What's new

Joe Biden floats the idea of bases in Pakistan post withdrawal to keep an eye on Afghanistan-Denied

Salaam

Its an interesting idea and I'm curious about where it came from. Joe Biden is not just a presidential candidate but also an ex-President of the US. You won't have an Ex President just say it.

I can see why something like could be considered given the Taliban are unlikely to agree to keeping any US bases there.

The @Khafee leaks -( new F-16s) makes sense in this context as well. I mean this would give the Americans a long term reason to be 'good' with us and not sanction us the moment they are out of Afghanistan.

This would, theoretically, get the Indians out of Afghanistan (along with the US) and make our western border less hostile. Unless they go to war with Iran, it shouldn't be too much of an issue there as well.

Whether this whole thing is a good idea or not given the US has multiple agendas in the region that may run counter to our interests - I can't say. However, it does seem like the kind of thing that could have been considered at some point.

Democratic party front runner Joe biden, at a democratic party debate, floats the idea of bases in Pakistan after withdrawal to keep a check on threats that might emerge from Afghanistan. (For context) That entire debate in US regarding withdrawal is, what if Afghanistan becomes safe havens for international terrorists again.

Also this is an interesting sentence. "Its three different countries. Pakistan owns the three provinces in the east". Don't know what exactly he means by that. Was he talking about Former FATA, KPK & Balochistan in regards to being eastern provinces of Afghanistan or saying that Taliban control eastern provinces of Afghanistan? You be the judge.
This idea seems to be impractical for 2reasons:

Democratic party isn't in power n doesn't seems to come in near future either. Neither he is considered closer to establishment of US nor establishment seems to b considering this ri8 now bcz they just asked 4 bases in Afghanistan.

If they extricate from #Afghanistan wdout getting some basesthere then they will b considered a total flop so they never will go 4 it.

2nd, Pakistan isn't in position ri8 now to allow Americans 2 do that but if v make it possible thn v will go 4 balance b/w #china n US.

very unlikely that they will ask for bases from Pakistan but in any case if they ask, it depends on what incentives they offer for Pakistan, if US offer overt or covert support on Kashmir issue and revive military aid for advance goodies, I don't think its bad bargain.

no matter what they offer we should not agree to their presence in Pakistan

This is not how world work, you have to make yourself relevant to world powers if you want them to support you or at least stay silent when you rock the boat, I am not saying we should give them base without check and balance or Pakistan specific restrictions.

Guys you want those f 16s this is your chance. Let Americans in and voila.However if another Salala happens you will be kicking the Americans out and the spare parts will also stop.

This is not how world work, you have to make yourself relevant to world powers if you want them to support you or at least stay silent when you rock the boat, I am not saying we should give them base without check and balance or Pakistan specific restrictions.
once they come here it will be hard to check and balance them, and their wish list will only continue to grow.

:lol: These yuthias would bring bring pics of former friend of their current pm.
So tell me any good thing in govt of Niazi ?
Anything regarding pulbic benefits ? Police ? Economics ? Infrastructure ? Has the honeymoon period not over yet ?
Mr. Niazi is soon going to visit US and if US withdraw totally from Afghanistan, their new military bases would be established in Pakistan.

There was no IK 17 years back, it was Musharraf and than ofcourse we had the marid Momin after that who resisted americans on every front.
A photo of mardid-e-Mujahid telling the americans to back off

CSB4rWDW0AAfc_7.jpg

Salaam

Its an interesting idea and I'm curious about where it came from. Joe Biden is not just a presidential candidate but also an ex-President of the US. You won't have an Ex President just say it.

I can see why something like could be considered given the Taliban are unlikely to agree to keeping any US bases there.

The @Khafee leaks -( new F-16s) makes sense in this context as well. I mean this would give the Americans a long term reason to be 'good' with us and not sanction us the moment they are out of Afghanistan.

This would, theoretically, get the Indians out of Afghanistan (along with the US) and make our western border less hostile. Unless they go to war with Iran, it shouldn't be too much of an issue there as well.

Whether this whole thing is a good idea or not given the US has multiple agendas in the region that may run counter to our interests - I can't say. However, it does seem like the kind of thing that could have been considered at some point.

Tribal areas need peace, schools, hospitals,roads. Not bases.

This is Afghanistans mess to deal with.

Salaam

I agree with you and if we want Americans out just get a TALIBAN attack done on the base.

Back
Top Bottom