because i know the following:

Punjab has always contributed the most to the national economy of Pakistan. Punjab's economy has quadrupled since 1972.[27] Its share of Pakistan's GDP was 54.7% in 2000 and 59% as of 2010. It is especially dominant in the Service & Agriculture sectors of the Pakistan Economy. With its contribution ranging from 52.1% to 64.5% in the Service Sector and 56.1% to 61.5% in the Agriculture Sector. It is also major manpower contributor because it has largest pool of professionals and highly skilled (Technically trained) manpower in Pakistan. It is also dominant in the Manufacturing sector, though the dominance is not as huge, with historical contributions raging from a low of 44% to a high of 52.6%.[28] In 2007, Punjab achieved a growth rate of 7.8%[29] and during the period 2002-03 to 2007-08, its economy grew at a rate of between 7% to 8% per year.[30] and during 2008-09 grew at 6% against the total GDP growth of Pakistan at 4%.

^^^

bhai yeh parhiyaay

News:: Anti-Altaf Hussain statement, Violence in Sindh, Eight Killed

Zulfiqar Mirza's complete speech about Altaf,Isharat Ibad and MQM's criminals - YouTube

where in his statement did he say anything against a qaum?? he was talking against eshrat-ul-ebad & Altaf being terrorist!

Again...:hitwall:

Aray bhai, what I am saying that it is not the first time who has said against AH. before IK used the same words against AH, Ch. Nisar said against AH but there was no violence / burning. In his statement he said 'Bhookay nangay log' and 'in kambakhton' say jaan churao.

If you see the video, he himself is talking about the two groups of PPP of liyari.

PPP should let MQM handle law and order , assign them the interior ministry and watch the show , Rangers and police have become useless they should handover their weapons to karachietes and let us patrol for security , the personal employed with rangers and police should go back to their respective villages and towns whereever they came from.

karachi people already have guns betters than rangers and police! and they have already taken the law and order situation in their hands!

& your last line well i guess next you will announce a country of your own with the MQM flag?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Again...:hitwall:

Aray bhai, what I am saying that it is not the first time who has said against AH. before IK used the same words against AH, Ch. Nisar said against AH but there was no violence / burning. In his statement he said 'Bhookay nangay log' and 'in kambakhton' say jaan churao.

If you see the video, he himself is talking about the two groups of PPP of liyari.

he said bhookay nangay loog to altaf & his thugs! and besides when chaudry nisar said something waseem akhtar called ch.nisar's leader

ladkiyan phasani hain s*x ki goliyan leta hai :rofl: ganjaa!

bhai i am very very dumb i can't use google can you find me a source! sayign karachi pays 60%??? but please some actual factual source!! because clearly karachi cannot give more tax then sailkot!

because i know the following:

Punjab has always contributed the most to the national economy of Pakistan. Punjab's economy has quadrupled since 1972.[27] Its share of Pakistan's GDP was 54.7% in 2000 and 59% as of 2010. It is especially dominant in the Service & Agriculture sectors of the Pakistan Economy. With its contribution ranging from 52.1% to 64.5% in the Service Sector and 56.1% to 61.5% in the Agriculture Sector. It is also major manpower contributor because it has largest pool of professionals and highly skilled (Technically trained) manpower in Pakistan. It is also dominant in the Manufacturing sector, though the dominance is not as huge, with historical contributions raging from a low of 44% to a high of 52.6%.[28] In 2007, Punjab achieved a growth rate of 7.8%[29] and during the period 2002-03 to 2007-08, its economy grew at a rate of between 7% to 8% per year.[30] and during 2008-09 grew at 6% against the total GDP growth of Pakistan at 4%.

He is talking about tax collection.

In line with its status as a major port and the country's largest metropolis, it accounts for a lion's share of Pakistan's revenue generation. According to the Pakistan Federal Board of Revenue's 2006-2007 year book tax and customs units in Karachi was responsible for 46.75% of direct taxes, 33.65% of federal excise tax, and 23.38% of domestic sales tax.[1] Karachi also accounts for 75.14% of customs duty and 79% of sales tax on imports.[1] Therefore, Karachi collects a significant 53.38% of the total collections of the Federal Board of Revenue, out of which 53.33% are customs duty and sales tax on imports.[1] (Note: Revenue collected from Karachi includes revenue from some other areas since the Large Tax Unit (LTU) Karachi and Regional Tax Offices (RTOs) Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur and Quetta cover the entire province of Sindh and Baluchistan).[1] Karachi's indigenous contribution to national revenue is 25%.[3]

No personal remarks yar lets try not use such words it will help keep the conversation civil .. now coming back to the source by actual factual you mean takbeer or nawa-e-waqt ?

He is talking about tax collection.

