What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

The technical term is fab-tech backbone with cycle running over 2-3 decades. I have tons of first-hand information how our bureaucratic administration acted as paid-trolls for their foreign masters, dis-allowing Pakistan to develop the fab-tech backbone for turbines. By all conscious intent, they maliciously denied Pakistan. This is a case for SC Chief Justice. You do'nt have turbines, you are without electricity, commerce & trade, all-ready & on your way to be locked-stocked & buried. That's why we are teaming up with like-minded professionals aiming to meet Pakistans next appointed top minister. My children are all grownup & working. I am here in UK to sell-off whatever little property i have & return. Its about time.

Thanks for the insight!

I did some modest reading on Turkey's efforts to domestically manufacture the F-16's GE turbofan engines. From what I could tell, TEI was basically a downstream manufacturer.

It's a few steps better than assembly, but TEI's engine manufacturing facilities, design prints, critical materials (e.g. raw materials, crystal blades, FADEC, etc) came from the US.

Yes, there was a paper on AWACS at the Alumni.

The radar on the KE was always interim, considering it only scanned in the vertical. With the full scan of the new radar there will be pretty much constant coverage.

IMG_0148.JPG

Using radar means also alerting other side so perhaps passive means being improved
;)

The technical term is fab-tech backbone with cycle running over 2-3 decades. I have tons of first-hand information how our bureaucratic administration acted as paid-trolls for their foreign masters, dis-allowing Pakistan to develop the fab-tech backbone for turbines. By all conscious intent, they maliciously denied Pakistan. This is a case for SC Chief Justice. You do'nt have turbines, you are without electricity, commerce & trade, all-ready & on your way to be locked-stocked & buried. That's why we are teaming up with like-minded professionals aiming to meet Pakistans next appointed top minister. My children are all grownup & working. I am here in UK to sell-off whatever little property i have & return. Its about time.

Yes, there was a paper on AWACS at the Alumni.

How about enhancing the current startup culture in Pakistan? Currently we are more focused on software development (because it's physically easier) and some "starts" pop up here and there. But there is no real progress in manufacturing and hardware development. I'm an embedded systems designer and for 12 years, almost all the manufacturing I have seen in my field, was from china. We design and send to China for manufacture, sometimes, even prototypes. We seriously lack base industry in Pakistan. And over the years, I have seen we further drifting towards software and using ready made SBC, Embedded platforms.
One idea that comes in my mind is to master 3D printing technology. Although, currently, it is more limited towards plastic (and type) materials, but I think there has been progress towards metal based 3D technology as well.
Your kind opinion about this is appreciated. Please forgive my ignorance towards mechanical field, I'm more of an electronics/firmware/software guy.

View attachment 475317

Using radar means also alerting other side so perhaps passive means being improved
;)

It's a combination of passive sensing and Low Probability of Intercept radar that does the job. Or, rather, used to do it comprehensively for the F-22 until the rest of the world wizened up. Today, the combination of Russian A-100 AWACS and SU-35 along with R-77 or K-100 BVR is enough to make the Raptor turn tail.

Hi,

It is agreeable to some extent---.

But remember one thing---if you stand in the world all alone---the weight of the opposition will simply crush you---.

Even the super power USA has allies that stand with it---.

So---it is better to develop what you can---and have alliances buildup to get the critical stuff---.

The alliance must be such that their integrity depends upon your safety---like with china---possibly with Russia---with Saudia Arabis and Emirates---.

One stick can be bent and broken---ten sticks banded together are an extremely hard task---.
Yes true that infact Chinese motorbike makers in Pakistan is prime example of strategic nature between the 2 countries . My first part was related to current state of matter in Pakistan ,Im hopeful with Chinese Automakers now jumping in Pakistan we will see more intellectual based industry in mechanical fabrication

You are about right but there is a lot more.

How about enhancing the current startup culture in Pakistan? Currently we are more focused on software development (because it's physically easier) and some "starts" pop up here and there. But there is no real progress in manufacturing and hardware development. I'm an embedded systems designer and for 12 years, almost all the manufacturing I have seen in my field, was from china. We design and send to China for manufacture, sometimes, even prototypes. We seriously lack base industry in Pakistan. And over the years, I have seen we further drifting towards software and using ready made SBC, Embedded platforms.
One idea that comes in my mind is to master 3D printing technology. Although, currently, it is more limited towards plastic (and type) materials, but I think there has been progress towards metal based 3D technology as well.
Your kind opinion about this is appreciated. Please forgive my ignorance towards mechanical field, I'm more of an electronics/firmware/software guy.

You are about right but there is a lot more.

If Pakistan can get a hold of some of China's advanced 3D printers - like their titanium printers, that would be a real boost to engine and fighter manufacturing capability.

Also, I believe they have carbon-based 3D printers?

A long time ago, I met a USAF technician whose work was to build spare parts for older generation fighters that didn't have spare parts available. The genius team he had, could look at a part and build the mathematical model needed to print out that part.

With that kind of capability and 3D printing ability, fabrication technology takes a whole new meaning.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom