What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Yeah, also looks like a thicker spine and a more raked vertical stabilizer similar to the 2-seater, but all of that could be a visual trick due to image distortion.

I think it’s going to have a thicker spine I don’t see much picture distortion.

e8407079d777475b9f05f29b2c08789c.jpeg
Pardon my naivety but IFR?
The photo is disproportionate but even relative to the distortion the spine looks weirdly too thick.
P.s. Why do u I have a feeling it would be you breaking the breaking :p
Regards.

I think it’s going to have a thicker spine I don’t see much picture distortion.
On the current single seat JF-17, the spine lines up with the top & back of the canopy. Would a thicker spine then suggest that the pilot is sitting slightly higher, which in turn might suggest a slightly larger diameter nose-cone?

Alternately, perhaps the spline slopes down to meet the back of the canopy in its current location.

On the current single seat JF-17, the spine lines up with the top & back of the canopy. Would a thicker spine then suggest that the pilot is sitting slightly higher, which in turn might suggest a slightly larger diameter nose-cone?
A few months ago clarified that it will have a thicker spine and it will house wirings.

Alternately, perhaps the spline slopes down to meet the back of the canopy in its current location.

From looks of it I don’t believe it’ll slope down to meet the canopy but rather connect and slope down towards the tail of the plane. I do believe the pilot might be sitting higher and the cone for sure looks bigger.

Also have a feeling the spine not only is thick but wider as well.

I wonder though would the spine carry extra fuel or some EW suites and sensors for the plane.

2.jpg
1.jpg

Just thought to share if it may help anybody in getting a better idea.
Regards

Back
Top Bottom