What's new

John Kerry calls Shivshankar Menon to express regret about Devyani's treatment; defends US laws

yes i wud say tht there president is dark colored they discriminate on basis of religion and origin
they hate muslims all knw it
but they consider asians as a backward race and they cannot bear it when they are challenged by us
We Asians are not backward people, we just very shine to show our feeling in a rude way.

@Kunwar Anurag Rathore Let me ask you.. What is the standard salary of a maid here in INdia? SHe was earning around 30,000 which also include free food, stay, car, medical insurance etc etc.. Isnt 30,000 a bad salary for nanny? And for God sake, she is representing India there.. She have certain privileges.. Just think about what American reaction if we arrest one of the counselor staff here in India..
In this jungle world, only power speaks. Carrot and stick, that's how USA runs. I don't think USA will treat a england officer in this way if he breaks the same law as she did.

Those whites never take coloured skin people seriously.

@Kunwar Anurag Rathore Let me ask you.. What is the standard salary of a maid here in INdia? SHe was earning around 30,000 which also include free food, stay, car, medical insurance etc etc.. Isnt 30,000 a bad salary for nanny? And for God sake, she is representing India there.. She have certain privileges.. Just think about what American reaction if we arrest one of the counselor staff here in India..

this is incapability of our spineless govt.
usa did wht was meant to be done by there laws
now if india cant do it we cant curse USA

The reason why i love Indians because you guys are very reasonable and benevolent. Why we can't be friends? We shall not be utilized to contain each other. If USA retreive from Asia, we will be ok then by ourself. Chinese are peace loving people. If Indians love Chinese, we will pay 10 times back to you for friendship.

I don' know this, sorry then.

I am typing from a sony vaio which is made in china
and i use an iphone which is assembled in china
hindi chini bhai bhai

but there is one problem
tht is chinese support terrorist pakistan.

We Asians are not backward people, we just very shine to show our feeling in a rude way.

In this jungle world, only power speaks. Carrot and stick, that's how USA runs. I don't think USA will treat a england officer in this way if he breaks the same law as she did.

Those whites never take coloured skin people seriously.

britishers are forefathers of americans
a son cant bite father heheh

I never support usa firstly

i had been saying
19th century belonged to britishers and europe
20th to usa
21 to india and china

what i am trying to say it this outrage in india is pointless and just politics as elections are approching she did wrong so she was detained.

now it is spineless govt. usa did there part now its the job of our govt. as homosexuality is crime in india ,indian govt shud punish all homosexual US diplomats in India
Why India respond so fiercely is due to several reasons:
1. India overestimate its weight in USA's heart
2. They think USA is gonna applogize for the offend
3. Indians are very sensitve people , they feel betrayed when its 'friend' harshly treated her people.
4. for election purpose to show a tough stance
5. India think USA shall repay her as India buys tons of weapon from USA

I'm really sorry that USA won't take Indians seriously as you people need them to balance China.

I am typing from a sony vaio which is made in china
and i use an iphone which is assembled in china
hindi chini bhai bhai

but there is one problem
tht is chinese support terrorist pakistan.

britishers are forefathers of americans
a son cant bite father heheh
Remember who created the Kirshmir problem? still those white colonizer.

I strongly condemn USA's rude treatment against a woman Indian officer, and very sorry for her illegal treatment to nanny.

Last edited:

What is incapability of Spineless government?? Did they informed us before arresting her?.. Indian government do not appoint sorcerer's to tell them what will happen in future.

Do you try to refuse that USA hold discrimination agianst coloured skin people?

US still have major problems with racism but the US government have law prohibit discrimination by on races and religion in the rule book. The US government do their best to rectify these problems at hand.

You want me to accept your position with this case, you should provide me the hard evidence to convince me otherwise, all the accusation on how US law enforcement mistreated a defendant were completely bogus at best. My eyes and ears open to accept fact and evidence, not any opinion base nationalistic sentiment point of view.
I'm glad you disagree with me and I don't expect you to do so.
Since you have claimed that your eyes ans ears are open let's come on the same page. I believe your position is that US treats all the diplomats same and there is no hypocrisy involved. US make sure that all diplomats on her soil(irrespective of their nationality) follows US laws and makes sure all her diplomats staffed around the world does the same. Please correct/validate me and then we can surely take the discussion forward....

What is incapability of Spineless government?? Did they informed us before arresting her?.. Indian government do not appoint sorcerer's to tell them what will happen in future.
Seiko my friend...being spineless doesn't mean that they could have avoided this issue by guessing that Americans are gonna do what they have...Spineless is a given fact...that is the reason US did what they have done...Can you imagine something similar happening to Russians or lets say Chinese?? If answer is "NO" then please think...why you can't say No with a similar confidence for India??

Why India respond so fiercely is due to several reasons:
1. India overestimate its weight in USA's heart
2. They think USA is gonna applogize for the offend
3. Indians are very sensitve people , they feel betrayed when its 'friend' harshly treated her people.
4. for election purpose to show a tough stance
5. India think USA shall repay her as India buys tons of weapon from USA
1. BS
2. This is our demand and so far we have out our foot down on this.
3. Another BS
4. Given our track record...YES
5. wrong.

I'm really sorry that USA won't take Indians seriously as you people need them to balance China.
It is not a one way street...The need is both ways...

Last edited:
Fact I can't believe something that I don't know, I never hold a statement of US treats all the foreign diplomats the same because I'm not in the power to know so, since not every 2 case are the same, I believe not every foreign diplomat to be treat in the same manner just depend on the situation or circumstance of the case. I can't be that ignorant to claim to know such all foreign diplomat treatment are the same irrespective to their nation of origin. I also don't know how many US diplomat ever committed any violation regard to the law with the nations they stay on.

Since you have claimed that your eyes ans ears are open let's come on the same page. I believe your position is that US treats all the diplomats same and there is no hypocrisy involved. US make sure that all diplomats on her soil(irrespective of their nationality) follows US laws and makes sure all her diplomats staffed around the world does the same. Please correct/validate me and then we can surely take the discussion forward....

Seiko my friend...being spineless doesn't mean that they could have avoided this issue by guessing that Americans are gonna do what they have...Spineless is a given fact...that is the reason US did what they have done...Can you imagine something similar happening to Russians or lets say Chinese?? If answer is "NO" then please think...why you can't say No with a similar confidence for India??

Husain Haqqani on America’s Diplomat Shame - The Daily Beast

The arrest and mistreatment of an Indian consul in New York is particularly galling considering how frequently America’s own emissaries benefit from diplomatic immunity.

The recent diplomatic tiff over mistreatment of an Indian diplomat by U.S. law enforcement authorities is neither about rule of law nor about diplomatic immunity. It involves the issue of courtesy for representatives of foreign governments, which is essential for the conduct of international relations.

India's deputy consul general Devyani Khobragade. (Mohammed Jaffer/AP)

Americans are often the most significant beneficiaries of courtesies, over and above the immunities guaranteed by the letter of law that governments extend to each other.

India’s Deputy Consul-General in New York, Devyani Khobragade, was arrested on charges of visa fraud for allegedly paying her maid less than the amount that formed the basis of the maid’s employment visa. U.S. marshals arrested Khobragade outside her kids’ school, publicly handcuffed her and subjected her to strip and cavity searches before detaining her with common criminals.

The U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara, has defended Khobragade’s arrest on grounds of the crime she allegedly committed against her poor helpless maid. Secretary of State John Kerry has apologized to India over the manner of Khobragade’s arrest while defending the need to implement American laws.

The Vienna Conventions on Diplomatic and Consular Immunities provide different levels of immunity for diplomats and consular representatives. Consular officials are protected against arrest only for acts committed in the course of their duties.

The U.S. position is that as a consul, Khobragade was not immune from arrest for allegedly under-paying her maid. But even if that were the case, Bharara’s decision to treat her without regard for her status as a representative of a foreign, friendly government reflected the prosecutor’s over-exuberance straight out of an episode of Law and Order.

Khobragade’s guilt or the nature of her immunity is a matter for a court to decide. Treating her courteously was necessary to ensure that American diplomats and consular representatives are protected and treated kindly abroad.

As Pakistan’s ambassador to the United States, I found myself at the center of a similar but much worse row in January 2011 when Raymond Davis killed two men in a crowded street in the city of Lahore.

The U.S. claimed that Davis carried a diplomatic passport and therefore enjoyed diplomatic immunity. Pakistan’s Foreign Office found that Davis’ name had been included on the list of diplomats serving in Pakistan only after he had committed the murders, which did not extend him immunity under the Vienna Convention.As Pakistan’s ambassador to the United States, I found myself at the center of a similar but much worse row in January 2011 when Raymond Davis killed two men in a crowded street in the city of Lahore.

His job description, as an adviser at the U.S. consulate in Lahore, also entitled him to consular and not full diplomatic immunity.

Pakistan’s government could not free a killer without due process. But once he had been identified as a U.S. government functionary, our government ensured that Davis was treated with courtesy. American officials were immediately provided access to Davis and he was not subjected to a strip search. Once The Guardian revealed that he was, in fact, a CIA contractor, special arrangements were made for his security in prison in case other inmates might attempt to hurt him.

The Pakistani government avoided embarrassing President Obama, who had been misled into publicly insisting on Davis’ diplomatic status.

Eventually, Davis was set free by a Pakistani court after his lawyers reached a financial settlement with the victims’ families under Pakistan’s Islamic ‘blood money’ law. Kerry, then Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, travelled to Pakistan to convey America’s regret over the loss of life caused by Davis, which tempered the public anger over the prospect of an accused murderer being set free.

We treated the Raymond Davis affair as a matter affecting relations between Pakistan and the United States, and not merely as the crime it was. I was as outraged as anyone else over the fact that a hot-headed individual had killed two people in a crowded market without any identifiable threat to his life. But Davis was entitled to due process of law and until all legal options were exhausted his treatment could affect U.S.-Pakistan relations.

The U.S. prosecutor and marshals involved in arresting Khobragade and the State Department officials who signed off on her arrest, failed in being sensitive to the international dimension of an alleged domestic crime.

The ends of justice would not have been compromised if Khobragade had been treated with courtesies similar to those extended by Pakistan to Davis. American diplomats are extended considerations over and beyond the law in most countries.

Almost every U.S. diplomatic facility abroad is surrounded by barriers often erected on public property that violate municipal ordinances. American diplomats are allowed to board flights and exit airports through different exits than other passengers. These facilities protect U.S. government representatives in an era of terrorist threats.

American law enforcers need to be mindful of these global realities before setting off another storm while arresting a foreign diplomat or consular agent.

Preet Bharara is like a dog who barks even when there is no stranger...just to gain attention of his master !!!

The diplomat is not an Indian American. The diplomat is an Indian like @JayAtl. And Indians in America do not mean that they are an Indian American. For all you know, she could be a troll in this forum.

ahh- back from my trip to Leeds and I see you are still fretting about me in every other post because I called you Chinese, seditious welfare abusing immigrants in the US. Seems like I hit a nerve, to a point where you in every other post mention my name :rofl:. remember now- chinatown USA is not China's land in the USA.

ahh- back from my trip to Leeds and I see you are still fretting about me in every other post because I called you Chinese, seditious welfare abusing immigrants in the US. Seems like I hit a nerve, to a point where you in every other post mention my name :rofl:. remember now- chinatown USA is not China's land in the USA.

I'm just using an example for who is a foreigner living in America. You are an Indian living in America and there is no shame about it. Its expected that you loyalty lies in India and you are here to make a living and send some money back to India. You are probably overjoyed when Indian rupee value dropped so you can send in "less" money for the same amount in India.

This worker in Indian consulate is under the same protection in America as you.

I'm just using an example for who is a foreigner living in America. You are an Indian living in America and there is no shame about it. Its expected that you loyalty lies in India and you are here to make a living and send some money back to India. You are probably overjoyed when Indian rupee value dropped so you can send in "less" money for the same amount in India.

what your telling is that you are deeply hurt being called out as a chinese seditious immigrant by me and that is why you mention me in 80% of your posts. It is okay- I get it it that you being a parasite on our nation is embarrassing .:lol:

Now go post and mention me for on another 5 posts you make here . :D

Fact I can't believe something that I don't know, I never hold a statement of US treats all the foreign diplomats the same because I'm not in the power to know so, since not every 2 case are the same, I believe not every foreign diplomat to be treat in the same manner just depend on the situation or circumstance of the case. I can't be that ignorant to claim to know such all foreign diplomat treatment are the same irrespective to their nation of origin. I also don't know how many US diplomat ever committed any violation regard to the law with the nations they stay on.
well then what's the point in saying things like US law should prevail and blah blah...since US law should not be selective...and i hope now you can u can understand the frustration and anger of Indians...b/w if you are not aware of how things in diplomatic world works then why take such a strong view?? Anyways i don't think it will make sense for us to carry on the conversation...

well then what's the point in saying things like US law should prevail and blah blah...since US law should not be selective...and i hope now you can u can understand the frustration and anger of Indians...b/w if you are not aware of how things in diplomatic world works then why take such a strong view?? Anyways i don't think it will make sense for us to carry on the conversation...

My post didn't stated that I understand how Indian feel and what is Indian emotion regarding to this case. You can't hold it against me, as a US citizen, I'm oblige to see the US law be uphold to everyone that included the president of the US no exception should be make. There should be any selection of law to treat any person base on the status of one hold.

My post didn't stated that I understand how Indian feel and what is Indian emotion regarding to this case. You can't hold it against me, as a US citizen, I'm oblige to see the US law be uphold to everyone that included the president of the US no exception should be make. There should be any selection of law to treat any person base on the status of one hold.

There shouldn't be any selection of law for just to accommodate to the higher social classes in the society.

You are under far less protection than you think.

You should be very worried about what is happening in North Korea as well.

They won't know you from one when it comes to the crunch you know. ;)

Back
Top Bottom