What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

78656291_2547659868674625_4847792924877914112_o.jpg

it seems that blk 3 will be the last definitive multi role version in continuation of blk1 and blk2 which i belive will be upgraded to blk3. then JF-17B, you can call it a 4th block. and then there is a talk about an JF-17E version for electronic warfare items. you can call it a 5th block based out of 2 seater version. finally there is a possibility of a deep strike version based out of blk 3 or 2 seater JF-17B. this will be a final block. last final block might not happen because by that time paf might have options to add another fighter or project azm

Hi,

There is an old saying---it only ends when it ends---. "Theend" is not in sight yet---.:enjoy:

Just like they got 12 more B2s due to B3 delay, i wish similarly they buy extra B3s more than wishlist

Why? That would mean a delay for B4. You can't produce the next block until you stop producing the previous block.

What is that small horizontal fin above the pak flag ?

That's a Flight Control and Communication Antenna.

Last edited:
Just like they got 12 more B2s due to B3 delay
In my humble opinion, the 12 Additional Block-2 could have been added due to some re-assessment of the current changing threat situation.

In my opinion, Block-2 is a very potent machine. It's radar, low RCS and potent EW suite makes it an excellent multirole fighter. It is exactly what Block-I should have been in the first place, but couldn't be because of the French backing out of any cooperation and then Block-2 having to wait for KLJ-7MK-II and SD-10A to mature.

I don't feel Block-3 is getting delayed. I think Block-3 got it's innards further souped up. Haven't you come across ma'am @messiach's post that there is going to Fly-By-Optics FBO instead of FBW controls?

Perfecting and tweaking these things, along with the in-house radar, may be taking time. All in all bringing the Block-3 way closer to very best the adversary can pitch against us.

In my humble opinion, the 12 Additional Block-2 could have been added due to some re-assessment of the current changing threat situation.

In my opinion, Block-2 is a very potent machine. It's radar, low RCS and potent EW suite makes it an excellent multirole fighter. It is exactly what Block-I should have been in the first place, but couldn't be because of the French backing out of any cooperation and then Block-2 having to wait for KLJ-7MK-II and SD-10A to mature.

I don't feel Block-3 is getting delayed. I think Block-3 got it's innards further souped up. Haven't you come across ma'am @messiach's post that there is going to Fly-By-Optics FBO instead of FBW controls?

Perfecting and tweaking these things, along with the in-house radar, may be taking time. All in all bringing the Block-3 way closer to very best the adversary can pitch against us.
Buddy, I can’t express in words how much hyped up i am for Block 3 A.
3axis FBO, modified inlets and possibly minor modifications of structure and nose, more HPs, better maneuveribility, AESA and possibly dual rack for PL-15/SD-10 and also RAAD.
Block 3 would be a real game CHANGER !!!
Yet we are teased again n again for first flight. Sabr ki bhi 1 hadd hoti hai :(

India knew the timeline of Block 3 hence they ordered rafale to keep B3 in check.

Also, the induction timeline is quite interesting, ACM saheb mentioned B3 induction by march and India also going to recieve first batch of BS :D in march or april.

Back
Top Bottom