What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

It probably means it can fly more efficiently, and the pilot doesn't have to worry about flying the plane and can focus on operating weapon systems, comms, etc.

Maneuverability isn't a priority in the age of BVR. And trying to increase it to compete with a flanker with TVC is pointless.
The level setter is HMDS - that is a must now across 2/2b/3.

PAF engineers are being educated and trained at PAF Academy Risalpur, College of Aeronautical Engineering (affiliated with NUST). The college offers undergraduate programs in Aerospace and Avionics Engineering. Young engineers achieving GPA 3.0 or more are being sent for post graduation qualifications including MS leading to PhD from various top foreign universities abroad.

Similarly PAF aero technicians are being graduated from School of Aeronautics (SoA) and School of Electronics (SoE) Karachi.

Young engineers and technicians undergo a very comprehensive training program during their career progression.

Moreover, PAF engineers are not only confined to Aircraft or related equipment maintenance and manufacturing process management but also carrying out research and development at various centers. In addition to these assignments, engineers holding MS and PhD qualifications are also tasked to teach undergraduate courses in CAE.

So, please do not underestimate PAF aeronautical engineers and aero technicians. Both are adequately educated, skilled and experienced in their fields.

Hence, possibility of tweaking old RD-93 fuel system at PAC cannot be ruled out. Also appreciate, that JF-17 users are the sole customers of RD-93 engine. Till now about 150 to 200 RD-93 engines are being held with JF-17 users. Hence, this quantity will not "motivate" the manufacturer to "tweak" older RD-93 engine free of cost.

Upgradation of RD-93 to RD-93MA was done under contract between Chinese and Russian manufacturer.
I am sorry man but I have studied with the so called engineers. I did my undergrad at SMME and had the chance to take a post-graduate course with these guys from kamra and boy did they suck... I also talked to a couple of engineers at the kamra facility during one of our field trips. Did not impress me one bit as far as their knowledge about aerodynamics/aeronautics was concerned.

They suck and you invented time machine?

I am sorry man but I have studied with the so called engineers. I did my undergrad at SMME and had the chance to take a post-graduate course with these guys from kamra and boy did they suck... I also talked to a couple of engineers at the kamra facility during one of our field trips. Did not impress me one bit as far as their knowledge about aerodynamics/aeronautics was concerned.

If PAF engineers suck think about the HAL Hindutva engineers, who suck like scums and maggots.....

And can u place a single rivvet on a propeller aircraft? They are making k8 mashak jf 17 and azm...
What are u making tea for your boss??

We have seen the front cockpit but not the rear one so far
1612087491593.png

And can u place a single rivvet on a propeller aircraft? They are making k8 mashak jf 17 and azm...
What are u making tea for your boss??

They suck and you invented time machine?
Dont get your panties in a bunch. I am just stating what I observed. Their knowledge of aerodynamics was not good. That does not mean they can't fit rivvets and bolts and ensure that an assembly line functions as is. The only reason why I commented on their knowledge of engineering is because these lads would most certainly not be helping out in Azm. How we are proceeding with Azm is something I dont know. I am sure there are some incredible people at Kamra. Those who I studied with however, most certainly were not.
If PAF engineers suck think about the HAL Hindutva engineers, who suck like scums and maggots.....
I dont think IAF engineers suck. I am doing an international degree and I am studying with these guys from IITs and boy are they good. People from other Indian universities are like us Pakistani engineers but IITs are churning out some real dudes. I think the reason IAF sucks so bad is because of its false policies and lack of vision at the top.

:omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha::omghaha:
Dont get your panties in a bunch. I am just stating what I observed. Their knowledge of aerodynamics was not good. That does not mean they can't fit rivvets and bolts and ensure that an assembly line functions as is. The only reason why I commented on their knowledge of engineering is because these lads would most certainly not be helping out in Azm. How we are proceeding with Azm is something I dont know. I am sure there are some incredible people at Kamra. Those who I studied with however, most certainly were not.

I dont think IAF engineers suck. I am doing an international degree and I am studying with these guys from IITs and boy are they good. People from other Indian universities are like us Pakistani engineers but IITs are churning out some real dudes. I think the reason IAF sucks so bad is because of its false policies and lack of vision at the top.

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Yeah only these real churned out IAF dudes can conceive tejas
And urjunk and what not...

Only successful Indian projects as conceived by these geniuses seems to be the secret ones like mijjiles where project fate is not known publically but one can guess

False flagger

Last edited:
Well you must have contacted those who are just graduate engineers. Furthermore, they will not show their true colors in public. Normally, the best go abroad for post graduate studies.

Well you must have contacted those who are just graduate engineers. Furthermore, they will not show their true colors in public. Normally, the best go abroad for post graduate studies.
I am talking about my experience talking about the aeronautical engineers coming in for their PHDs at Cranfield where one of my friends used to study for his masters in the late 80s. Certainly at that time he shared the same experiences as have been shared by the earlier posters. These were matured guys who were more interested in grabbing any opportunity to get a job in UK in their field. Now things may have changed since then but such experiences were not uncommon.
A

That might very well be true. But to really become a successful R&D enterprise, you need to be able to attract the top local talent and then have the organisational skills to retain it. Smme NUST is one of the top, if not the top Mechanical emgineering school in the country. I dont remember even a single guy even considering applying to Kamra. That's a major flaw in their hiring policies

Last edited:
I am a straight person, for you to be interested in other dude's panties, you are on a wrong forum join BHARAT SHITFUCK

On this forum, what you observed and what you stated is meaningless especially when judging someone else before establishing your own credentials? For you to judge others to be bad, first you have to establish your own credibility, and what is your credibility in the field of science and engineering? hence the question, did you invent the time machine? Did you fail to understand the question? or did you took the question in its literal meaning?

Hi,

Thank you for The post---.

Last edited:
It’s a pretty small sample to generalize.

When NUST was in its infancy or probably on the drawing board, CAE was head and shoulders above other engineering schools in the country. The faculty comprised of young PhDs brimming with ideas and desire to make a difference. Every semester or other the whole curriculum was revised to keep pace with the cutting edge developments in the field. e.g. when Pentium chips were just introduced, undergrad students were learning machine programming 486s. The school was a cut above the rest because the graduation criteria was to successfully complete an individual project; with many a projects coming straight from the service’s own real-world requirement. This was a make or break requirement as all your academics stood for nought if you were not successful in the project. Even those academics were based on grading curve so you essentially had an up or out weeding out happening throughout the years with 20 to even 50 percent attrition not unheard of.

Compared to other schools in the country, you had access to better resources and it showed. Undergrad students projects included working prototypes of Airborne Infrared Search and Track Systems, missile guidance, neural networks (at undergrad level at a time very few had even heard of the AI/ML). Similarly doing finite element analysis and wind tunnel testing of various conformal fuel tank configurations were also undergraduate projects.

Obviously you have a continuum of performance among the graduates but the best could compete with the very best in the world. With a very small size, the ratio of graduates ending up at every top school (your MITs, Stanfords and the like) is fairly high. There are challenges certainly but many of those are systemic and endemic to our secondary school education system and service careers and hierarchy; Yet to summarily dismiss an institution, that is a national treasure in my view, based on a small sample size is too harsh a judgement.

Back
Top Bottom