What's new

Karachi Tops List of World's Fastest Growing Megacities

:lol: nice joke, i guess you need proper brain and education gigawatt ;)

Lahore is far better than Karachi while Indian cities are far better than Pakistan cities. Even looking at the vintage buses on the roads on Karachi give me the sense of suffocation.

Old parts are Delhi are unplanned, just like old crummy parts of Karachi. However Karachi has no equivalent to New Delhi, South Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida.

Its a fact. You can choose to live in denial.

sorry bro, you need to prove little more than that in town planning karachi is way ahead of dehli, i cant just simply believe that wht you are saying is the fact

previously you compared kolkata(shanty town) to karachi which is totally baseless and i proved how shanty town cant be compared to karachi

now here is hyderabad, another shanty town planning

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - Google Maps

now i dunno what you are reffering to town planning, but its pretty much evident how shanty town planning is this?

and this is dehli

Delhi, India - Google Maps

and this is karachi, you can zoon out even till entire city is visible and still you can detect the straight lines and symmetry

http://goo.gl/maps/AoVOZ

nice joke, i guess you need proper brain and education gigawatt

colombo is indeed world class, but i cant say about dehli

is this dehli :lol:

and this is colombo

this is kolkata

you can easily see the town planning, looks like a shanty town

and this is karachi's town planning

This is delhi

4871070373895e48dbb4b.jpg

6158915628_ffaef32926_b.jpg

gurgaonnh8girish.jpg

6223582232_bb51431298_b.jpg

115wj.jpg

564229_358733900868864_1762570624_n.jpg

22527379898365428083217.jpg

sorry bro, you need to prove little more than that in town planning karachi is way ahead of dehli, i cant just simply believe that wht you are saying is the fact

previously you compared kolkata(shanty town) to karachi which is totally baseless and i proved how shanty town cant be compared to karachi

now i dunno what you are reffering to town planning, but its pretty much evident how shanty town planning is this?

and this is dehli

and this is karachi, you can zoon out even till entire city is visible and still you can detect the straight lines and symmetry

Karachi, Pakistan - Google Maps

Nice cherry picking there, just show the DHA area of Karachi:lol:

and this is dehli

OMG are you an idiot to decide planning based on google maps? search for london and paris, they too look shanty by your logic :lol: or perhaps African cities will look 'planned'

and this is dehli

Karachi grew into a huge city after the massive influx of refugees after partition. So, you will see square shaped towns in Karachi that were designed in 47 to settle them, while Hyderabad, Delhi or Kolkata are historical cities even with that the basic infrastructure in our cities are better than your Karachi.

Even our railway stations looks better than your airports.

Kolkata is a shanty town??

the airport

8645361041_b0f5790559_b.jpg

Karachi airport

Karachi_Jinnah_Airport.jpg

The metro rail
4439_Kolkata-AC-jpg_104236.jpg

bl18_log_1kometro__1146803f.jpg

Karachi's equivalent system??

3465147148_cba01384f3_o.jpg

OMG are you an idiot to decide planning based on google maps? search for london and paris, they too look shanty by your logic :lol: or perhaps African cities will look 'planned'

here you go, london :lol:

london - Google Maps

paris

paris - Google Maps

anything more sir :lol:

Karachi grew into a huge city after the massive influx of refugees after partition. So, you will see square shaped towns in Karachi that were designed in 47 to settle them, while Hyderabad, Delhi or Kolkata are historical cities even with that the basic infrastructure in our cities are better than your Karachi.

Even our railway stations looks better than your airports.

dude, karachi didnt grew into refugee camp, it grew into a planned city

here you go, london :lol:

london - Google Maps

paris

paris - Google Maps

anything more sir :lol:

dude, karachi didnt grew into refugee camp, it grew into a planned city

your point? does the map tells anything about the city's ground structure? i would rather prefer comparing karachi with calcutta on google earth. perhaps they would look similar

new developing areas of Kolkata and projects

wp000131k.jpg

twintowerv2_04.jpg

245 metres tall
the424.jpg

210 metres tall
theparkii.jpg

your point? does the map tells anything about the city's ground structure? i would rather prefer comparing karachi with calcutta on google earth. perhaps they would look similar

whats the point of arguement here?

you said you wont see those lines and symmetry in london and paris i showed you

perhaps you need to think harder

NCR by far has the Best infrastructure in South Asia

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/204532-kya-dilli-kya-lahore-33.html#ixzz0Vdvs71CC

Rail based transport

It already have a superb Metro rail system
190 Km is operational...190 km is under construction...and another 100 km will be added before 2021
(phase IV)

It is also getting 100-200km of monorail network in a decade !!

It is planning a Regional Rapid Transit System ..... 150 km/hour highspeed commuter trains running on dedicated tracks at 10-minute intervals....
something like this

21944657.jpg

Delhi also have a BRTS system to augment the metro

Road Network

Delhi has excellent expressways like Yamuna expressway,Delhi Gurgaon expressway...
It also have excellent city roads

Airport

42822421.jpg

The airport master plan by 2025

Projects

There are a lot of major projects

Skyscrapers

Wave City centre noida-100 floors(site preparation)
Bryss Buzz-81 floor(proposed)
Supertech supernova 80 floor (site preparation)
Supertech North Eye 66 floor (under construction)
Gangotri

@darkinsky Our Railway station looks better than your major airports.

Your Karachi International Airport
3-21.jpg

Anand Vihar Railway Terminal, Delhi
2009120754220401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NCR by far has the Best infrastructure in South Asia

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/204532-kya-dilli-kya-lahore-33.html#ixzz0Vdvs71CC

Rail based transport

It already have a superb Metro rail system
190 Km is operational...190 km is under construction...and another 100 km will be added before 2021
(phase IV)

It is also getting 100-200km of monorail network in a decade !!

It is planning a Regional Rapid Transit System ..... 150 km/hour highspeed commuter trains running on dedicated tracks at 10-minute intervals....
something like this

21944657.jpg

Delhi also have a BRTS system to augment the metro

Road Network

Delhi has excellent expressways like Yamuna expressway,Delhi Gurgaon expressway...
It also have excellent city roads

Airport

42822421.jpg

The airport master plan by 2025

Projects

There are a lot of major projects

Skyscrapers

Wave City centre noida-100 floors(site preparation)
Bryss Buzz-81 floor(proposed)
Supertech supernova 80 floor (site preparation)
Supertech North Eye 66 floor (under construction)
Gangotri

you can develop your cities all you want but they will develop from a shanty town planning, so my dear point is not development but town planning

when you develop a city first of all you care is to plan the city, anybody can do the development, destroy it and then do new developments but the town planning cant be changed once the city is developed

all the developed cities in the world like london, paris, new york, etc have a well planned cities thats entirely my point here

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom