What's new

Karachi violence leaves at least 16 dead; Rangers conduct operation in Lyar

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Karachi violence leaves at least 16 dead; Rangers conduct operation in Lyari - DAWN.COM

KARACHI: The killing spree continued unabated in Karachi on Friday, claiming lives of at least 16 people, including a Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) MPA, and injuring at least eight others.

According to police, unidentified gunmen opened fire in North Nazimabad, killing MQM leader Sajid Qureshi and his son Waqas Qureshi.

In latest incident of violence, four people were gunned down in Korangi's Bilal Colony. When police reached there to control the situation, they were targeted with hand grenades. At least four police officials were reportedly injured in the attack.

Eye witnesses told DawnNews that miscreants were riding motorcycles and fled away from the site immediately after attacking the police.

Sources in police suggested that the attack was carried out through a home-made hand grenade, in which ball-bearings and nut-bolts were also used.

The incident spread fear among the local residents. Injured and deceased were shifted to JPMC.

In another incident, a police official at Shah Faisal Colony Police Station, said that unidentified motorcyclists opened fire near a shopping mall in Shah Faisal Colony No-1, killing a seminary teacher. The deceased was identified as 35-year-old Yasir Hassan Qureshi, son of Zaheer Qureshi. He was shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) for an autopsy.

Meanwhile, rescue sources said that two bodies of unidentified men were recovered from Ibrahim Hyderi. The bodies bore marks of severe torture. The victims could not be identified till filing of this news. They were also shifted to JPMC for a post-mortem.

Another mutilated body of a 25-year-old man was recovered from Akber Market in Shershah. It was shifted to Civil Hospital Karachi for autopsy.

Separately, body of a 30-year-old man, identified as Wasif, was recovered beneath the Lasbella Bridge.

Unidentified gunmen opened fire in Ghas Mandi area of Lyari, killing Nadeem, 40, and injuring Al Ameer. The body and injured were shifted to Civil Hospital.

Another unidentified man was gunned down in Mirza Adam Khan Road in Agra Taj Colony.

Unidentified men opened fire in Ghas Bandar area, within the limits of Kemari Town, killing Altaf, 30.

A Mubina Town Police official said that unidentified motorcyclists opened fire on a 30-year-old Imran, son of Ali Marjan, near Scouts Colony on Abul Hassan Ispahani Road, killing him on the spot. Imran was a local resident and was an active member of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ). The victim was shifted to JPMC for an autopsy. Another unidentified man was gunned down in Bhens Colony.

Moreover, four people received bullet wounds in separate incidents of firing in Saddar Town near Café Student, Gulbai Chowk, Mauripur Road and Ranchor Line areas of the metropolis.

Rangers operation in Lyari

Rangers have apprehended 20 criminals, including a key accused in Arshad Pappu murder case, during an operation in Sango Lane area in the city’s troubled Lyari neighbourhood.

According to Rangers spokesman, the paramilitary force raided several houses in Sango Lane and arrested 20 criminals, including Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Police, Ali Baqir. Baqir was the prime suspect in the murder case of Arshad Pappu.

The spokesman said that three abductees identified as Hasan, Shehryar and Muhammad Umar were also recovered from the custody of the accused.

He said that Muhammad Umar, son of a retired Lieutenant of Army and resident of Defence, was kidnapped on June 13. The accused had demanded Rs 20 million ransom for his release.

Meanwhile, Rangers denied reports that the paramilitary force had conducted a raid at the residence of Uzair Jan Baloch, chief of the banned People’s Amn Committee (PAC).

Karachi would be peaceful as soon as its purged of MQM and their terrorist designs. Its the only party that gets away with almost anything even on the media nobody dares to speak a word against them due to fear of being gunned down. They get their own workers and even unwanted leaders killed to gain sympathy while issuing threats on live tv to the people of Karachi. Since Altaf Hussain has a long lost love for Karachi why doesn't he stop acting as a gutless coward and instead of giving televised addressed from London get back to where he aims to rule.

Karachi would be peaceful as soon as its purged of MQM and their terrorist designs. Its the only party that gets away with almost anything even on the media nobody dares to speak a word against them due to fear of being gunned down. They get their own workers and even unwanted leaders killed to gain sympathy while issuing threats on live tv to the people of Karachi. Since Altaf Hussain has a long lost love for Karachi why doesn't he stop acting as a gutless coward and instead of giving televised addressed from London get back to where he aims to rule.

