What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

better maneuveribility
Maneuverability is already good. But if it's better than what it already is then kudos.

But super maneuverability is not vital in modern air combat i.e. this is the era of HMCS + HOBS missiles + EW + Counter Measures + BVR + SOW.

India knew the timeline of Block 3 hence they ordered rafale to keep B3 in check.
On the contrary, India should have ordered Rafale couple years before than it actually did. They certainly were in a position to do so. But they delayed it unnecessarily.

Not that it would have had any difference in the Feb'27 outcome. Because combat capability is the combined end product of the force's doctrines + assets + infrastructure + capacity to utilize based on training. IAF lags behind the PAF as a modern air combat force. Induction of an asset may change the combat matrix for the IAF ... but making use of it as per it's doctrines and the required proficiency to utilize won't happen over night ... by that time ... as always ... PAF will be a step ahead in it's combat matrix.

Maneuverability is already good. But if it's better than what it already is then kudos.

But super maneuverability is not vital in modern air combat i.e. this is the era of HMCS + HOBS missiles + EW + Counter Measures + BVR + SOW.

On the contrary, India should have ordered Rafale couple years before than it actually did. They certainly were in a position to do so. But they delayed it unnecessarily.

Not that it would have had any difference in the Feb'27 outcome. Because combat capability is the combined end product of the force's doctrines + assets + infrastructure + capacity to utilize based on training. IAF lags behind the PAF as a modern air combat force. Induction of an asset may change the combat matrix for the IAF ... but making use of it as per it's doctrines and the required proficiency to utilize won't happen over night ... by that time ... as always ... PAF will be a step ahead in it's combat matrix.
Any updates of HMS btw ? Thanks for highlighting

62 block II likely due to delay in block III by more than a year, and more numbers were needed plus it kept the factory working.

Just like they got 12 more B2s due to B3 delay, i wish similarly they buy extra B3s more than wishlist

Block-2 - Single & Dual Seaters
PAF: 62 (single) & 4 (dual seater)
MAF: 16 (both)
NAF: 3

So far...

Block-2 - Single & Dual Seaters
PAF: 62 (single) & 4 (dual seater)
MAF: 16 (both)
NAF: 3

So far...
Weren’t B2 were supposed to be produced this year ? Or was it 4 in 2019 and 2xB3 and 8xB2B in 2020? Or is it 8xB3B ? Most probably the former scenerio as only 2(3?) BLOCK 3 regardless of seats are slated for 2020

Hi

Couple of five years ago they were riding high and mighty in their SU 3o’s claiming all the bragging rights Till February 27

This is screen grab from video of today's visit of COAS of PAC Kamra. Current picture of first few JF-17Bs are showing serial number 19-6xx but here is a pic showing 2P-718 ... can anyone tell me how this serial makes sense? How many Bs are there in making.

How Many B.PNG

View attachment 593623
you can take a pendu guy out of the village, but you can't take the village out of him.
bro that pendu guy might be working on some important subsystems in the aircraft in the fraction of the salary as compared to some classy guy working in Dassault or LM.

Our pendu guys are the reason that we can compete the defense budgets which are 20 or 50 times greater than us but still we are knocking their bones. I can understand you said it on the lighter.

ON TOPIC:

The safety slogan in the centre of the picture is a much appreciated thing. Being an HSE Professional, i will like to read more about the health and safety practices being followed by Pakistani Armed Forces and other world class militaries.

Back
Top Bottom