What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Really? Since from looks its enougth of a change from a baseline Thunder that a "B" model is basically a new airplane. Won't it work in the deep penetration strike role?

Need to know the full specs. The same have not been released to date.

Any idea, when the PAF will get their first JF-17B?

Any idea, when the PAF will get their first JF-17B?
Deino.
There was talk of April 2018 but like all things in Pakistan it could get delayed by a month or two.
Interestingly there is no confirmation from PAC as of yet that they will be building/assembling Bs.So dont know what is happening on that front.
A

Deino.
There was talk of April 2018 but like all things in Pakistan it could get delayed by a month or two.
Interestingly there is no confirmation from PAC as of yet that they will be building/assembling Bs.So dont know what is happening on that front.
A

:) ;)

Really? Since from looks its enougth of a change from a baseline Thunder that a "B" model is basically a new airplane. Won't it work in the deep penetration strike role?

That's good question for PAF top brass this is what I have heard and from the looks of it this what it looks like.

Why would catac and pak spend 150-180 million to develop b variant ? Think about it

B are coming big time ... ;)
Interesting you say that. There has been a denial or failure to accept the utility of a B version for JFT by the PAF so far. Secondly what role do they envisage for it?. Witout CFTs which may well be a possibility I dont think it will have the legs for deep interdiction( for which we will use our missilez in any case). Wild weasel role with SEAD/DEAD roles is a possibility but still space remains a Problem and what numbers does one need for that(???1-2 squadrons). LIFT is another possibility but is it a viable one? And are there other more cheaper LEAD IN FIGHTERS on the PAF radar?. Sea based squadron does not make sense qt least to me, because if a fighter does go down you lose 2 pilots instead of one.
The only role it seems suitable for is giving joy rides to the Shewouqs as well as foreign buyers and selling to them for their own conversions.
A

Interesting you say that. There has been a denial or failure to accept the utility of a B version for JFT by the PAF so far. Secondly what role do they envisage for it?. Witout CFTs which may well be a possibility I dont think it will have the legs for deep interdiction( for which we will use our missilez in any case). Wild weasel role with SEAD/DEAD roles is a possibility but still space remains a Problem and what numbers does one need for that(???1-2 squadrons). LIFT is another possibility but is it a viable one? And are there other more cheaper LEAD IN FIGHTERS on the PAF radar?. Sea based squadron does not make sense qt least to me, because if a fighter does go down you lose 2 pilots instead of one.
The only role it seems suitable for is giving joy rides to the Shewouqs as well as foreign buyers and selling to them for their own conversions.
A

I tried to grill @fatman17 when the first prototype came out. His words: "Let the B version evolve".

I tried to grill @fatman17 when the first prototype came out. His words: "Let the B version evolve".
Sir Fatman 17 is a great man and a friend whom I have had the pleasure of meeting personally in London. However he is one of those people who always remain economical with their words

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom