What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

178084344_1330927230616086_6741197725242110426_n.jpg

And your Soviet tube is probably 20 times the price of Chinese one...
Actually - cheaper. for your information..... 1/2 price to the chinese but 10x the life..

Proof ----> Left (black base is the soviet - 1986 tube); right is Shuguang transmission tube - 2017.

20210426_204102[1].jpg

Right now working with Soviet GI7 tube to construct HF amplifier 1.2kw.

Last edited:
Why try to be better when you can just make do

K.I.S.S. - is a design principle which means Keep it simple & stupid. In other words, don't over complicate things, simple works the best. There is no need for fancy hinges on an economical & practical fighter. PAF should rather spend time working on something that matters than spending time in designing those. Plus this is the most weight efficient way of connecting a canopy to the jet! Any other method would definitely weigh more. In a BVR or dog fight no one would have time to appreciate beautiful looking hinges. Once a SD10 is coming straight for your face, all you can think is OH SHIT!!!

Last edited:
K.I.S.S. - is a design principle which means Keep it simple & stupid. In other words, don't over complicate things, simple works the best. There is no need for fancy hinges on an economical & practical fighter. PAF should rather spend time working on something that matters than spending time in designing those. Plus this is the most weight efficient way of connecting a canopy to the jet! Any other method would definitely weigh more. In a BVR or dog fight no one would have time to appreciate beautiful looking hinges. Once a SD10 is coming straight for your face, all you can think is OH SHIT!!!

Hi,

As someone with automotive engr background---I can assure you that this 3rd rate hinges design of the JF17 canopy does not fall under the umbrella of K.I.S.S.

This is poor workmanship and a shoddy design---just like your habits are a reflection of your personality as to who you are---the engineering design is also a reflection of your mindset.

People think most important thing in aerial warfare is hinges of the cockpit.

If it can lock and kill target at 160 km... Would it matter what hinges was it using?

No need to complicate simple things
If it works

Back
Top Bottom