In line with its status as a major port and the country's largest metropolis, it accounts for a lion's share of Pakistan's revenue generation. According to the Pakistan Federal Board of Revenue's 2006-2007 year book tax and customs units in Karachi was responsible for 46.75% of direct taxes, 33.65% of federal excise tax, and 23.38% of domestic sales tax.[1] Karachi also accounts for 75.14% of customs duty and 79% of sales tax on imports.[1] Therefore, Karachi collects a significant 53.38% of the total collections of the Federal Board of Revenue, out of which 53.33% are customs duty and sales tax on imports.[1] (Note: Revenue collected from Karachi includes revenue from some other areas since the Large Tax Unit (LTU) Karachi and Regional Tax Offices (RTOs) Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur and Quetta cover the entire province of Sindh and Baluchistan).[1] Karachi's indigenous contribution to national revenue is 25%.[3]

source again is wikipedia?????? great!!! let me go change figures to 100% tax

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

No personal remarks yar lets try not use such words it will help keep the conversation civil .. now coming back to the source by actual factual you mean takbeer or nawa-e-waqt ?

no brother i meant not takbeer or nawa-e-waqt anything international or anything from federal board of reserve paksitan must surely have the figures.

we are moving away from the point the killings in karachi! which MQM admits to carrying weapons just like PPP & ANP and yet MQM claims it is not taking part in any of the 100s of killigns that take place in karachi!

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Well you yourself posted from wikipedia?

this is the link which you posted about Punjab.
Punjab, Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

well i never claimed 60% tax revenue one of your MQM friends did. punjab was my reference point.

Google for revenue figures yar , and yeah best wishes and hope you also get to feel piece of action in your back yard.

oh well I will look into it, we might not be as lucky as you Karachites will always be !!

Common people targeted as violence flares

KARACHI, At least 30 people were found shot dead mainly in south and west districts of the city on Thursday, most of them police said were kidnapped before being tortured and shot in a renewed wave of violence that mostly targeted daily wage-earners and common men.

Apart from bullet-riddled bodies, mostly found stuffed in gunny bags, an armed clash between two groups in New Karachi and a gun attack in North Nazimabad left three people dead and another wounded. The city police chief saw ‘ethnic colour’ in the brutal trend and blamed criminal gangs from both sides targeting people on ethnic grounds.

In the early hours of the day, three men were found shot dead in Sector 19-D of Baldia Town. One of them was identified as Liaquat Zafar Farooqi, a fire officer employed at the Lyari fire station situated in the Meeran Naka area.

“The bodies were found near Sabri Masjid,” said an official at the Baldia Town police station. “The other victim was identified as 57-year-old Azeemullah. Fire officer Liaquat was kidnapped on Wednesday evening along with his colleague Irfan. Irfan was later found badly wounded in another area.”

An hour later two bodies stuffed in gunny bags were found near the zoological garden. An official at the Solider Bazaar police station said the bullet-riddled bodies of the young men with their throats slit were found along the walls of the zoo.

“One of the victims was identified as Noman, a Baldia Town resident. The other one remained unidentified,” added the official.

Within the next couple of hours, seven bodies of young men were found in two different areas that came as a rude shock both
to area people and the law-enforcers. In the first incident, the police found the three gunny bags stuffed with bodies lying in the Kakri Ground in Lyari on Nawab Muhammad Road.

“The victims were identified as Rao Nasir, Zubair Waheed and Junaid Islam. They were residents of Sector 10 of Orangi Town.

They were employed at shops in the Kharadar area and we firmly believe that they were kidnapped late Wednesday night
while returning home,” said an official at the Baghdadi police station.

Almost the same scene was witnessed in Shershah, where a pickup (CP-5584) was found abandoned near Pankha Hotel. The vehicle was carrying four blood-stained gunny bags in which the police found bodies.

“The victims were identified as Mudassir Ghayyur, Javed Jameel, Imran Sattar and an unidentified man. The three persons worked for a cellphone company and were on a regular technical assignment in Lyari area on Wednesday when they went missing,” said an official at the Shershah police station, adding that the victims were New Karachi residents.

There was no end to the trend, as even after sunrise the volunteers of the charity organisations kept transporting bodies stuffed in gunny bags to the mortuary mainly of the Civil Hospital Karachi from different areas. In an early morning incident the bodies of two young friends were found in gunny bags in Agra Taj Colony.

“The bags were spotted on Mirza Adam Khan Road. Hands and legs of the two victims were tied with ropes and there were also visible marks of torture on their bodies. Both victims in their mid-20s remained unidentified,” said an official at the Kalri police station.

Two more bags carrying bodies were found along the railway tracks near the Wazir Mansion station. An official at the City Railways police station said the victims were identified as Zeeshan Iqbal and Shahzeb Faisal.

“The two were friends and residents of a New Karachi locality. They had come to see Zeeshan’s maternal uncle on Wednesday evening in a car and went missing while returning home in the night,” he added.

In Sector 7 of Saeedabad two men were found shot dead. The bodies of 48-year-old Abdul Waheed and 22-year-old Zubairuddin were dumped in Dawood Goth after being stuffed in gunny bags. Both were residents of Sector 12 of Baldia Town.

Another young man, later identified as Muhammad Yasir, was found shot in the same circumstances again in Saeedabad near Shahra-i-Waqas. The 26-year-old victim was a resident of Sector 5-J of Baldia Town.

A head constable of the city police was found shot dad in the SITE area. An official at the SITE-B police station said 37-year-old Muhammad Ejaz was found shot dead near an industrial unit.

“Shot twice, he had been badly tortured. He was posted as the head constable at the New Town police station and lived in the Garden police lines. He was the father of four,” he added.

A gunny bag-stuffed body was also found in Lasbella.

A Rizvia police station official said the body of an unknown victim was found under the Lasbella bridge near Shahjehanabad. Similarly, a 52-year-old man found shot dead in the Manghpir area along the Northern Bypass.

“The victim has been identified as Nabi Bakhsh and resident of the nearby Ali Muhammad Goth,” said an official at the Manghopir police station. A young man remained unidentified whose gunny bag-stuffed body was found near Fatima Jinnah
College on Chand Bibi Road within the remit of the Nabi Bux police station.

The same was the case of another body found within the remit of the SITE-B police station, who remained unidentified.

In Orangi Town, a young man recently released from prison was found shot dead. An Orangi Town police official said Javed Baloch alias Crazy was found shot dead in Sector 8-L of Orangi near the Qatar Hospital.

In New Karachi armed clash between two groups left two young men dead. One of the victims was an activist of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Pakistan.

“The firing incident was witnessed in Sector 11-G. The firing left Dastageer Ahmed and Taufeeq Hussain killed,” said an official at the Taimuria police station.

The spokesman for the JUP said Dastageer was a party worker.Similarly, a rickshaw driver was gunned down in Block S, North Nazimabad. An official at the Shahrah-i-Noor Jehan police station said 42-year-old Abdul Rasheed had sustained five bullet wounds fired by gunmen riding a motorbike.

After few hours lull, armed attacks reemerged in the night. Within the remit of the Gulistan-i-Jauhar police station, 28-year-old Ghulam Shabbir was gunned down by motorcycle riders near his home in Hussain Hazara Goth.

In New Karachi Sector 11-D, a paan shop-owner was gunned when he was busy in his regular work. A spokesman for the Pakistan People’s Party condemned the incident saying 40-year-old victim Muhammad Younus was a PPP worker.

Intense firing in Sherpao Colony of Landhi left a young man dead and over a dozen injured, including women and a six-year-old boy. An official at the Quaidabad police station said the dead had been identified as Muhammad Qasim while all the injured were shifted to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for treatment.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Sharp rise in roadside dumping of bodies

karachi-deaths-543-.jpg

KARACHI: An alarming increase in the dumping of corpses by the roadside in different parts of the city has been witnessed this year, said police and rescue workers.

The phenomenon common in the 1990s seems to have returned with the mere difference that plastic bags have replaced the old jute bags, which were used to dump bodies then.

Often the bodies that initially remained unidentified had torture marks or gunshot wounds, police and hospital sources said.

While the killings and the subsequent dumping of bodies became more frequent during the bouts of political or ethnic violence, their occurrence did not stop even during relatively peaceful days, law-enforcement officials said.

According to police records, 1,241 people were killed during the last seven months in the city, while last year the metropolis had witnessed a total of 1,339 killings.

“Yes, there is a sharp surge in the number of bodies being found every day in the city,” said Anwer Kazmi, a senior official of the Edhi Foundation. He added the occurrence had increased many times this year.

Initially these bodies remained unidentified but once legal formalities were completed they were shifted to the Edhi morgue where families turned up and identified the bodies of their loved ones in most cases, he explained.

The senior functionary of the country`s largest charity said: “On a daily average, two bodies were found lying abandoned in different parts of the city this year.”

The last month, however, was an exception with more than 300 killings in different localities of the metropolis, he added.

Mr Kazmi said the morgue mostly remained full to capacity these days, bearing evidence of the recent rise in the number of bodies found stuffed in gunny bags and dumped by the roadside.

A rescue worker said that most of the bodies found stuffed in gunny bags bore torture marks or a gunshot wound. “It has been noticed that the bodies recovered from gunny bags often had a single bullet in the head that caused the death,” said a medico-legal officer of the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre.

Ramzan Chippa, the patron of what can be described as the city’s second largest ambulance network, also acknowledged the fact that the phenomenon had increased sharply during the current year.

The number of bodies being found in the city had increased in recent months, he said.

Back
Top Bottom