What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

If they incorporated a dorsal spine why didn't the test co formal fuel tanks for extended range. Maybe they have but not viable. Anyone she'd any light

Okay.. I think recon., border patrol, training, precision strike roles are okay but I don't think it will be suitable for anti-ship role since I think it has a reduced range and payload capacity than a single seat variant. But I think training and reconnaissance should be its main mission.
please clear the payload capacity being lesser than block 1 where is it written ?

If they incorporated a dorsal spine why didn't the test co formal fuel tanks for extended range. Maybe they have but not viable. Anyone she'd any light
There is no point in puting conformal fuel tanks. Engine does not produce enough power. Yeah you can free up potentially three stations for weapons, but with that much load it will become a pig in other words an easy target. And besides i don't think it would be able to use all of it's weapons stations anyway as it would exceed MTOW with full CFTs.
Plus more powerful engine means it needs more fuel to achieve the same range, so really CFT would just make it more heavy and less maneuverable.

1 extra seat and 1 extra pilot also take some of payload sir at least 200kg
Plus added dorsal spine with extra fuel, larger wing also means extra fuel weight.
This version would only be good for CAS, training, and ground strikes missions within Pakistan.

Plus added dorsal spine with extra fuel, larger wing also means extra fuel weight.
This version would only be good for CAS, training, and ground strikes missions within Pakistan.
training is most important point for having B model sir

There is no point in puting conformal fuel tanks. Engine does not produce enough power. Yeah you can free up potentially three stations for weapons, but with that much load it will become a pig in other words an easy target. And besides i don't think it would be able to use all of it's weapons stations anyway as it would exceed MTOW with full CFTs.
Plus more powerful engine means it needs more fuel to achieve the same range, so really CFT would just make it more heavy and less maneuverable.
Where do you get engine doesntnproduce enough power. Thrust to weight ratio is 1:1.1 thats realky good. In Pakistan someone says engine is no good everyone says engine is no good. One buys a Carolla the whole country buys a corolla. Google thrust to weight ratio of modern fighters.

Where do you get engine doesntnproduce enough power. Thrust to weight ratio is 1:1.1 thats realky good. In Pakistan someone says engine is no good everyone says engine is no good. One buys a Carolla the whole country buys a corolla. Google thrust to weight ratio of modern fighters.
Read it again. I said engine does not produce enough power to have CFTs.
That thrust to weight ratio is for clean configuration. When you slap on some CFTs (heavy) at same time adding drag to the airframe, and if you use all the weapons station then tell me what the thrust to weight ratio is

Read it again. I said engine does not produce enough power to have CFTs.
That thrust to weight ratio is for clean configuration. When you slap on some CFTs (heavy) at same time adding drag to the airframe, and if you use all the weapons station then tell me what the thrust to weight ratio is
As I said check TW ratio of f16

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom