What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

@The Eagle why you put me permanent ban on the JF-17 Block III thread, i just giving the answer to other poster, why you don't ban other guys on the thread doing off topic discussion???

You have been warned many a times for nitpicking on other members and derailing topics. Action is taken after due consideration of repeated violations whereby soft warnings were taken for granted hence, enforcement of rule. Do not derail topics.

Oh well ... the PLAAF is all doomed! :blink:

They operate a "modern" trainer that is still equipped with simple hinges on its canopy! So back-ward and outdated, that surely can be rated a hint, that also all their claims for the J-20 being a true stealth fighter are fake ... it is in fact all faked, a faked AF! :omghaha:

Eventually my most favourite Indian analyst will see this and makes a report out of it. :azn:

Why panic?

Do we have an irony emoji?? ... sorry!

Never mind. You can troll them back with this.

Screenshot_2021-03-11-13-22-05-56.jpg

Radomes ....

why overhaul JF-17 radomes are in this colour .... 🤔🤔🤔
Radomes as you know are made from non metallic material and they cover the radar of an aircraft....lighter shade reportedly have less interruption in the radar signal.

Not really.

Radome shades are very irrelevant as far as operational considerations go. Except darker shades are more visible.

If we take F-16s example, we see a variety of shades on viper radomes across 25 airforces. It is merely a side effect on its anti-static protective neoprene coating (rain erosion). They cannot be painted due to solvents potentially damaging the neoprene-blistering. The OEM radomes have a coating shade equivalent to FS36270 color code and these radomes alone cost around $125,000 each. However, there are two other coating systems: polyurethane and epoxy coatings. Former being used by US Navy by NSAWC F-16s. It did result in a significant dollar amount bill since it was far less reliable. As the top coating deteriorates quite rapidly resulting in patchy spots, fading colors, and in some cases of the airframe the topcoat has started to chip off.

Having said that, darker or lighter shades do not have any technical implications. The right coating will do the job right.

Having said that, darker or lighter shades do not have any technical implications. The right coating will do the job right.
well my comment was based on the myth of Chinese forum that after upgrades of some of the Chinese J-11s or J-16s the colour of their Radomes were changed & it was indicating the change of radar to AESA, as the new changed colour was indicating new radomes made with new material more suitable for AESA radar ....

I was just wondering is this the case with JF-17 as well ...

Back
Top Bottom