What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

It is interesting that as soon as the WS13 is coming on line the Red Bear wants to provide us TOT
It was expected, and we shouldn't welcome technology from bears, pandas, eagles....!

well they aren't gonna take off an land with the dish rotating and probably won't be operating from bases in densely populated areas for obvious reasons...
you're just speculating @GumNaam :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
they probably already have. these things are kept under wraps man, don't expect any news anytime soon
Wishful thinking/ speculating with no prove @GumNaam :crazy: @MIRauf is right

@messiach.
Thank you for your informative posts. Please keep updating us as your input is valued. It is interesting that as soon as the WS13 is coming on line the Red Bear wants to provide us TOT. Hmm.
A

Thank you and I stand corrected.
A

Is @messiach referring to the Saab Awacs or something else? needs clarification

Speculating - 80% likely she is talking about Saab new arrivals.
20% probability Chinese want PAF to test something new for them.

Now PAF has an opportunity to go for a locally built engine... and can get competitive bidding from two sources!

@messiach.
Thank you for your informative posts. Please keep updating us as your input is valued. It is interesting that as soon as the WS13 is coming on line the Red Bear wants to provide us TOT. Hmm.
A
QUOTE]
if its an advance version of rd 93/33/ma than this is very big news especially since project azm can benefit from same engine in twin configuration..
it seems to good to be true...!

:) its easy to tell the difference between rotating dish vs fixed on AWACS, if you study the K-Eagles and KJ-500 then you will know. Also its not an overnight switch, will likely take months and probably be during major platform overhaul.

PS: E-3s use to take off with their dish rotating :) one hell of a sight it use to be. Rumor was that the main reason PAF wanted them because they could perform track and search on the ground long before taking off. I doubt that could have been done if the dish was not rotating.

Hmmm....

So then we would have 3 types of airborne early warning radar assets (Saab, Korakoram, & another addition)? That does not seem to be a very healthy state of affairs.

Good to know that we have options for turbofan ToT. Pakistan can make use of your talents & education.

New awacs radar not plane so either new on k3 or Saab new global eye on Saab 2k ?? The three new planes [emoji574]️

New awacs radar not plane so either new on k3 or Saab new global eye on Saab 2k ?? The three new planes [emoji574]️

If you read Messiach's comments above, it seems its a new AESA radar for the KE AWACS.

From her comments it also seems that JFT's new AESA radar gives it so much greater range that the JFT now needs a new IFF!!!!!

Her comment that she has reprioritized her commitment means she is now focused on getting ToT for either the RD-93 MA or the WS-13/WS-19.

IMHO.

Updated KE.
If you read Messiach's comments above, it seems its a new AESA radar for the KE AWACS.

IMHO.

FC1 inet/tranpo IFF were a requirement because of emerging naval role. New inets have an additional extended range surveillance role, working autonomous or in continum with radar.
From her comments it also seems that JFT's new AESA radar gives it so much greater range that the JFT now needs a new IFF!!!!!

IMHO.

I left military - 2005. Team achievements in 2000-05, PAF is reaping results a decade later. Not involved now or will be in future.

Her comment that she has reprioritized her commitment means she is now focused on getting ToT for either the RD-93 MA or the WS-13/WS-19.

IMHO.

Updated KE.

FC1 inet/tranpo IFF were a requirement because of emerging naval role. New inets have an additional extended range surveillance role, working autonomous or in continum with radar.

I left military - 2005. Team achievements in 2000-05, PAF is reaping results a decade later. Not involved now or will be in future.
The radar on the KE was always interim, considering it only scanned in the vertical. With the full scan of the new radar there will be pretty much constant coverage.

Updated KE.

Thanks for the insight!

I did some modest reading on Turkey's efforts to domestically manufacture the F-16's GE turbofan engines. From what I could tell, TEI was basically a downstream manufacturer.

It's a few steps better than assembly, but TEI's engine manufacturing facilities, design prints, critical materials (e.g. raw materials, crystal blades, FADEC, etc) came from the US.

Recalling what was said about Pakistan's shrinking industry base, I can't see turbofan manufacturing being much more than what Turkey was doing through the 1990s. Unless we pursue a genuine gas turbine development program of our own, are we really going to make much progress?

In order to build aeroplanes you have to have good Auto industry which is at the moment only fabrication or assembly ,Till the time our manufacturers have the technology to manufacture critical parts like Engines ,transmission forget about Jets .

Updated KE.

Thanks Messiach for your reply.

This is very interesting. It seems that the EW capabilities are increasing manifold. Perhaps getting closer to something like on the Rafale.

Also with the PL-15 and AESA radar, the reach of the JF-17s would increase tremendously. Outgunning and outpunching everything other than the Meteor.

Naval related improvements, I don't know enough about it but could it be something related to the Type 54Ps? Since deconflicting would be necessary in that case.

In order to build aeroplanes you have to have good Auto industry which is at the moment only fabrication or assembly ,Till the time our manufacturers have the technology to manufacture critical parts like Engines ,transmission forget about Jets .

Hi,

It is agreeable to some extent---.

But remember one thing---if you stand in the world all alone---the weight of the opposition will simply crush you---.

Even the super power USA has allies that stand with it---.

So---it is better to develop what you can---and have alliances buildup to get the critical stuff---.

The alliance must be such that their integrity depends upon your safety---like with china---possibly with Russia---with Saudia Arabis and Emirates---.

One stick can be bent and broken---ten sticks banded together are an extremely hard task---.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom