What's new

John Kerry calls Shivshankar Menon to express regret about Devyani's treatment; defends US laws

My post didn't stated that I understand how Indian feel and what is Indian emotion regarding to this case. You can't hold it against me, as a US citizen, I'm oblige to see the US law be uphold to everyone that included the president of the US no exception should be make. There should be any selection of law to treat any person base on the status of one hold.

Then unfortunately you have missed the boat by a long distance...Crux of the matter is that unfortunately this is not an ideal world....Diplomatic favors are reciprocal in nature however the weightage is skewd unfairly towards stronger counterpart....That's precisely the reason that you would hardly see such behavior towards Russian/Chinese Diplomatic contingent.....Anyhow India has shown strong dissent on what has been done and you will see that all the charges will be dropped later on!!

Then unfortunately you have missed the boat by a long distance...Crux of the matter is that unfortunately this is not an ideal world....Diplomatic favors are reciprocal in nature however the weightage is skewd unfairly towards stronger counterpart....That's precisely the reason that you would hardly see such behavior towards Russian/Chinese Diplomatic contingent.....Anyhow India has shown strong dissent on what has been done and you will see that all the charges will be dropped later on!!

All charge are drop isn't your call or India government in the position to make, even the US state department need to wait for US justice department to make the decision on this case to drop the charge or not. US justice department already made their decision and indicted the defendant criminal charge. Charge were filed in court, only way out for a defendant, she must hope the US state department make a convince case to the US justice department and allow a defendant transfer to the UN. UN mission is the only way out for the defendant but the US justice department will make that decision for the defendant in this case.

All charge are drop isn't your call or India government in the position to make, even the US state department need to wait for US justice department to make the decision on this case to drop the charge or not. US justice department already made their decision and indicted the defendant criminal charge. Charge were filed in court, only way out for a defendant, she must hope the US state department make a convince case to the US justice department and allow a defendant transfer to the UN. UN mission is the only way out for the defendant but the US justice department will make that decision for the defendant in this case.

I am not challenging the procedure...what i am telling you is that charges are going to be dropped...I am not sure what and how they are going to achieve it but this is going to happen; is for sure...now let's wait and watch!!

I am not challenging the procedure...what i am telling you is that charges are going to be dropped...I am not sure what and how they are going to achieve it but this is going to happen; is for sure...now let's wait and watch!!

So you are absolutely sure all charge will be drop but you don't know how? You mean you're clueless with your certainty? Since you already claim a defendant will be not face any criminal charge, why you should wait for the outcome of the case?

So you are absolutely sure all charge will be drop but you don't know how? You mean you're clueless with your certainty? Since you already claim a defendant will be not face any criminal charge, why you should wait for the outcome of the case?

What i am telling you is that there is no way out of this mess unless and until the charges are dropped...What are the loop holes in the system is something neither not aware of nor interested in knowing...ball is simply in US court...Drop charges or else the next level would be US diplomats facing Indian Legal System(as there are enough in our side as well who are not giving due respect to our legal system in letter and spirit)...

What i am telling you is that there is no way out of this mess unless and until the charges are dropped...What are the loop holes in the system is something neither not aware of nor interested in knowing...ball is simply in US court...Drop charges or else the next level would be US diplomats facing Indian Legal System(as there are enough in our side as well who are not giving due respect to our legal system in letter and spirit)...

India government better have some serious charge against US personal station in India to blackmail US state department into dropping all charge against the defendant.

India government better have some serious charge against US personal station in India to blackmail US state department into dropping all charge against the defendant.
This is no black-mail...point is simple...you want your law to be followed in letter and spirit...then be ready to face the same expectations....

This is no black-mail...point is simple...you want your law to be followed in letter and spirit...then be ready to face the same expectations....

I think US personal station in India should respect and follow your law but without any accusation or crimes take place in India, India come up with new law to prosecute US personal is in a way of blackmail the US state department.

Back
Top Bottom