I was under the impression that there is very strong presence of TTP in Karachi now...

tum lahore waalon ko itni khujli q hoti he MQM its beyond my understanding

we karachiites dont worry about lahore a lot or punjab, why is there a paranoia about karachi from lahoris and punjab people?

the guy from lahore gave us the present situation

what makes you comment about karachi like we even care about what you think

go enjoy with your nangi tind

we karachiites dont worry about lahore a lot, why is there a paranoia about karachi from lahoris and punjab people?

honestly humein koi khujli nahin hai MQM say if you would have your eyes opened instead of living in a bubble you would have seen it too and stop making it a "punjab has a paranoia about Karachi" sort of thing we aren't imagining the way people are being killed everyday and MQM was the ruling party there in the past 5 years yet all you ever heard from their leaders was declaring "youm-e-Saug". And not to mention blame PPP while they still were in alliance with them just because they walked out days before the caretaker government was announced and started blaming everyone they could think of doesn't make them innocent its makes them responsible.

we karachiites dont worry about lahore a lot or punjab, why is there a paranoia about karachi from lahoris and punjab people?

your in denial open your eyes bro.
leave this party and save your city. this party is nothing but evil, do you not have a heart? every day over a dozen people dead in karachi because of mqm

If you don't have anything logical to say than atleast behave while you speak.

i dont need to say to utter ignorant people who know little about their country outside lahore and come talking like an ignorant person

next time do a ittle research about the subject you wanna talk?

i dont need to say to utter ignorant people who know little about their country outside lahore and come talking like an ignorant person

next time do a ittle research about the subject you wanna talk?

I never pretend to know all unlike most people overhere and if you can't reply decently to a person than your right you don't need to utter anything.

I sincerely thought with the new government around the corner the law and order will improve especially in Karachi . I suggest more security persons are required in the first place !!

I never pretend to know all unlike most people overhere and if you can't reply decently to a person than your right you don't need to utter anything.

you are as ignorant in english as you are about the topic

you're not your

utter means complete, absolute, as an adjective not as a verb

your in denial open your eyes bro.
leave this party and save your city. this party is nothing but evil, do you not have a heart? every day over a dozen people dead in karachi because of mqm

I fail to understand people supporting mqm,arnt these people sick and tired of these thugs ruling karachi for ages.

I sincerely thought with the new government around the corner the law and order will improve especially in Karachi . I suggest more security persons are required in the first place !!

security persons?i say there should be an operation against these thugs,and see how karachi becomes peaceful.

you are as ignorant in english as you are about the topic

you're not your

utter means complete, absolute, as an adjective not as a verb

Avoid personal attacks and stay on topic,this is your second such post.:mod:

I fail to understand people supporting mqm,arnt these people sick and tired of these thugs ruling karachi for ages.

apparently not lol
i was talking to some people from karachi in rochester and most of them actually supported pti while there were some still defending mqm i was jesus christ wtf is wrong with these guys, after all they went through they want these thugs and i think its mainly becuase they want to support their own kind(mohajirs), something which they shouldnt becuase they not mohajirs anymore they pakistanis now.

apparently not lol
i was talking to some people from karachi in rochester and most of them actually supported pti while there were some still defending mqm i was jesus christ wtf is wrong with these guys, after all they went through they want these thugs and i think its mainly becuase they want to support their own kind(mohajirs), something which they shouldnt becuase they not mohajirs anymore they pakistanis now.

its all about your perception, people from karachi know the reality, you guys dont know any reality

those who support PTI are delusional, only MQM can fight for the karachi rights, its not about mohajir or not, its about the city, and many punjabis liing in karachi know this

before MQM it was jamaat and jamaat did nothing for karachi, same guys are now in PTI, same thing is also in KPK all those failed politicians are in PTI now, and frankly i dont see PTI succeed in KPK

MQM has the right organisation and the management to push for the city cause

we have seen that from 2002-2008, MQM did really well when it got the right authority, karachiites who voted PTI thought that the situation in karachi was because of MQM where as the reality is completely different from perception

Back
Top Bottom