What's new

John Bolton wants U.S. to get tough on Pakistan after fall of Afghanistan

Frankly we don't even care at this point. Whether any side chooses to resort to scapegoating and blame games is their choice. It won't affect Pakistan.

Like I said, Pakistan has other priorities. Regional connectivity and development. The US and European nations are free to join. If not also fine.

The entire topic got changed...... the issue wasn't Pakistan's priorities. The issue was potential serious hardship it can be put under as per Mr. Bolton and many other's wishes that are either in the US government, or hold serious influence.

Pak could surrender their nukes to China if it becomes a full protectorate.

The entire topic got changed...... the issue wasn't Pakistan's priorities. The issue was potential serious hardship it can be put under as per Mr. Bolton and many other's wishes that are either in the US government, or hold serious influence.

Bolton can't do anything. What will the US do? Sanction Pakistan? We have been hearing these threats for decades now. We have become accustomed to them and frankly we laugh at them.

This is the same moron who was not taken seriously by his own government back than and made to resign, this clown thinks sleepy joe will give heed to his words. :disagree:
And even if they do what can the US do? I mean getting tough all you want, getting control over another countries nukes is hilarious.
How can one such as Bolton who as worked at high levels and with classified intel even suggest such a thing with a straight face is beyond me.

This is what will happen but our stupid libturd brown sahabs keep licking feet of west. These morons are bending backwards to help the US and others in Afghanistan and evacuation, all for what?? Maybe the decision makers have all families abroad and thus they dnt care abt Pakistan. We need to get rid of these stupid brown sahab snakes.

Bolton is a rabid Islamaphobe. He also wanted to attack Iran. Its time for the regional Islamic countries to join forces.

Another post with truth in it and yes I know it's double standard. Sadly, no one wants any power within Islamic nations and that's not a hidden secret. Turkey got sanctioned recently so it's clear to anyone if you can think

There is no double standard here, but only simple international geopolitics. Religion has nothing to do with it, but the responsibilities that come along with possession of nuclear weapons and what they mean for the entire world. For example, what happened to ensure that there was only one successor state with nuclear weapons after the breakup of the USSR is the same principles in action.

It is mere common sense for other major powers to have contingency plans for Pakistan that would be applicable only if the security of any nuclear weapons is ever in doubt. They are secure for now, undoubtedly. They are part of a stabilizing mechanism that has prevented any major war in a volatile region of the world for over half a century. But what about decades in the future given the consistent failure of the Pakistani State in dealing with its ever-rising internal existential threats? Who knows? But at least the scenarios and plans are thought out beforehand by not only USA, but China and Russia as well, in the hopes they will never be needed or used.

(And such plans are also considered for India, just so that everyone can see such plans are not against any one country, but simple common sense, given the nature of the weapons involved.)

And even if they do what can the US do? I mean getting tough all you want, getting control over another countries nukes is hilarious.
How can one such as Bolton who as worked at high levels and with classified intel even suggest such a thing with a straight face is beyond me.

Correct.
Hard to believe an American NSA with such a long career is constantly mulling this option!

I have to say... this guy must be on India's payroll! Not hard to believe that. Indians have far deeper pockets than Pakistan and Indians have been keenly watching and learning from The Israel Lobby for decades as to how to use the Lobbies in America often to America's own detriment. And especially now, when India can't invest some already 'allotted' $$ in Afghanistan, wouldn't that money be used elsewhere?? How about $200,000 to a Bolton for a few media noises using that money??

There is no double standard here, but only simple international geopolitics. Religion has nothing to do with it, but the responsibilities that come along with possession of nuclear weapons and what they mean for the entire world. For example, what happened to ensure that there was only one successor state with nuclear weapons after the breakup of the USSR is the same principles in action.

It is mere common sense for other major powers to have contingency plans for Pakistan that would be applicable only if the security of any nuclear weapons is ever in doubt. They are secure for now, undoubtedly. They are part of a stabilizing mechanism that has prevented any major war in a volatile region of the world for over half a century. But what about decades in the future given the consistent failure of the Pakistani State in dealing with its ever-rising internal existential threats? Who knows? But at least the scenarios and plans are thought out beforehand by not only USA, but China and Russia as well, in the hopes they will never be needed or used.

(And such plans are also considered for India, just so that everyone can see such plans are not against any one country, but simple common sense, given the nature of the weapons involved.)

I am not sure what your experience is in the geo-political area. But I can assure you, I'm an old and Gold person in these issues. If someone told you there are "contingency" plans for China or India, that's bull crap. There are always contingency plans in DEALING with a fallout. Not attacking a nation to take their stuff away. The readers can understand the rest. I am not going to go beyond this.

I am not sure what your experience is in the geo-political area. But I can assure you, I'm an old and Gold person in these issues. If someone told you there are "contingency" plans for China or India, that's bull crap. There are always contingency plans in DEALING with a fallout. Not attacking a nation to take their stuff away. The readers can understand the rest. I am not going to go beyond this.

This "attacking a nation to take their stuff away" applied to Pakistan's nuclear weapons is indeed bullcrap, and peddled endlessly here on PDF for certain reasons. There are all kinds of plans for other countries too. That is all I will say.

(And I am not a spring chicken myself, just so you know.)

Back
Top Bottom