What's new

Karachi Tops List of World's Fastest Growing Megacities

The only parameter taken into consideration is population. No infrastructure, job creation, development etc is considered. I totally dismiss this as a proof of booming Pakistan.

That is Riaz Haq for you. Most of his threads are based on cherry picking and distortion of facts.

These motorways that you are bragging out today, were built in Pakistan back in the 90's, enough with the chest thumping.

You does not have a 6 km cable stay sealink even today

You does not have a 160 km 8-12 lane ring road even today(karachi is 4-6 lane right?)

Pakistanis should stop this at once.When they see any development and projects on Indian front,they start ruminating about their past...
Back in 1980 we had one rapid transit systems (kolkata),WTC mumbai was the tallest in south asia(since 1980),Nariman point was the highest commercial real estate rental space in the world in 1995,BEST was indeed the BEST back in 1980s-The same could be said for air India back then.We also had electrified rail tracks and high power electric locomotives.Better infra than this??You doesnt have this even today!!

karachi is better planned, more diverseboth culturally and geographically and has more potential but politics ruins every thing

karachi is better planned, more diverseboth culturally and geographically and has more potential but politics ruins every thing

Then where is the Infrastructure?
About the diversity part-I think Mumbai is much more diverse and vibrant

I know that.But the fact is that nearly all tier 1,tier2 and tiier 3 Indian citys have a modern glass and steel airport while tier 1 pakistani citys like Karachi and Lahore doesnt even have a plan for a modern airport in their radar

What wrong with Lahore ? FYI it is arguable one of the most historic cities in Asia. Yes the interior must improve however the exterior of the airport was designed while keeping culture in mind. If it is glass and steel we want then we won't be any different from the world.

ba37f5d54adf0750386f53cd75d8ab57_p.jpg

lhrairport1.jpg

You does not have a 6 km cable stay sealink even today
No we don't, but here is a little something, better thn nothing.
events_img15_01.jpg

83449368.jpg

555157_143362915842947_291105188_n.jpg

You does not have a 160 km 8-12 lane ring road even today(karachi is 4-6 lane right?)
Where do you want us to put 8-12 lane ring roads? karachi? most of its roads a signal free, lahore? already has a ring road.

What wrong with Lahore ? FYI it is arguable one of the most historic cities in Asia. Yes the interior must improve however the exterior of the airport was designed while keeping culture in mind. If it glass and steel we want then we won't be any different from the world.

Lahore-Airport-pakistan-31922847-500-378.jpg

lhrairport1.jpg

it looks like a carry over from the '60s.
look at bejing airport,doesnt it reflect chinese culture(the dragon)??this Mumbai airportwas also designed keeping our culture in mind-Inspired by Indias national bird peacock

http://www.ivaoindia.com/images/csia/image001.jpg

No we don't, but here is a little something, better thn nothing.
events_img15_01.jpg

83449368.jpg

555157_143362915842947_291105188_n.jpg

check out one of wolds highest railbridges,underconstruction in Jammu..

Where do you want us to put 8-12 lane ring roads? karachi? most of its roads a signal free, lahore? already has a ring road.

lahore ring road is just a 4-6 lane road,and most of delhi roads are signal free

it looks like a carry over from the '60s.
look at bejing airport,doesnt it reflect chinese culture(the dragon)??this Mumbai airportwas also designed keeping our culture in mind-Inspired by Indias national bird peacock

http://www.ivaoindia.com/images/csia/image001.jpg

Brick is part of our traditional Lahori architecture

Every city should be different. Please tell me why people die to visit Rome, Italy ?

Then where is the Infrastructure?
About the diversity part-I think Mumbai is much more diverse and vibrant

huh? you dont see the infrastructure?

karachi merey bhai is one of the most diverse cities in asia, we mohajirs alone represent entire india, and then there are ethnicities from pakistan and then bengladesh and then central asia, even iranians and chinese live in karachi, huge population of afghanistan, palestinians

mumbai has more tourists but if you see the diversity in native population karachi is very diverse

Our cities have a doubling time of less than 10 years. Such a rate of urbanization for not just Karachi, but all cities, is unsustainable.
Correct. The problems these cities would face in the very near future:

Water
Electricity consumption
Sanitation
Transport
Accommodation
Living space
Security
Garbage disposal
Road space
Cleanliness

A megacity sounds dandy on paper, but the problems are mind boggling! It could soon collapse under its own weight unless it has extremely efficient administration. Does Karachi have it? Seeing the chaos there, I doubt the administration will be up to it!

No good airport or public transit

karachi merey bhai is one of the most diverse cities in asia, we mohajirs alone represent entire india, and then there are ethnicities from pakistan and then bengladesh and then central asia, even iranians and chinese live in karachi, huge population of afghanistan, palestinians

see this...
Global city - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

see this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city

see this...

see this...

public transportation doesnt come under infrastructure, it comes under transportation, transit, mumbai is better in infrastructure but you said, infrastructure? now thats pretty dumb, you have no knowledge

about others please make your point short i have little time to read entire page

public transportation doesnt come under infrastructure, it comes under transportation, transit, mumbai is better in infrastructure but you said, infrastructure? now thats pretty dumb, you have no knowledge

Public transport,airports,roads etc does come under infra structure
bout others please make your point short i have little time to read entire page

Mumbai is an alpha world city considering factors like Economics,Political characteristics,Culture and infra while Karachi is beta world city

Public transport,airports,roads etc does come under infra structure

Mumbai is an alpha world city considering factors like Economics,Political characteristics,Culture and infra while Karachi is beta world city

sorry bro, no where did i brought comparison with economics and all, i said diversity, and you were discussing that too, please stick to the point

but i wasnt refering to the infrastructure in the first place i referred to city planning, karachi has much better city/town planning then any major indian city

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom