What's new

Karachi bakeries under fire for refusing to write Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a non story.

An individual staff member refused, customer complained, company owners took action against member of staff.

It can be but at the same time this is just a glimpse of where we are heading... Erdogan can participate with Jews Rabbis alliance of Turkey.. Can you imagine something of this sort in Pakistan ? We are probably only country after Afghanistan which is intolerant and perfect example of religious fanatics.
Kitchen has the right to refuse serve
........And Intl teams, investors, tourists also have the right to invest a dime in this backward country..

What next? Bakery under fire because they refused to have a beer.

Conservative/narrow minded call whatever you want, you cannot teach or preach Islamic values just because YOU think they are right. I work with the goras/Hindus/Christians for years and they understand it's forbidden in Islam so they respect that. Yahan k ullu k phattay jaahil apne ap ko Deen se ooper or aalim faazil samajhte hain.

And i have the right to throw a cake in their face.

So you are the extremist. You want everyone to follow in your footsteps and don't respect their beliefs. Get well soon!

What next? Bakery under fire because they refused to have a beer.

Conservative/narrow minded call whatever you want, you cannot teach or preach Islamic values just because YOU think they are right. I work with the goras/Hindus/Christians for years and they understand it's forbidden in Islam so they respect that. Yahan k ullu k phattay jaahil apne ap ko Deen se ooper or aalim faazil samajhte hain.
Oh .. another religious fanatic.. Overdozed extremist ideologies is killing these fanatics :D .. That's why you are the most backward people anywhere found on earth.. enjoy : )

You think if saying Merry christmas endagers your Islam then RIP your islam

Islam is not that weak! Grow up out of mullahs..

Ummah was only strong when it was strong in sciences away from these small things.

Your galaxy as 400 billion stars, worth to explore and you are wondering in tiny things whether saying merry christman will be OK for my religion or NOT .. LOL!

Imagine a bakery in UK not writing Eid Mubarak on a freaking cake, how big the outrage would be... everyone calling them islamophobic and see here LOL. Pathetic, trash country. This is what you did IK, you let extremism grow. We should be ashamed of ourself to call out any country including India on anything related to religion because we are hypocrites.
Lol .. what will you do if they refused to write eid mubarik on cake ?? What we did to francs after banning hijab in there country?? There country there rules our country our rules, simple

Im christian and i want that my faith is respected 100%. Easy concept, isnt it?
Exactly!.. So does jews or shias or wahabis or ahmadis or anybody else... But you know what this is too much to ask from religious fanatics of my beloved country.. They will understand these concepts lot later... they will take 100 more years.. my heart bleeds seeing my fellow men backwardness.

There country there rules our country our rules, simple

It's not a rule. Ask your MNA to get it passed from the parliament for it to become a rule.

But not in India as per PDF..

If it had happened in India then people say, hindus are evil... Started Crying for minorities..

You are one step ahead being a supa puwa 2020 that you are

Instead of refusing to write something on a cake you guys are directly attacking Christians every Sunday

Arrests, Beatings and Secret Prayers: Inside the Persecution of India’s Christians

It can be but at the same time this is just a glimpse of where we are heading... Erdogan can participate with Jews Rabbis alliance of Turkey.. Can you imagine something of this sort in Pakistan ? We are probably only country after Afghanistan which is intolerant and perfect example of religious fanatics.

........And Intl teams, investors, tourists also have the right to invest a dime in this backward country..

Actually i can. Tahir Ul Qadri has a massive following across Pakistan and he was singing christmas songs with Christian clergy. We shouldn't drown in the puddles of sorrow made out to be a sea. This is a deliberate media strategy, as if bigotry is something new in Pakistan. The truth is bigotry is and has been engrained in society in this part of the world, the only difference today is social media aunties get to call it out whilst applying fair and lovely, and have little dark skinned children washing their floors.

Think about these examples;

- how many people won't pray in the masjid of another sect
- we have different graveyards for muslims and non muslims
- how many people will marry from outside of their caste/tribe
- how many women buy skin lightening cream
- How many Muslims work as toilet cleaners

These examples have been around since before the creation of Pakistan.

My grandmother used to have hindu neighbours in Kashmir pre-partition. She said she was curious about what they were cooking and went and checked the pot of daal. They spotted it and considered it unclean now. They then bought a horse to sniff the pot and that restored it's cleansliness. We have not evolved away from such backwards beliefs entirely, it's very casual.

When I was a kid and i visited Pakistan some of my uncles would joke with me and ask me if i was a person or a barber? I would respond i am a person and they'd then remark "so you don't think barbers are people?" and laugh about it. It was a caste based joke because we're landowners (Jatt) and barbers are traditionally skilled workers. I didn't understand it, they didn't mean any harm by it, but it was a casual intolerant joke.

There was another one where to deflect nazar, if you found a child cute, you'd call them a choora. I only realised a few months ago how demeaning that term is when used in that way. They use it casually, no offence intended, but ultimately there is a strong under current of bigotry that allows for such things to still be said.

So like i said - the sky is not crashing around us, we have always had these problems and will continue to have into we introspect and act upon it. The social media reaction was a great example of this.

Lol .. what will you do if they refused to write eid mubarik on cake ?? What we did to francs after banning hijab in there country?? There country there rules our country our rules, simple

Which rule tells you to oppress the religious minorities? What do you gain from acting like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom