What's new

JY-27A radar spotted in Pakistan

I am glad you can see that. His words are as good as nothing. Can't even get basic right and act as he knows alot. The only thing he is good is polishing Americans boot.

We Pakistanis respect the great strides in all fields our Chinese brothers have made.

Can't even differential JY-27 radar and JY-27A and talk about topic which you are clueless? They arw miles apart in performance. What Syria have is a system made in 1997 compare to what Pakistan received is a total different modern radar build in 2017.

Just like some clueless so called expert who can claim KJL-7A radar is just a small improvement radar over KJL-7.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLJ-7

One is mechanical slot radar
View attachment 591163
Vs
One which is active passive radar
View attachment 591164

to the clueless people. They will claim it's small improvement only... Lol..
Did they allow you to inspect JY-27 variant in Syria in person? Don't try to play games of semantics with me.

Here:

images

You see Russian Nebo UE VHF band radar system in there? Do you think YJ-27A is better than that? It makes no difference.

US have spent billions of USD on VLO aspects of F-22A Raptor to reduce its rcs to around 0.0001 rcs level in order to make it extremely difficult to detect at all bands. Do the math.

Did they allow you to inspect JY-27 variant in Syria in person? Don't try to play games of semantics with me.

Here:

images

You see Russian Nebo UE VHF band radar system in there? Do you think YJ-27A is better than that? It makes no difference.

US have spent billions of USD on VLO aspects of F-22A Raptor to reduce its rcs to around 0.0001 rcs level in order to make it extremely difficult to detect at all bands. Do the math.

LOL, see how desperate how you try find a way out to save your embarrassment. What gibberish are you talking by asking me to go inspect Syria radar.

https://www.radartutorial.eu/19.kartei/02.surv/karte027.en.html

Plenty of information regards to this old radar which Syria bought many years ago.

img02-027-01.jpg

While this is the modern JY-27A radar display recently.

JY-27A.jpg

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/china-offers-anti-stealth-radars-for-export.460545/

You want to claim both is the same thing and then start your apple polishing for American technology how easily US beats China tech?

Members are advised to avoid personal attacks. Stick to the topic with productive & research based discussion. Every country has the merit of progress in respective domains and one can't ignore the fact. However, there are demerits and counter tactics as well hence, advancement by the nations be respected.

Regards,

Can't even differential JY-27 radar and JY-27A and talk about topic which you are clueless? They arw miles apart in performance. What Syria have is a system made in 1997 compare to what Pakistan received is a total different modern radar build in 2017.

Just like some clueless so called expert who can claim KJL-7A radar is just a small improvement radar over KJL-7.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLJ-7

One is mechanical slot radar
View attachment 591163
Vs
One which is active passive radar
View attachment 591164

to the clueless people. They will claim it's small improvement only... Lol..
This one is KLJ-7A:
img-88da42df82643c73bf851ae1be6905a6.jpg
img-fef9d494ece09d97491922af4c59464c.jpg

This one also is KLJ-7A:
img-1ee195a38a54d83c02c2f9028841aeea.jpg

And this one is also called KLJ-7A:
img-20181108204906580.jpg
img-20181108204906790.jpg

:p::p::p:

LOL, see how desperate how you try find a way out to save your embarrassment. What gibberish are you talking by asking me to go inspect Syria radar.

Plenty of information regards to this old radar which Syria bought many years ago.

img02-027-01.jpg

View attachment 591208

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/china-offers-anti-stealth-radars-for-export.460545/

You want to claim both is the same thing and then start your apple polishing for American technology how easily US beats China tech?

img02-027-01.jpg

View attachment 591208

Take a good look at following radar system.

images

4458765165_61173fc68c_o.jpg

It dwarf Chinese YJ-27A in size, operating in VHF band and one of the most advanced of its kind in the world.

Now pay close attention to this chart.

images

Notice significant drop in detection range of any radar system beyond 0.01 rcs mark?

Therefore, your point is moot.

images

It dwarf Chinese YJ-27A in size, operating in VHF band and one of the most advanced of its kind in the world.

images

Notice significant drop in detection range of any radar system beyond 0.01 rcs mark?

What nonsense are you talking about? You are talking about apple while I am asking for orange. Stop playing with words and try fool everybody. You lost your plot and now going around just try to hide your embarrassment.

What nonsense are you talking about? You are talking about apple while I am asking for orange. Stop playing with words and try fool everybody. You lost your plot and now going around just try to hide your embarrassment.
You have comprehension problems.

Syrian YJ-27 variant is also optimized for detecting Low Observable (LO) targets. I am not sure which variant it is and neither you are privy to this kind of information. Syria received this radar system from China recently, not in the 1990s. You are touting superiority of YJ-27A model over the original YJ-27 model but you do not know much about optimizations of Syrian YJ-27 variant in regards to detecting LO targets.

I have posted graphs of several radar systems operating in very high frequency bands and none is able to detect potential targets beyond 0.01 rcs mark at considerable distances. There is no proof of YJ-27A radar being able to detect F-22A Raptor around 500KM mark - this is unsubstantiated nonsense.

You should be embarassed about how bad your comprehension skills are. Do not waste my time.

You have comprehension problems.

Syrian YJ-27 variant is also optimized for detecting Low Observable (LO) targets. I am not sure which variant it is and neither you are privy to this kind of information. Syria received this radar system from China recently, not in the 1990s. You are touting superiority of YJ-27A model over the original YJ-27 model but you do not know much about optimizations of Syrian YJ-27 variant in regards to detecting LO targets.

I have posted graphs of several radar systems operating in very high frequency bands and none is able to detect potential targets beyond 0.01 rcs mark at considerable distances. There is no proof of YJ-27A radar being able to detect F-22A Raptor around 500KM mark - this is unsubstantiated nonsense.

You should be embarassed about how bad your comprehension skills are. Do not waste my time.
The Syria radar received is an old radar from China stock as called JY-27. It sold recently doesn't mean it's the latest variant. Given the bad shape of Syria, I don't expect they have too much funds for latest toys from China. Get your facts, right.

images

images

seems YJ-27A has more units to me judging by the photos.
Anyway, where do you get the Detection range X target rcs graph? This is interesting. I don't think Russia will public it's performance.
I wonder how accurate it is.

seems YJ-27A has more units to me judging by the photos.
Anyway, where do you get the Detection range X target rcs graph? This is interesting. I don't think Russia will public it's performance.
I wonder how accurate it is.
Indeed! YJ-27 have numerous variants.

Some members here assume that it is just original and A but this is not the case. In the matters of defense, many countries order CUSTOMIZED solutions. There is no hard and fast A and B and C.

Syrian solution is also optimized for LO detection but photos are not public. Syrian S-300 battery is not an ordinary one either. Syrian regime take its safety very seriously but what can it do in the face of overwhelming odds? Israel + USA + Turkey = safety completely out of the window no matter what.

These photos are from Australian defense professionals, and some are leaks from publicized presentations. They are SOLID.

Individual radar system cannot do much on its own - it is due to network of radar systems that coverage improve. However, radar systems operating at very high frequency are not renowned for accuracy on average - rather more suitable for early warning roles. These might notice intrusions and warnings might pop at different locations but jet tracking in real-time is out of question. There is only so much radar systems can do because they are all conform to principles of physics.

Key to defeating VLO class jets would be something else - not radar systems. There is a concept known as INTERNET OF THINGS.

You see that China is investing heavily in long-range strike platforms due to the fact striking first might be the key to victory in a high-stakes conflict before it even materialize in the future. Waiting for a high-tech adversary to strike at your assets first = you are DEAD. Strategy is the key.

Some members here are unnecessarily riled up and do not listen to reason. There is far more to modern warfare than a shiny radar system touted to be anti-stealth.

Here:

images

The RCS figures being used to plot the curves in the above graph are based on what?
Obviously based on X band emissions.
That's how the stated RCS of an aircraft is ascertained by comparing against the distance required to detect it and the standard detection distance for 5m^2 or 3m^2 or even 1m^2 target for that family of radars.
These standard figures will definitely change for VHF band emissions.
The difference b/w LO and non-LO will get changed, into what I can't say and don't know enough.
But that is why VHF radars detect LO aircraft earlier than X band, because the RCS of the LO on the X band is no longer the same on the VHF band.
Due to different reflective characteristics of the longer wavelength involved.
That is why the figures presented above, IMHO is very suspect and subjective and need to be viewed with suspicion and a pinch of salt.

But that is just my humble opinion and I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom