What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Not sure if anyone has posted a PSed JF17b yet but this should give us some idea of how the JF17 III should look like. It's no masterpiece but I think I did a pretty good job. :ashamed:

jf-17b-jf-17 - Copy.jpg

Not sure if anyone has posted a PSed JF17b yet but this should give us some idea of how the JF17 III should look like. It's no masterpiece but I think I did a pretty good job. :ashamed:

View attachment 445536
No need for the yellow. Just remove the seat (literally), but keep the two-seat canopy design. Look at the MiG-29KUB as an example.

upload_2017-12-30_22-9-54.png

No need for the yellow. Just remove the seat (literally), but keep the two-seat canopy design. Look at the MiG-29KUB as an example.

View attachment 445677

It looks like if they go with KLJ-7A water cooled AESA, they might have to drastically reshape the head section in Block 3. The other alternative is air cooled from 607 institute which would require less drastic modifications

It looks like if they go with KLJ-7A water cooled AESA, they might have to drastically reshape the head section in Block 3. The other alternative is air cooled from 607 institute which would require less drastic modifications

True.

The latter was designed as an upgrade solution meant to fit inside the nosecone of jf-17's previous blocks. it lacks the range and power of KLJ-7A. Being air cooled means the radar is not as powerful and the generated heat can be dissipated by the meagerly powerful air cooled cooling system.
It does offer other functions of an AESA though, something it was meant to do.

I have a few question about how the wing span has been increased?

Has the wing area also been increased? Obviously but from which side? from near the wing tips or from the wing - fuselage joint?

Wing area increase will be at the fuselage joint but then whether the fuselage has been lengthened in the wing box area OR location of the wing has changed a little bit?

I mean has the wing moved slightly forward on the LERX?

If you move the wing then CG will change, stability will be altered & then offcourse one would need a new flight control system.

Can anyone throw some light on how the wing span has been increased?

8 Twin Seaters are a bit low number , we really should have opted to go with a number of 50 Units 3 Squadrons , so more pilots could be given first hand instructiosn and better training

With 3 Squadrons, I would imagine we would not need a LIFT platform the new pilots can just be training on the actual birds , with Instructors flying with them

Basic Training : Super Mushak
Intermediate Training : K-8 Jets
Transition to JF17-B : Fly with Trainers on the actual Machines

Perhaps log in certain number of hours on JF17-B in driving seats post graduation while being observed closely

• Transition into JF17 Block III

Last edited:
such pods are usually less than number of jet going to use them. I think most probably to be used by 1-2 squadrons with more purchases this or next year if all goes well with operationalisation.

Or may be a flight 4-6 pods per Sqn

So 10 Sqn will require 40-60 or so pods

There will not be more then a max of a dozen or so of JF-17 B's as for now.

There will not be more then a max of a dozen or so of JF-17 B's as for now.
Really? Since from looks its enougth of a change from a baseline Thunder that a "B" model is basically a new airplane. Won't it work in the deep penetration strike role?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom